Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious about time management and how people use their time, so I'm thinking of going around the forums and asking the various MBTI personas about how individuals use their precious time and what sort of activities individuals occupy their time with!

1. Could you explain your situation? (e.g., "I'm a full-time student" or "I work full-time," et cetera).

2. When you have free time, how do you prefer to spend your time (and about how much time do you spend on these activities)?

3. How often/how many times per week do you see people just to hang out?

4. How is your time on the weekends different from your time during the weekdays (are they different?)?

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
I'm curious about time management and how people use their time, so I'm thinking of going around the forums and asking the various MBTI personas about how individuals use their precious time and what sort of activities individuals occupy their time with!

1. Could you explain your situation? (e.g., "I'm a full-time student" or "I work full-time," et cetera).

2. When you have free time, how do you prefer to spend your time (and about how much time do you spend on these activities)?

4. How is your time on the weekends different from your time during the weekdays (are they different?)?
-I am currently a Part-Time College Student who works Part-Time.
-When I have free time I either roam the Web endlessly, watch Television/Movies, read Comics, or play Video Games. I can spend a number of hours on hours doing either of these if I am not working on anything else for the day.
-I used to visit many of my old friends frequently during the Weekends but it has becoming increasingly difficult now finding days compatible with everyone's schedule. So if I must say then every two-three weeks or so.
-In reality I would probably go out more during the weekends then during the weekdays. Go watch a movie, visit a friend, grab a bite to eat and the works. But there is always a possibility I could "feel" like doing those things on the Weekdays too if the moment spurs me.

Hope that helps.
:wink:

·
Registered
723 Posts
1. Full time student and work full time in health care.
2. I spend a lot of free time relaxing at home doing projects or playing xbox. I do hike a lot as well but it's been hard because the weather.
3. I hang out with the same friend once, maybe twice, a week.
4. I work weekends. But on my days off I do more things alone that I enjoy and may spend a few hours one night with a friend.

·
Registered
715 Posts
1. situation: full time education (40h/week, 50% theory, 50% workshop)

2. free time on workdays: "socializing" (=facebook, here), read/play games/watch series, work out - combined about 3h/day

3. hanging out: 2-3 times a month usually on weekends with beer/at the pub. meeting the bf 2-3 times a week

4. weekend: more sleeping, more randomly surfing the web, hiking, beer/pub, once every other month engaging in more time-consuming hobbies (brew beer, make soap, try/explore new stuff)

·
Registered
198 Posts
1. Working full time

2. I practice my hobbies (stained glass, target shooting, fishing, hunting, leather working, bladesmithing), spend time with the wife-unit, watch TV/movies, play video games, write.

3. Almost never. I haven't gone to just hand out with people since...October of last year? I think?

4. Weekends are time for me to do the stuff that I can't do during the week (house maintenance/chores that require more time/tools/equipment), and a time for me to relax (when I can).

·
Registered
4,487 Posts

1. Work part-time as a photographer.

2. Play video games, browse the internet, sex :tongue:, outside activities (Biking, skating, disk golf, kayaking, ect..)

3. Pretty often, at least 4 or 5 days a week.

4. I don't work on weekends. So I do more activities with friends. This past weekend my INTJ friend and I went biking, got stoned, played disk golf, smoked hookah, then got drunk.

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Time ma... Time mahh.. Time maaa.... WHAT?!

1. work full time
2. I like to relax. If I have too much energy I like to train so I can go back to relaxing.
3. Sometimes a lot and sometimes nothing at all. Depends on them and it depends on me. Probably 2-3 hrs / week on avg.
4. It's just more time to do what I want to do, which depends on... well what I want to do at that time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
1. Situation: Basically NEET, independently studying for an university entrance exam (math/physics).
2. All of my time: Studying, working out/running, or internet/rhythm games/IRC/linux while feeling guilty for not studying.
3. Once a week or less. I'm very preoccupied by the upcoming exam so I haven't felt lonely at all for two months.
4. Not different.

Ps.
Time ma... Time mahh.. Time maaa.... WHAT?!
Hah indeed.
Pps. 03:58am.

