Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
15,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How vivid are your imagination?
what senses can you feel or use when thinking about something ?
Is it more visual /verbal/audio ?
Do multiple thoughts play out at once or are you more singular focus
When conversing with somebody - what thoughts crosses your mind- do you have any thoughts at all
If you speak more than one languages- which language do you verbalize in your mind

I guess I'll start- my thoughts are mainly verbal with specks of visualization - however when indulging in my imagination I can close my eyes and visualize /feel and somewhat smell where I'm at - I can even recall tastes but only up to 33 percent of reality .
My mind talks nonstop- and I have 3 or 4( maybe more) thoughts running all at once
For example- one part of my mind will be making a movie , another recalling a conversation with somebody but it's faded out , and then the main part would narrate or introspect itself.
My thoughts are always in English - when conversing in Vietnamese with my mom and relatives ( I can speak, read and write fluently in Vietnamese )
When conversing with somebody - my main focus will be talking to them - however my mind does jump around in visual thoughts and other false fantasize memories all at once . I tend to recall and remember what the other person is saying - however I find myself quite talkative- yet when the conversation is over I could only remember what the other party said .
When writing- my mind goes blank and I just write , sometimes it feels as if my writing junp out before my thoughts - same with reading and watching a movie I enjoy, it's as if my mind took a break for a while- however if I'm not fully captivated then random thoughts would occur.
My mind doesn't stop and I can easily introspect myself and make pro cons list in my mind- yet have soft melody of music ( only 25 % effective I can't actually hear the music out loud ) in the back ground . I replay conversations nonstop , and it's easy for me to drift off into daydreaming- more so if I'm listening to music .when certain emotions hits me- flash back of visual memory would occur- for example- I kept on seeing me as a four years old asking my dad who gave him his Picasso painting and he will say " you did" and for that brief moment I'll feel like I travel back in time

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
How vivid is your imagination?
Very vivid, especially for someone my age.
what senses can you feel or use when thinking about something?
Mainly visual cues.
Is it more visual /verbal/ audio?
Mainly visual and verbal.
Multiple, depending on the situation.
When conversing with somebody - what thoughts crosses your mind- do you have any thoughts at all
If you speak more than one languages- which language do you verbalize in your mind
I would prefer not to say.

·
Spam-I-am
13,657 Posts
How vivid are your imagination

extremely vivid
on a scale of 1-10, 10+

only thought, I try to imagine every possible scenario

it varies, on average it's audio
if deep in philosophical thought mode it's visible, images

yes, I can think about several things at once
my subconscious is capable of all thought's while translating every single iota my demented, warped perverted muon sized brain perceives

my brain never shuts down
I can talk to several humanoids and still be thinking several thoughts at the same time

·
Registered
129 Posts
Feeling, emotion almost like a differetn kind fo verbal laungage is inside me, I can have very vivid imagination of dreams i would say on a 1 to 10 prob 7, intuition is just insane, I researched many fields cause i wanted to try to fix it all, i have ideas and theories but currently taking a beating to my health, and apprenlty if you fightin gfor the benfit of humanity they will hate you. Relating htoguths will come into mind about a subject or some itneresting point, a wide view of angles.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It more often than not needs a starting point to do anything, so I would say a 6 out of 10.
What senses can you feel or use when thinking about something?
More focused I am in thinking more I became consciously unaware of my senses. If we want to consider the inner voice as hearing maybe we can say that I use it.
Mainly verbal. Any sort of image comes after the verbal stuff, as a double check.
It depends on the level of focus: from one, sharp and very focused to many that are a little bit more than background noise.
Any kind of stuff somewhat related to the conversation if interested, any kind of stuff unrelated to the conversation if not.
If you speak more than one languages- which language do you verbalize in your mind.
Even if my native language is Italian, my thoughts are usually in English: it's way easier to manage.

Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Registered
15,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for replying @vinniebob @Cal @Fox hidden in the woods @Dottoromar

Do you hear your own voice in your mind ?
Can you hear and imagine different voices
If I were to ask you to imagine spring or a waterfall - what image or scent would appear or none at all

Reactions: Cal

·
Registered
129 Posts

If I were to ask you to imagine spring or a waterfall - what image or scent would appear or none at all

I can hear different kinds but only in my mind so not really hering but i gues that would be sensing, there is an awarenes of a different tone or energy apart from my usual self. I ' ll think of the colors the waterfall might be, white crashing particles rushing off it, i can imagine the scent if i think about it but i would ahe to brin git up to reason or think about it. the water flowing, the sounds what it would be like, since i ahe a high snesitivity to sound its apain e ven ligh on the senses.

