Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you tell or show the people closest to you in your life that you have changed a lot without making them feel uncomfortable?

I ''just know'' (in my heart) that they will still accept me the way I am and I will always care about them even when the time comes for a few of us to drift apart. However, my gut says during initial stages there might be some discomfort.

I just want them to know that this is for the best and my change will not make me stop caring for them. It will make me more self determining, but not less attentive.

Can you relate with their own experiences? I know it sounds vague, but hit me with whatever answers come to your mind. I'm too tired to explain much, sorry.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Typically it's only done by experience and display. Telling them will cause the discomfort.. but not telling them may make them drift away unless it's good change or they actually ask you about it. Why not.. compromise? Experience then ask them if they think you've changed.

·
Banned
1,105 Posts
I agree with Apollo if these are people you rarely spend time with. If they're people you're around regularly, its very likely that they've already noticed some changes occurring. Providing you've been yourself with them of course.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
If you have prove or tell people you changed then maybe you haven't noticeabley changed. Sometimes people say hey you've changed and my reply was " No you just haven't seen me in a while."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts