Personality Cafe banner
121 - 140 of 146 Posts
Thank you so much @ai.tran.75 for mentioning me in this interesting thread!

How vivid are your imagination?
I believe that my imagination is quite vivid. My mind would be actively imagining various things throughout the entire day. I’d constantly be thinking to myself, and the next thing I notice is that I’m already exploring different scenarios.
The different concepts, media and people I’m exposed to help inspire my imagination, they shape the world my mind creates.
Sometimes I’d vividly relive old incidents that happened to me before, specifically my special memories.

what senses can you feel or use when thinking about something ?
I see a lot of different images, movements, sceneries, etc. I’d also be able to hear sounds, music, and even other people’s tone changes (If I’m imagining a scenario where a person is upset).

Is it more visual /verbal/audio ?
Mostly visual and auditory.

Do multiple thoughts play out at once or are you more singular focus.
Multiple!! As I mentioned above, my mind is quite active. I’d be imagining something whether I’m walking, driving, eating, getting ready, or just chilling. I’d be dwelling on one scenario, and few minutes later I’d jump to a different one. It’s like my mind constantly keeps switching tracks.

When conversing with somebody - what thoughts crosses your mind- do you have any thoughts at all
In a conversation, I’d give the speaker my full attention. My mind would visualize every single detail they’re saying. The entire story would play in my mind as if it was a movie. Helps me feel more empathic towards them.

If you speak more than one languages- which language do you verbalize in your mind
I use both, English and Arabic. Well, depends on what I’m thinking.

I have a vivid and often detailed imagination. I generally apply it to a story I'm writing, but also to considering my future, and picturing various scenarios. Often, I spend my evenings, thinking about a particular topic, sorting out my memories, and different things I've learned, sorting out what's relevant, and formulating how I view things, and what I consider to be true and why. Generally I do this, by imagining myself having a conversation with someone about the topic, trying to anticipate what they might say in return, by thinking of what I might post on the forum on a topic, or sorting out scenes in fiction concerning these topics.

It depends on what I'm thinking about. Sometimes a thought doesn't concern any of the five main senses, and those thoughts are hard to explain. It's like abstract concepts like math, or anything mainly logical. I have general sense in my gut that something is correct or incorrect, but it starts out as a feeling, and I have to sort them out in my mind, and in that sense, it's typically somewhat visual.
It's really hard to explain how I think, because when I'm thinking on a topic, it's mostly informational, and I don't strongly consider whether I'm visualizing the information or hearing it in an inner monologue. It's like when I take in verbal information, and I can remember the words, but not remember where I encountered the words, it's difficult for me to differentiate whether I've heard those words spoken in a film or tv program or if I read them. I hope this doesn't sound insane.
But depending on what I'm imagining, it can encompass any of the senses. Generally, in considering my imaginary world, it's mostly visual. I generally also hear music in my mind; I almost constantly have at least one song in my head. My auditory imagination in coming up with nuanced sounds and original melodies, isn't quite as vivid as my visual imagination. However, when imagining stories, they seem like little films in my mind, as I try to imagine the tone of voice a character uses when saying a particular thing.
I can imagine smells, sometimes, like how crayons on coloring books smell, the smell of lavendar, or cinnamon rolls; I can often imagine textures, as well, but only when presented with evocative imagery concerning touch, like the feel of leather, or velour.
Also when it comes to feeling, I can synthesize some sensations by thinking on how they make me feel, like having a goosebumpy feeling or what is often called ASMR.

I believe the dominant sense is visual, overall, but it also depends on which sense is the most relevant to an imaginaning.

Reactions: ai.tran.75
How vivid are your imagination? extremely vivid. Even for spelling words, i visualize them
what senses can you feel or use when thinking about something ? visual mostly
Do multiple thoughts play out at once or are you more singular focus idk.. I believe singular focused. I usually lose track of one thought, if i start a new one, but it's more "hyperfocus", and i can't think of nothing, i suppose, like i think about the concept of "nothing"
When conversing with somebody - what thoughts crosses your mind- do you have any thoughts at all yes, certainly. Everything is a thought before I speak, regardless if i choose to say it loud or not (depending on the simulation I run of what could happen if i say it or not, and how i express it (verbally, non-verbally) and this happen in a fraction of milliseconds / seconds.
If you speak more than one languages- which language do you verbalize in your mind both english and dutch. My native language is dutch, but I prefer to process in english... LOL. Currently, i use no translation, i directly read, write and think in english. I think nowadays I use more english during a thought process, like 50/50, sometimes it's a mix, and english is intertwined in dutch RL interactions, like for example i don't know the dutch word for intertwined not. Same for interfering or even "remember". I forgot them. Which is weird, as i never set a foot in native english-speaking territory, but the internet & entertainment is majorly english-speaking dominated.
Can you remember someone voice ? Strongly, yes (like Trump as an example)
Or are they all your own voices ? LOL. I can't recognize my own voice probably
Do you get deja vu (feeling like something has happened before)? a lot

i wondered more about intertwined. I never used that word before, and I still knew it fit there. I had to look it up if it was a real word and what it meant, but seems it was what I unconsciously thought it was...

And idk if i use Ni or Ne but it's hyperfast, like it probably could outspeed the speed of light to end with a metaphor.

i have few memories, but they are strongly associated with music, and if i hear a certain song, something associated with it, will be recalled.

Dreams are highly abstract, like they do not take place in this universe because it disobeys laws of physics and the laws of the known. They use mostly neverseen concepts, i could never possibly come up with. I've used some drugs, but nothing comes close to the experience of dreaming, and even those dreams are deja vus. In fact, most deja vus are from dreams.

Quite realistic.

I think I use all of them, visual may be predominant, but I don't have difficulty imagining tastes smells sounds touch

Do multiple thoughts play out at once or are you more singular focus
hmm... I guess it depends, sometimes I'm pretty focused, but often my thoughts will bounce around

When conversing with somebody - what thoughts crosses your mind- do you have any thoughts at all
usually I'm intending to pay attention, but my thoughts often bounce off from something someone mentioned or drift off to something else going on in my life like planning for something later or a story idea I recently got or wondering how someone else is doing - it can be anything really.

If you speak more than one languages- which language do you verbalize in your mind
I don't speak more than one language, however my internal voice tends towards a british accent, whereas speaking I guess I have a california accent?

I don't really consider myself an overly imaginative person, but it varies, I go through phases where it it suppressed cause I'm too anxious about the things I should be accomplishing to secure my future. My imagination is clearly not primarily visual, it's mostly verbal. I dream very rarely and when I do, it's revolving around ethical stuff, like I frequently have this dream where my asperger sister offends someone's feelings and I yell at her or call her a bitch. I dream after I've read a very good imaginative book, otherwise no or I don't remember.
When I daydream, which is very very frequent, it's the same, an unending stream of dialogue where I explain something to someone, I was surrounded with Ni users this last year so I'm frustrated when it comes to thinking aloud and explaining things aloud, cause they brainstorm in silence. I also imagine the reaction of the other person. Sometimes I imagine big dramatic fights and doorslams enacted by myself which I never get to accomplish. It's still a bit visual, cause I have an idea of the setting, most of the time, it's a house of a bar excavated from my memories, my interlocutors and I are sitting or standing up, I know where the doors are, there are the silhouettes of other persons, etc. But apart from a few textures here and there, it's pretty dim.
I'm sort of hardened against romanticism but I also indulge into romantic daydreaming, it frequently revolves around me accomplishing me a great unexpected heroic feat or suffering a martyrdom in silence, which catches my romantic interest's attention and makes him esteem me, hehe.
I was having those romantic fantasies a lot as a child/young teen and they were really unrealistic. At 12, it's like my down-to-earth nature just popped out of nowhere, and I could no longer imagine unrealistic fantasies for myself. I guess I was an enneagram 4 from early on and the 5 wing appeared then or something.

More verbal/audio, the visual component becomes more activated when I'm writing, then I see a lot if images. But if I'm not actively engaged in the process of creating, the visuals are pretty dim. When I'm creating, I visualize easily the characters, color of their hair, their gait, silhouette and "energy", also the temperature, the lighting, the color of the sky. The visualizations are a lot about how much light/darkness, which shade of colors (I'm a grey-pastel-dusk palette person) and the passions and emotions on the characters' faces.
I have a bit of synesthesia, I hear sound in color, people's voices are palettes too.

Do multiple thoughts play out at once or are you more singular focus ?
I'd say rather singular, sometimes my inner world narrows down to a single problem that I play over obsessively in my mind. But it really depends when I've had an interesting conversation with someone, I become very restless because of all the ideas I now want to toy with and that I want to talk about aloud and there's 2-3 train of thoughts at the same time then. So it drastically depends on the number of stimuli and thoughts I've been exposed to in a day. I think compared to an ENFP, my "Ne" needs a little push from the outside. If I'm too isolated, it's just self-awareness, not really a generator of ideas.
My thoughts and feelings are also constantly intertwined, it's a constant come and go, an emotion triggers a thought which triggers an emotion back, etc.
My mind is always singing some random song silently but it shifts carelessly from one song to the other, very AHDH like.

If the conversation is deep and the person really accepts to expose their inner world to me or confide me their troubles, I can become so attentive I lose track of time. In which case my thoughts are along the line of :
  • thinking of a good advice I could give them.
  • thinking : is it my time to speak, if I give an advice now, it is too soon, too intrusive, etc. Wouldn't it be better if I waited for the person to find this alone, which will happen if she keeps on talking, etc. I have a lot of self-awareness thoughts monitoring how engaged I am, how much feedback I give, how much emotional pressure I apply on the other person.
Sometimes, people talk about think that make me think about my own experience, evoke a memory, another person who had said something similar, etc, some concept I had learned about, some random fact I had learned about. I let those thing play out cause I feel they enrich my listening of the other person and will allow me to give better advices and more interesting perspectives to them.
I have a lot of anxious thoughts about running late for life and destiny in general, or thoughts about what I "should" have done and didn't do.
When people do small talk, I zone out thinking about the fact that I don't like small talk, which lead to a line of thinking that I could at least try to fake it a bit, so I try to come back to the conversation, etc.
With some persons, I can have a lot of thoughts along the line of "I don't deserve their company" or comparing myself, which really disturb the interaction and I'm bad at warding them off. Enneagram 4 problem, hey.
Sometimes with a help of a bit of alcohol, I just relax and I stop thinking, instead I go with the mood of others, just mirror other's people feelings, laugh when they laugh, etc.
On the whole, I have a lot of evaluative thoughts revolving around gauging my relationships. How good is my relation with this person ? Is there signs that it could deteriorate ? Get better ? Also how good I am / Am I the person I should be ? This is very clear when I observe it how much of a feeler-judger first I am, lol. I make 100 judgments a minute in my own head.

since internet is written in english, I've begun to think in english a lot. All the more so since I spend so much time in PerC. It's also a trick my mind plays to allow me to indulge into fruitless or self-indulgent thoughts, because if I entertained them in my native langage, I'd probably judge myself.

I think my imagination is pretty vivid, but it is probably more verbal or audio-oriented. I'm not a very visual person; most of my interests, like foreign languages or musical instruments, are verbal/audio-oriented. I think my thought processes reflect my interests (or vice versa).

I think sound is the only sense I really use when thinking about something (other than hazy visuals). I always think very laterally, so multiple thoughts play out in my mind; this makes me good at seeing things from multiple angles, but I also tend to overthink.

When conversing with people, I have a bad habit of thinking what I'm going to say; I call this a bad habit, because I should be listening to them first and foremost.

As for languages; that is an interesting question. Running through my mind is a mixture of English and Japanese, some Korean, and some Chinese (I did say I like foreign languages).

Very. I've been a lucid dreamer since I was a child, so I can play with imagery quite well.

What senses can you feel or use when thinking about something ?

Visual and audio mostly. Smell invokes memory at times.

Depends on what I'm thinking about.

I don't know I've never analyzed it in the moment.

It's a mix of English and visuals.

My mind is like the World Wide Web. It stores things in links, pics, and stimuli. I can recall stuff by multiple angles.

Discussion starter · #130 ·
@Joe Black when you have the time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How vivid is your imagination?
Too vivid. Very visual. (Designer thing?)
I underestimate other's ability to do so, and think, this would be a lot easier if...

Visual/And-Physical-being-touch? Kinesthetic? Feelings? I think I remember non typical sensory feelings a lot. Like "Butterflies in the stomach", "goosebumps", "hot headedness", "tightness in chest"

Depends on what I'm thinking about.
The multiple thoughts phenomenon is interesting. Because I know working memory is very limited, and multitasking is via automation (practicing so much you don’t need to think about it kind of thing.
But I know that our knowledge is formed as schema’s or schematic structures - but yes, when engaging in something really interesting, lots of thoughts and knowledge activates and I make a lot of connections etc... Like just now sort of 😂😋
- Focusing on one thing can prove a challenge sometimes.
I feel like my Ne has been exercised a lot for an INFJ. Hence my creative occupation.

• It’a almost a joke now how INFJs can pay attention more to a person's body language and communication rather than the message itself. (guilty) - Particularly if its very sensing info. Or something I haven't gotten up to speed.
  • But if I'm engaged, and know a lot about what's being said, then I'll have a 100 things to say, formulating arguments, ideas, recalling what I know to add to the convo. I get almost too excited and dan't shut up.
  • BUT if I'm less familiar, feeling less comfortable, and convo is very S and awkward. I can be very quiet and introverted. And then I keep thinking "What can I say? How's this person feeling? Awkward! I don't want to seem unfriendly, but I have no idea what to say next! I want to leave this convo, but don't want them feeling stranded or abandoned... but people do that to me all the time... I'm over thinking this... my thoughts are more interesting than this conversation."
  • And if someone has royally pissed me off, it's just rage without words, whilst keeping a trying to keep a calm composure.
  • Kind of hate how I care about how others are feeling too much sometimes.
  • In disagreements, or conflict, I would also think about how or why the other person is thinking and argue on their behalf to myself. I try to not be unfair to them (to my detriment a lot of the time)

Just English with a side of sarcasm & humour.

How vivid is your imagination? Very.
what senses can you feel or use when thinking about something? All.
Is it more visual /verbal/audio? All of them, but the sight is most pronounced.
Do multiple thoughts play out at once or are you a more singular focus? I have all the thoughts at once.
When conversing with somebody - what thoughts crosses your mind- do you have any thoughts at all? Depends on the person.
If you speak more than one language- which language do you verbalize in your mind? Both of them-Hebrew and English. I'm used to both. There are certain times in which there are words but no language. It doesn't make sense to me either.

@Llyralen told me I should give this a shot, so here gooooes.

I would say it's pretty vivid. I don't know what you want me to describe here.
I usually imagine sight, and it plays as a movie.
Visual.
Hmmm...singular.
When conversing with somebody - what thoughts crosses your mind- do you have any thoughts at all?
This depends on the scenario. I need more context. If you mean in general...I have a natural tendency to take control of a situation and guide people. Even in projects that aren't mine, I tend to guide people to their destination in it. For example, I'm on multiple research teams as a volunteer...and I guide both the Professors and students on it with little to no experience and I'm able to do this confidently.

If I'm with a close friend (ExTJ) or my sister (ENFP), my Ne actually flourishes and I'm able to let my guard down a bit. We make vulgar, crass jokes of course and share memes.

Around men I'm a bit more on my guard as a gay male. I can never seem to fully let that down as even in 2021 I still get homophobia. I glare back, I don't let people boss me around unless if they actually are my boss/are smarter than me/ have something I can learn from.

Not sure what else to add here.

If we discuss my day-to-day life, I'm always thinking about what I need to get down and how to do it. For instance, I typically exercise, go to the gym, and study. On Friday's I volunteer at a clinic and still get work done there, or if I travel I still get work done. I'm very ambitious!

I only speak English. I learned Spanish but forgot it...I wasn't to into it sadly.

pretty vivid, but I can't visualize certain colors like purple, orange or turquoise. maybe I can see those colors if Im not focusing on them but as soon as I think about visualizing those colors specifically they fade to another color that is similar (like red or yellow for orange).

all the senses, its just kinda muted but it can seem pretty realistic.

It's more visual but audio and verbal is still pretty vivid for me.

wait, this is possible? I tend to go on tangents with my thoughts and jump around but its always a single thread of thought. I do this when talking to, I'm quite distractable.

what I perceive they are feeling, how what they are saying makes me feel, what I want to say next. I can get distracted by my thoughts sometimes and I feel bad if I did quite catch something they said cause I'm thinking about something else they said or got distracted by an unrelated thought.

I only speak english so I only think in english.

Visual but things are most often symbolized. While I can recall all the senses, it's not the same as experiencing the senses. It's muffled and often what underlies everything. I may have synesthesia to some extent. What's weird is that I can recall emotions but when they're actually experienced, I feel them more in my body than my mind.

The top layer of consciousness is calm where the main train of thought resonates clearly but there are more layers below that calmness, that add nuance.

My thoughts aren't in any language unless I consciously try to formulate them into words to speak, type or to gather messy thoughts. But when they're in a language, it's primarily English interspersed with other languages when they provide for better conceptual understanding. I'm multilingual.

If you speak more than one languages- which language do you verbalize in your mind.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
1. How vivid are your imagination?
-I have to see a picture to draw something so my visual imagination isn't so great. But I have a wild fantasy life and I go off into daydreams that are quite vivid in my thoughts.

2. what senses can you feel or use when thinking about something ?
-I use touch, smell, and taste in my imagination. But I think this is related to my dosha as a kapha. Kaphas are dominated by smell, taste and touch. Pittas are dominated by sight and Vatas are dominated by what they hear.

3. Is it more visual /verbal/audio ?
-Neither, its more kinesthetic.

4. Do multiple thoughts play out at once or are you more singular focus
-singular focus and probably because I am an introvert.

5. When conversing with somebody - what thoughts crosses your mind- do you have any thoughts at all
-I have many thoughts while conversing with people and it makes it hard to concentrate on what they are saying. I want to slow down the conversation and reply more but I am not quick enough.

6. If you speak more than one languages- which language do you verbalize in your mind
-I only speak English so this doesn't apply.

How vivid is your imagination?
I would say pretty vivid, it isn't imagination such as me creating a new world with dragons and elves and fairies etc, more like I imagine certain situations I might be just about to go into. I will rehearse a phone call that I am just about to make multiple times in my head if it is something novel, if I work in a call center however I have already practiced the particular call a million times and no longer need to practice it as I am already super comfortable with it, calling someone to ask them out on a date however, that shit is rehearsed about a million times covering almost all possibilities and then when I actually do it, it almost never works out in any of the ways I imagined.
I think this is one of the reasons why as a kid I was especially bad at talking in front of the classroom. I had already imagined the kids all laughing at me because my work wasn't good enough, what if I stuttered or stumbled my words, could people understand me etc.

However it really helps me with empathizing with people because when they are telling me about a situation they are in I can TOTALLY imagine what it would be like, because I have the million other practiced scenarios and conversations and phone calls that I have already had in my head and analyzed and I can have a potential solution ready to go, or multiple solutions.

Ask me to use my imagination to create a painting, or a picture, or a work of art however and I will just look at you blankly and say that I literally can't think of anything. I am not creative in that manner, I am a creative problem solver though.

I can use all my senses. If it is something that has happened to me in the past I can remember the smells, I can remember how it made me feel and how I feel about it now (they are almost always different), I can see the memory too and I can almost "see" around corners using information about the situation I have learned since it happened. (If I remember having a conversation with someone and I have since learned that in another room someone else was also having another conversation I can almost "walk" between the rooms and be in both conversations, this is a mixing of my imagination and memories)

I would say more singular, but sometimes they happen so quick you could mistake them for being multiple at once. Kind of like when you remember something, and then your like oh thats right, this also happened around the same time, and thats right so and so were there too, do you remember when they cooked that thing? what about when we were all watching that movie and they said "blah blah", do you remember when you were sitting on the computer and you were doing xyz... To me they are all linked but people assume that I am all over the place and these ideas are all coming at once. But to me it is like opening a book and seeing the words, they don't all come at once but right after each other.

This really depends, if it is some generic conversation where I already know what they are talking about, I am already day dreaming while smiling and nodding and paying enough attention that I can then talk back to them when they stop talking.
If it is something or someone that I have an actual interest in then I am thinking about that thing or that person, imagining situations that the thing or the person might be in, or I would like to see them in, if it is an intense theoretical conversation (which I also love) then I am thinking of a situation that I can turn into an analogy that I can use to get my point across.

Just the one, English with a massive dose of sarcasm and dark humour.

121 - 140 of 146 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.