·
Registered
289 Posts
1. Working part-time as a graphic designer, also self-employed doing random freelance work (ALYSSA MORENO | DESIGNER if you need anything ;))
2. Free time = read random shit on the internet, learn random skills/programs/diy projects, work out, hike,
3. Hang out = A couple of times a month
4. I don't work on the weekends, but I do random volunteer events with the Red Cross and such. Or I go on hikes.

My life is random.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
1) My current situation is transitional. I've been helping out with family matters, working on a break-even small business, doing a bit of graphical piecework when a friend gets overloaded, but quite frankly, this past year has been about as chaotic as I've felt in my adult life.

2) Horrifying INFJs with my blunt observations of the ugly parts of world they refuse to believe in. (It's okay, the INFJs I know are getting used to me.) I don't get a ton of free time lately, but I dabble in programming, electronics, metal and woodworking, and more often than not, am fabricating one gizmo or another in my workshop. My INFJ fiancee keeps me busy fixing broken stuff too, lol.

3) When my INFJ drags me out of the house/yard, because she's afraid I'll become a hermit. Couple times a month, if I let my guard down.

4) Not terribly different, if I can help it, but usually a bit different, because the people we know mostly work weekday jobs, so more social uselessness happens on the weekends.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Full time pharmacy student

Learning to cook/baking, running, public speaking, getting drunk, watching films. It varies a lot. I get bored easily.

Varies depending on work load. I live with other people in halls and they ask if I want a cup of tea a lot and then that escalates..

I hibernate. Seriously, almost every weekend theres one night where I'l sleep 15+ hours. Aside from that, they're not much different, though I'm more likely to go out I guess.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I work full time, basically 9-5 but way more flexible

Most of my time is wasted online looking at stuff to buy (I don't actually buy much, hence "wasted".) I also spend hours on end in a dimly lit room with my eyes shut listening to music, and occaisionally find myself addicted to a video game which can take up nearly all my time for a couple of weeks before I get bored of it. I go to karate once a week, the gym a couple of times and I'm also on a skittles team which plays most weeks for 8 months a year. I've been known to disappear all day hiking but that was spoilt when I went on a walk with a girl and I haven't been since (well over a year ago) - I now know it's better when you're not alone, I am.

Never. I see people to do stuff I cannot do alone, just sitting round chatting is of no interest to me (unless people are drunk and talking about something meaningful.) The closest I get to hanging out would be playing poker but that's only every couple of months or so.

I have to see people at work including playing pool with colleagues at lunch and I also do things in the evenings, at the weekend I often don't leave the house except to buy groceries.

·
Registered
166 Posts

Working full time as a Mechanical/Electrical Engineer 8-6 -_-

Messing with my bikes (bicycles x2 not cheap :x parts changing and maintenance and riding them :3) riding them not so much, depends on the company, my trail bike has not seen mud for a few months, although the suspension is exercised plenty on the nearby urban features where i usually meet friends in town :3

Messing with my PC (another bloody expensive hobby) mostly upgrading for the games i buy:3 though most of them don't really last very long in my hands, less of the shooting ( i enjoy it but it gets boring real fast), more of the exploration open world type 1st/3rd person shooters :3 (far cry3, assassins creed, thief soon?
facebook, how its made youtube, documentaries on guns, mega vehicles, mega structures, bike videos on pinkbike etc.

Yep i'm kinda boring lol~

Maybe once or twice a week for the occasional movies and junk food~ maybe during the weekends to ride my bike:3

Weekdays: work, go home eat, or go out for movies or food, simpsons tapped out, youtube, play pc games, sleep~

weekends: sleep late, night bike ride, late afternoon riding, play games after dinner, maybe go for supper with friends~ basically the more free time i have, the more i will meddle with my bikes and PC and use them extensively :3
clean cat poop in the wee hours :3 maybe feed them :3

·
Registered
2 Posts
1. full-time student
2. usually gaming, watching anime, movies, surfing the net
3. i don't go out anymore,
4. it not much different, i laze around all the time XD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts