Personality Cafe banner
81 - 100 of 146 Posts
It's funny before I started this thread I thought everybody had multiple trains of thoughts running through their minds at all time, it's not much of a trigger- but my mind never stops, for ex as I'm typing this - another thought from the back of my mind is having an abstract family baking hot fudge brownies and my back voice is narrating about what to do when I get home from work

If I were to imagine a bunny I'll see hugh Hefner- then it's his mansion and then it's a Thomas kinkade painting of cottages- wait a minute where is the bunny ? That's Ne running
If my Si is running ill have a memory of that one time my cousin and I found a bunny on Easter - it was brown with big long ears

Inferior Si trap in the past means that an over flow of memories will play constantly in ones mind and it's hard to snap out or unwanted memories will replay over and over again-
I believe infp have better nostalgia than Ne dom- the past tends to flutter my mind when I'm at my lowest point

With traveling back in time - that's more along something Si dom /aux can do - I talked to an estj on this forum and I believe he said sometimes hell relive the past and it freaks him out so much

Its amusing to compare the similarities and differences isnt it ?

How do you recall senses or tastes - curious

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Wow, such a different process of imagining a bunny! My mind always stays on topic unless I'm bored, I will just add more details to the picture the longer I think about it. I will only change to a different topic if I consciously decide to do so. When I'm trying to write a story the best thing for me to do is think about it as long as possible so it will become more and more detailed, like a computer loading a very high resolution image where it gradually clarifies into a crisp image but at first it's all mosaic and blurry.

How can you write a post while thinking of baking hot fudge brownies? I could never put my thoughts together if I was thinking of that! Ne is amazing. I think I understand better how you guys can be so involved in so many different things, if I think about it like that.

Yes it is so interesting. Sometimes I've doubted in the past that maybe I was really ENFP but reading how Ne thinks it's clear I am definitely not. These comparisons make it so much more obvious than just looking at the theory.

Recalling senses or taste... I really am just simulating the details I know about it. It doesn't necessarily go back to a real personal memory. (It might, but it doesn't have to either.)

Well if I think about taste... I will know I'm not really tasting it, but I will also KNOW what the taste is like, as if I were tasting it here and now. Same with any other sense, I will know exactly what it was like to sense that even if it's hard to put into words. I guess my brain is always trying to form a simulation of reality, in as much detail as possible by synthesizing all the information I know that could be relevant into that final simulation. I can form really complex simulations in my mind and change/manipulate them however I want, it's good for problem solving or gaining insight into something. In math I would prefer to do most of the math without writing it down unless it was really complex. Or playing chess for example I would imagine 3 4 or 5 or more moves ahead that represented all the different likely lines of play.

Anyway for example if I remember the taste of a black olive, I can't easily describe what it's like, but I know the taste without describing it. The description is just an attempt to convey what I already sensed. But I might describe it really poorly even though what I sensed might have been the EXACT taste of a black olive. Like I might say it's an umami slightly bitter type of flavor with some buttery and faintly sour notes and it's also briny and a little metallic probably because of the canning process for making canned black olives. But that description doesn't really convey what I experience which is the specific flavor itself. I also think about how the olive on the outside is sleek and slippery and uniform, softly rubbery and pliable and not mushy at all, how it feels when your tongue touches its skin. How on the top you feel a cut out circle and on the bottom you might notice a cut out plus sign + from how they remove the pit. Then how if you chew down it gets mashed into separate fatty chunks that are still loosely held together by skin, because it has almost a firm gelatinous texture inside.

Does Ne-Si remember the specific taste? What I mean is, when you describe it are you describing a sense that you're already sensing that doesn't necessarily need words to describe? Or does the sensation come to you at the same time as the words?

Discussion starter · #82 ·
@wums
How can you write a post while thinking of baking hot fudge brownies? I could never put my thoughts together if I was thinking of that! Ne is amazing. I think I understand better how you guys can be so involved in so many different things, if I think about it like that.s Ne-Si remember the specific taste? What I mean is, when you describe it are you describing a sense that you're already sensing that doesn't necessarily need words to describe? Or does the sensation come to you at the same time as the words?

In regards of having multiple thoughts running at once think of it this way...you're still able to type or have a conversation with music or a movie in the background right ?
My main thought is obviously more center - where as other thoughts are like the background-

I'm glad that you find this thread helpful:) I enjoy reading everyone responses quite much ' mainly bc it's so different how one mind work' what I didn't expect was how entirely different or similar it was

Onto remembering tastes- I believe I envision the scenario first and then the words comes to me as I'm describing a taste
For example - black olive have a similar texture in between a mushroom and a pickle, it tastes briny and savory with a hint of acidity aftertaste.
I think it depends on what I'm describing sometimes its hard to find words most of the time I can describe most things ( unsure if its cognitively related though)
I believe when it comes to recalling taste my fi and Si comes out to play more- bc I have to trac

Reactions: wums and Llyralen
Discussion starter · #83 ·
@wums
How can you write a post while thinking of baking hot fudge brownies? I could never put my thoughts together if I was thinking of that! Ne is amazing. I think I understand better how you guys can be so involved in so many different things, if I think about it like that.s Ne-Si remember the specific taste? What I mean is, when you describe it are you describing a sense that you're already sensing that doesn't necessarily need words to describe? Or does the sensation come to you at the same time as the words?

In regards of having multiple thoughts running at once think of it this way...you're still able to type or have a conversation with music or a movie in the background right ?
My main thought is obviously more center - where as other thoughts are like the background-

I'm glad that you find this thread helpful:) I enjoy reading everyone responses quite much ' mainly bc it's so different how one mind work' what I didn't expect was how entirely different or similar it was

Onto remembering tastes- I believe I envision the scenario first and then the words comes to me as I'm describing a taste
For example - black olive have a similar texture in between a mushroom and a pickle, it tastes briny and savory with a hint of acidity aftertaste.
I think it depends on what I'm describing sometimes its hard to find words most of the time I can describe most things ( unsure if its cognitively related though)
I believe when it comes to recalling taste my fi and Si comes out to play more- bc I have to trac

Back my memories to what I've experienced - then describe it - what about you ?
How visual can you remember an image of a person face?

@ai.tran.75 Okay thanks for putting it that way because that helps me understand the multiple thought trains. Hmm, now that you mention it, actually it IS really hard for me to have a conversation when there's a movie or other conversation in the background. I have to mentally work to block out the background noise rather than paying attention to both of them. I think. Maybe I'm not being accurate when I say that. All I know is having multiple sources of input going on at once gets me feeling stressed/frazzled and I especially am bad at keeping track of multiple at once. I prefer to give all my attention to one conversation or one thought at a time. And even if my attention is in two different places I'm not thinking of both at once but instead I'm jumping back and forth from one to the other. However the exception is that I can play music in my head while some other conversation or thinking is going on. Like some ENFPs have reported I almost always have music playing in my head.

As for remembering faces I think I'm good at it. Especially in recent years because thanks to MBTI I have gotten used to how different facial profiles can connect to different types and functions (I know this is controversial but a pattern is a pattern, I can't help but notice the patterns.) and that makes me even more aware of the unique features of different faces. But even before then I was the type to never forget a face or a voice.

A little off topic but I also notice ENFPs think really fast/just let their thoughts roll out of them openly. That's very different from me too because I really have to give my thoughts time to be able to sort them out at least to sort out how I would explain them. I find it really hard/laborious to explain my reasoning to other people whereas ENFPs can always think out loud and cite facts for their opinions and try to come to a consensus socially rather than internally. It reminds me of the Chris Pine discussion where I could not easily explain why I type him ESTP even though there's lots of reasons but you were able to quickly list some reasons why he could be ESTP and also all the ENFPs were able to quickly list some reasons for how they typed him. (Not to bring up that discussion again just using it as an example!)

I try not to express my opinions too much because if I do then people will want me to explain them and that is the part that's really hard to put into words! My brain does some processing then just goes... "uhhhh.. oh this will take a lot of work and time if I really want to properly explain it" and may just give up. That's why I wonder why Te users usually ask me to explain my opinions, I just want to say "hmm it's not so simple to just explain it." But I guess for Te users you are more likely to just go by the observable facts and what seems correct and then move on?

@ai.tran.75 Okay thanks for putting it that way because that helps me understand the multiple thought trains. Hmm, now that you mention it, actually it IS really hard for me to have a conversation when there's a movie or other conversation in the background. I have to mentally work to block out the background noise rather than paying attention to both of them. I think. Maybe I'm not being accurate when I say that. All I know is having multiple sources of input going on at once gets me feeling stressed/frazzled and I especially am bad at keeping track of multiple at once. I prefer to give all my attention to one conversation or one thought at a time. And even if my attention is in two different places I'm not thinking of both at once but instead I'm jumping back and forth from one to the other. However the exception is that I can play music in my head while some other conversation or thinking is going on. Like some ENFPs have reported I almost always have music playing in my head.

As for remembering faces I think I'm good at it. Especially in recent years because thanks to MBTI I have gotten used to how different facial profiles can connect to different types and functions (I know this is controversial but a pattern is a pattern, I can't help but notice the patterns.) and that makes me even more aware of the unique features of different faces. But even before then I was the type to never forget a face or a voice.

A little off topic but I also notice ENFPs think really fast/just let their thoughts roll out of them openly. That's very different from me too because I really have to give my thoughts time to be able to sort them out at least to sort out how I would explain them. I find it really hard/laborious to explain my reasoning to other people whereas ENFPs can always think out loud and cite facts for their opinions and try to come to a consensus socially rather than internally. It reminds me of the Chris Pine discussion where I could not easily explain why I type him ESTP even though there's lots of reasons but you were able to quickly list some reasons why he could be ESTP and also all the ENFPs were able to quickly list some reasons for how they typed him. (Not to bring up that discussion again just using it as an example!)

I try not to express my opinions too much because if I do then people will want me to explain them and that is the part that's really hard to put into words! My brain does some processing then just goes... "uhhhh.. oh this will take a lot of work and time if I really want to properly explain it" and may just give up. That's why I wonder why Te users usually ask me to explain my opinions, I just want to say "hmm it's not so simple to just explain it." But I guess for Te users you are more likely to just go by the observable facts and what seems correct and then move on?
And I was grateful for what you explained too about Ni. Dario Nardi says Ni needs low stimulus in order for the Ni information to form. So, yes, noises during a test are extremely distracting for you, I'd think... if we put it that way... where for Ne it actually helps me to have a familiar (not TOO interesting) movie or some familiar music in the background to calm down my extra trains of thought which would be running anyway. I always have to have something going so that I can block it out to concentrate. Consciously blocking out stimulus is what is needed for me, I believe.
And I loved how you explained what happens with the bunny for you. The description of the olives was actually very tangible, felt like it was right there. @ai.tran.75 and I have compared our memories of raspberries and also compared them to high Se users. She is better at remembering the flavor than I am. I feel like I remember it in the abstract--- like an impression of a raspberry.

I was talking about all of this with my INTP sister and I was telling her high Se users often have problems in classrooms especially if they aren't allowed to move or look out of a window. She told me the following story. She said, "There was this guy who did not usually get good grades. Our teacher took us outside one day to look around and started to point out plants and the names of the plants and I enjoyed it and had no idea that there would be a test. When we got back inside the teacher had a pop test about the names of all the plants with pictures. I couldn't remember a thing. This guy with the low grades got every single one of them correct." I think that's Se for you.

Recently @Thebig5 (ESFP, we think) wrote me something to ask me if it was Ne or Se and the details of the physical world and using those physical details to put himself into other people's shoes with Fi was fascinating and vivid to me. He talked about seeing a crow's wings and thinking that they were dry and how dry the crow must feel and since I hardly ever even notice my body or my body sensations unless consciously trying to think about them, it was a fantastic window into Se-Fi for me.

Anyway, your olive was a very vivid description for me. So was @ai 's =) I think it's a good writing skill. =) If you can make my mouth water and I NOTICE it. lol =)

Reactions: ai.tran.75 and wums
Discussion starter · #86 ·

Hey there
I find it fascinating that one could be singular focus in their mind, my mind is always running . However I can relate with you about having conversations- I'm very singular focus as well- to the point that unintentionally make another person feel left out of a conversations
You brought up a good point - Te does tend to think aloud to absorb and test out more information- hence more words

I envy you on recognizing faces - I recall names better than faces ( and I'm not even good with names smh) which reminded me - I invited my favorite guy friend entp( we've only twice before but it was instant connection) to our mutual friend bday( turns out he happened to be her neighbor) and we both saw each other - said I and totally neglect that fact that we knew each other until an hour later when I asked him if it was actually him and we both bursted out laughing telling each other "no wonder you looked so familiar "
I am good at memorizing conversations though - almost words for words- as in what I say will match out with what I wrote or texted :)

And I was grateful for what you explained too about Ni. Dario Nardi says Ni needs low stimulus in order for the Ni information to form. So, yes, noises during a test are extremely distracting for you, I'd think...
Well hopefully by the time the test comes around I would have already done the Ni part. But, thank you for saying that, actually the statement about Ni needing low stimulus explains so much of what I've experienced. And here I thought I'm weird where when I really need to process a thought I have an almost overwhelming compulsion to go lie down and even bring the covers or put a pillow over my head, just to block out everything. When I was just forced into new experiences all the time I was completely dysfunctional. I need Se too but, only small doses of it.

And it explains where I struggled with school too, the exact opposite of how SPs struggle, a classroom was TOO MUCH stimulus and I couldn't learn in that environment. I always had to go home and figure everything out on my own time so most days in school I would just retreat into my mind or even keep my head down. Mainly speaking about college in higher math/science classes, there was no way I could metabolize this complex technical information on the fly in a social environment. But if I took it home and sat with it it would start to make sense. I just cannot do group learning at all. And in general always have to take a step back and let go in order to gain insight. I had never heard that Dario Nardi quote but I'm glad you shared it because it makes so much sense. When I come across good tidbits like that I tend to remember them forever and they become "nodes" that help organize a lot of my thoughts to branch out from. :proud:

The idea of consciously blocking out stimulus as a GOOD thing is so fascinating! It sounds stressful from where I stand! lol. But I know Si loves the familiar. My sister is an ESFJ who watches her favorite movies and shows like 10, 20, 50 times, that was comfort and stimulation for her. So even as a Ne dom, it must be working like an anchor that gets you in a desired mental space? Perfect example of how even a Ne dom will still need to take notice of Si, without at least some Si there are toooo many possibilities and the more Si/Fi you add in the more you could narrow them to be able to focus.

And I loved how you explained what happens with the bunny for you. The description of the olives was actually very tangible, felt like it was right there. @ai.tran.75 and I have compared our memories of raspberries and also compared them to high Se users. She is better at remembering the flavor than I am. I feel like I remember it in the abstract--- like an impression of a raspberry.
Well that's perfect because that relates to what Ai was saying about remembering the taste brings out more Fi and Si. I think it brings out my Fe and Se too and I'm learning how useful a tool that is for writing. Basically show and don't tell. I'm really happy that you made that comment about that as a writing skill :) I almost never show anyone my writing writing (mostly because I haven't done anything I was truly proud of yet) but that's what I would have wanted and hoped to hear if I did. It seems to turn out much better if I use that Fe and Se that I can deliberately access through mental imagery.

I think you must be on the more Ne-heavy spectrum of ENFP, right? I mean still using plenty of Fi of course but also LOTS of Ne and even a lot of Te.

Hey there
I find it fascinating that one could be singular focus in their mind, my mind is always running . However I can relate with you about having conversations- I'm very singular focus as well- to the point that unintentionally make another person feel left out of a conversations
You brought up a good point - Te does tend to think aloud to absorb and test out more information- hence more words

I envy you on recognizing faces - I recall names better than faces ( and I'm not even good with names smh) which reminded me - I invited my favorite guy friend entp( we've only twice before but it was instant connection) to our mutual friend bday( turns out he happened to be her neighbor) and we both saw each other - said I and totally neglect that fact that we knew each other until an hour later when I asked him if it was actually him and we both bursted out laughing telling each other "no wonder you looked so familiar "
I am good at memorizing conversations though - almost words for words- as in what I say will match out with what I wrote or texted :)
Oh yeah, for NFPs the words are so very important aren't they. I have had to learn to choose my words better because of that so as not to create misunderstandings. /sigh

Word-for-word, that is impressive. Intimidating even... Who knows what kinds of things I might unwittingly say sometimes. Yikes. The fear with NFPs and saying the wrong thing for me is not "exposing" something I'm trying to hide so much as saying something I didn't really mean or didn't sound right the way I said it because I can't always put what I really mean into words very well and sometimes I have to "test" them and see if they are accurate just like you would have to test with Te. Either that or just never say anything personal at all.

Thinking with words is such an interesting concept to me. They can feel constraining sometimes. I think NFPs have very amazing verbal intelligence though and can know how to put things in just the perfect way to convey a feeling.

Do you think you can unhear words if it turns out it was a misunderstanding and you realize, oh, they didn't really mean what it sounded like? Or does that Fi hit always stay there.

BTW I do have a good memory for words when talking with NFPs but not necessarily with most other types. I remember conversations a LOT more with NFPs than even with say SFPs because I just think it registers differently.

I am bad with names too...

Do you find that Ne multi-track thinking can be pathologized by many (probably especially by SJs)? When I was younger, I remember exasperated teachers sighing that I had too many things going on in my head and needed to be able to focus on only ONE THING and I remember thinking, "sorry, b*tch... ain't gonna happen."

My native tongue is english but I speak some other languages with a degree of fluency. I love language, etymology, trying to express myself well... and I find when trying to converse in another language, that's one of the times when I get closest to having only one track in my head; I become deeply absorbed in figuring out foreign communication.

I guess I'll start- my thoughts are mainly verbal with specks of visualization - however when indulging in my imagination I can close my eyes and visualize /feel and somewhat smell where I'm at - I can even recall tastes but only up to 33 percent of reality .
My mind talks nonstop- and I have 3 or 4( maybe more) thoughts running all at once
For example- one part of my mind will be making a movie , another recalling a conversation with somebody but it's faded out , and then the main part would narrate or introspect itself.
My thoughts are always in English - when conversing in Vietnamese with my mom and relatives ( I can speak, read and write fluently in Vietnamese )
When conversing with somebody - my main focus will be talking to them - however my mind does jump around in visual thoughts and other false fantasize memories all at once . I tend to recall and remember what the other person is saying - however I find myself quite talkative- yet when the conversation is over I could only remember what the other party said .
When writing- my mind goes blank and I just write , sometimes it feels as if my writing junp out before my thoughts - same with reading and watching a movie I enjoy, it's as if my mind took a break for a while- however if I'm not fully captivated then random thoughts would occur.
My mind doesn't stop and I can easily introspect myself and make pro cons list in my mind- yet have soft melody of music ( only 25 % effective I can't actually hear the music out loud ) in the back ground . I replay conversations nonstop , and it's easy for me to drift off into daydreaming- more so if I'm listening to music .when certain emotions hits me- flash back of visual memory would occur- for example- I kept on seeing me as a four years old asking my dad who gave him his Picasso painting and he will say " you did" and for that brief moment I'll feel like I travel back in time

ummm... this. almost exactly 100%. it seems like i'm better at "hearing" music in my head than you are, though. XD

oh, but i don't know vietnamese, though. XD i get occasional thoughts in japanese, because i've been forgetting learning it over the years, but that's about it.

Reactions: ai.tran.75
Discussion starter · #91 ·
ummm... this. almost exactly 100%. it seems like i'm better at "hearing" music in my head than you are, though. XD

oh, but i don't know vietnamese, though. XD i get occasional thoughts in japanese, because i've been forgetting learning it over the years, but that's about it.
Lol I'm glad that you could relate :)
have you tried asking your esfp these questions?

Reactions: ENFPurpleKitti
Lol I'm glad that you could relate :)
have you tried asking your esfp these questions?

Hmmm, I should...

Reactions: ai.tran.75
Images only. Sometimes those images are of words being said, though. I learn language "kid style." I think cross-connecting language makes it harder to learn and complicates the process because words can't always be 100% paralell and grammar differences will end up convoluted.

Discussion starter · #94 ·
Images only. Sometimes those images are of words being said, though. I learn language "kid style." I think cross-connecting language makes it harder to learn and complicates the process because words can't always be 100% paralell and grammar differences will end up convoluted.
That is so interesting-! Do you verbalize your thoughts at all ? My thoughts are mainly in words hence I find this amusing

Also are your thoughts more vivid /realistic or abstract
How many train of thoughts run in your mind at once
How do you recall sense of smell or tastes?
How do you recall memories or remember conversations?

How vivid is your imagination?
Not very, but I'm not sure my experience of life is very vivid, see below.

What senses can you feel or use when thinking about something ?
I can often grasp tactile sensation in my mind and inter spacial and recall of feelings. But the other senses are pretty hazy. The same for sensing outside of myself, unless I specifically focus on THINGS then I don't notice sensory stuff. I try to focus on things regularly, just to ground myself, but none of that makes much of an impression in memory.

Do multiple thoughts play out at once or are you more singular focus

Multiple. It all just weaves in and weaves out.

When conversing with somebody - what thoughts crosses your mind- do you have any thoughts at all

It depends on what the nature of our conversation. I'll mostly be in my own stream-of-consciousness, thinking about whatever we're talking about in parallel and interjecting given whatever becomes of interest to me. Also simultaneously, kind of get into a space where I try to model their mind in my mind, it just sort of pops into existence, it's not stream of consciousness, it's a kind of map that I will consult or revise. Which is more emphasized depends on how well I know the person, or how well I want to know them. On new meetings, I can almost be entirely on 'map' mode, and essentially be surfing their mind, with little stream-of-consciousness on my part.

How vivid are your imagination?
what senses can you feel or use when thinking about something ?
Is it more visual /verbal/audio ?
When conversing with somebody - what thoughts crosses your mind- do you have any thoughts at all
If you speak more than one languages- which language do you verbalize in your mind
I think my imagination isn't too visual and detailed - some pictures are here and there but it mostly isn't detailed and clear. Audio imagination is much better and I could play whole songs in my head like I was really listening them. Same applies for creating music by myself - I can sometimes figure out whole new riffs and pieces of music without playing them first on my instruments.

I usually don't sense much while using imagination. Sexual fantasies make an exception - in that area I can imagine and feel everything like it's almost real :)

About focus - topics can change rapidly and seemingly randomly but main focus is often on one bigger topic at a time.

When I have conversations with people, I often expand my own ideas of interest. There could be visuals and feelings in imagination. Often this type of expansion of thoughts are accompanied by euphoric feelings.

I usually think in my own language but when I have to be among English speakers or present anything in front of people in English (ie at conference) then I think in English too.

My thinking is very chaotic, I easily switch from one thought to another. And I constantly get new ideas connected with current one.
My thinking is vusual, my imagination plays a huge role.

Multiple thoughts can play at once and I sometimes have trouble concentraiting on the main one.

I think in my native language but when I'm thinking about english-speaking people, sitauations, movies I think in english.

Umm, I wish the Q's were more organized, but let me see what I can recall of them;

- My thinking is only lingual if it's directed towards a person, like preparing to speak or write, or imagining I'm speaking with someone.
I don't seem to narrate for my own benefit. It's interesting to see some people do that. I wonder how common it is?

- A good deal of the time, my mind is empty, without being zoned out, if that makes sense. It's the Ni perception phase which is really open and waiting, ready to pounce on something that drifts by. But the long silences often make me curious / a little weirded out, because it's almost like I'm not here in my mind. The part that is me has shrunk back out of the way and I only know I'm present by this growing sensation of... of something I can't describe. It's almost a feeling of power, but an impotent one. [SUB]* putting my thumb here to try to drum up a better description sometime.[/SUB]

- The rest of the time, my imagination is incredibly vivid, and I didn't think it was unusually so until learning MBTI and talking to a lot of people about how they see things internally.
In my mind, it's like movies playing out. Very clear, detailed pictures full of color that is very realistic. I prefer tropical settings full of jewel toned flowers and foliage, so perhaps that part is not realistic per say. You know, maybe I should just move to Hawaii?
I have a few worlds set up that I spend some time in every day... they're where I connect with avatar versions of people I either know or wish to know, and their characters are pretty complex, they also provide me with feedback that I need for various thoughts or problems I have, and I've idealized them all to give me the wisest versions of answers that my imagination can drum up, so in a way I'm advising myself and it's limited to my understanding of wisdom as it stands at this point in my life.

- If I'm in a working mindset, like for writing something or refining an idea or theory... it's like a cutter. Clip, clip, cut, and half of what I was working on has disappeared under the knife, never to be remembered again. It takes a physical toll and makes me tired to think this way. I usually follow this sort of thinking (highly focused Ti, basically) with a nap, or truly zone out in front of the t.v.

- Feelings. I only feel anything emotional within if I'm talking to another person, or with an imaginary person. The rest of the time, my prevailing emotion is a peaceful separateness. But others ramp my feelings from 0-60 in seconds, and I hate that swift change, so it's part of why I get bothered and cranky if someone surprises me during my quiet time. It comes with a surge of adrenaline which isn't that pleasant.

- Memory. I seem to have a great memory for words, what is said or written, and that's my learning style too.
But I can't for the life of me remember names, dates, what day of the week it is or stuff like that.
And every time I go to sleep, I wake up with this entirely blank slate that's like I don't know anything about myself, who I am or what I've done. It takes a few hours of being awake before my data stores come online, and even then it's easy to repress them if I'm in the mood to do so. Every day is a new me if I want it to be, which is highly beneficial when it comes to getting over old wounds (otherwise I might not have recovered from some stuff)… but it can be a severe drawback when something is in progress over a long span of time, such as a project, or when people are relying on me to remember something life-related, which I usually need technological help to do.
And of course, no one can ask me a question before noon, because all that happens in my brain is a big blank question mark, for even the tiniest little things, like whether I want breakfast or if I'm even a creature who consumes food? Is that a thing that people do?

Did I get all the questions?

If you speak more than one languages- which language do you verbalize in your mind
It's quite vivid, with pretty strong visuals. When someone talks to me and describes something I picture it within milliseconds, in colour and whatnot. Verbal/audio and smells/textures will vary depending on the situation. I can do all those but visuals are the easiest & effortless. Perhaps irrelevant, but I also have this thing when touching or hearing metal clanging makes me taste it, idk why.

I don't feel like I have multiple thoughts running all together, more like multiple thoughts fighting for attention. I guess it's possible they can overlap for a little bit.

Well, depends who it is and what we're talking about, I think I'm usually focused on what they're saying while my brain tries to predict & anticipate where this is going. As I said above I'll usually also picture what they're talking about like a movie playing in my head, I don't really control this I just kinda do it automatically, tho sometimes if I don't want to get too involved with what they're saying I can sort of shut it down. I remember when I was very young, one time at my aunt's they were talking about something political and my aunt used an expression we have "the knife reached bone" which means that things just can't get worse and I visualizd this immediately, & was horrified coz I didn't know it was a metaphor until then.

I think in my native which is Greek and English. I was learning English since kindergarten but sometime when I was 9-10 I felt I was plateauing, I really wanted to be able to understand it like I was a native, to watch movies etc without subs, so I figured if I think in Greek it means others think in English coz it's their language so I should start doing the same, so I started forcing myself to think in English and it worked. Tho now it can be a bit of an issue coz I can't find words in Greek when I talk to other Greeks.

@ai.tran.75

It is vivid, constantly running. But it's not fantasizing or anything, it's purely just imagining things to say to people, do for people, imagining what I'd say in a certain situation. Stuff like that I think is what makes me good at socializing, a lot of the times I already know what I'm going to say to something.

Me and my senses don't get along.

If I had to pick one I'd pick audio, as I'm constantly sounding out words in my head as I type them.

Singular focus, I know what I'm doing what the goal is and what I'm hoping to achieve at all times.

Thankfully my thoughts stay peacefully quiet when I'm talking to someone, which makes me so good at being able to listen people, focus on what they're saying, and come out with my reply immediately. I rarely ever have to think out what I'm going to say, it just comes out.

81 - 100 of 146 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.