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Spam-I-am
13,657 Posts

yes
I can also hear the voice of a musician, actor, friend, etc when thinking about them

yes, see above reply

I could picture the image in my mind
other than visual no, I cannot smell only visual
don't get me wrong I smell, I smell plenty:shocked:
Sent from my over active demented perverse warped muon sized mind using E.S.P.

·
Registered
15,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can hear different kinds but only in my mind so not really hering but i gues that would be sensing, there is an awarenes of a different tone or energy apart from my usual self. I ' ll think of the colors the waterfall might be, white crashing particles rushing off it, i can imagine the scent if i think about it but i would ahe to brin git up to reason or think about it. the water flowing, the sounds what it would be like, since i ahe a high snesitivity to sound its apain e ven ligh on the senses.
That's beautiful how you described it. I too can grab and imagine sense or hear sounds.
I mentioned this in another thread, but the sound of my voice in my mind is much different than my recorded voice- which sounded quite foreign to me .

·
Registered
ISTP
1,215 Posts
That's beautiful how you described it. I too can grab and imagine sense or hear sounds.
I mentioned this in another thread, but the sound of my voice in my mind is much different than my recorded voice- which sounded quite foreign to me .
Not saying that's the cause, but in general your voice, when recorded, sounds different than when you hear yourself speaking. The reason is that you hear your voice (also) from the inside -- through your head, it acts as a resonating body. Whereas the recording is how your voice (more or less) is heard by an observer. You get used to that, eventually.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I consider my imagination as very vivid. I just can't stop imagining anything, mostly the world of my dreams. When I, or someone else, drop ideas I like my mind is buzzing with plans to realize them.

What senses can you feel or use when thinking about something ?
Not that easy to say....sadly. Sometimes nothing, sometimes everything

Like 70% Visual and the rest shared verbal / audio

Do multiple thoughts play out at once or are you more singular focus.
Multiple, but on the same topic.

When conversing with somebody - what thoughts crosses your mind- do you have any thoughts at all.
Communicating is not that easy for me cause I tend to take every word serious and when talking to unknown people I always look for certain hints to type that person.

German is my mother language and my english, compared to others, might be far better than german average, but also far away from perfect. I occasionally find myself lost thinking in English sometimes.

·
Registered
15,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When i listen to music ic an craeet very fast response imagary to the songs and feelings. It kinda flows
Yeah I tend to enter an imaginary world Every time I close my eyes and listened to music

·
Banned
1,430 Posts
I think almost exclusively in words, and not senses. I can visualise memories or scenes in my mind with some effort, same goes for replaying sounds I've already heard. But I would not be able to think the way I do without a capacity for language.

As to how I think these words, while I think, they form coherent sentences strung together by a grammatical syntax. It's basically long monologues that sometimes go in a particular direction, and sometimes shift from tangent to tangent. Tangents just occur naturally as I hit upon an implication in my thoughts which calls for expansion. Allegories and comparisons are easy to formulate for that reason.

My words don't have a sound or inner voice to them. Instead, it's just a sense of knowing I'm thinking in words.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
I think like a Demetri Martin sketch. Mostly thoughts that move endlessly from one to another with a few still images popping up intermittently.
To an S it would seem entirely random and nonsensical but to me ( mayeb not even other N's) they are connected in a very obvious way.

I think that if there were anymore images, i would not see them because my mind never stops moving. My old thoughts just a blur as i pass them by as if on a bullet train.
Not to say that I am SO quick witted more..eccentric than anything.

This was a line of thought I had not long ago.

" I need to throw out that left over crab dip but I should do it just before the garbage goes out so it doesn't smell. Wonder why fish smells os bad anyway? I guess just be BEING in the ocean because it's ocean smell....do land-dwellers have land smell? I can't imagine what that'd be land doesn't smell. Fresh air? that seems a bit bias. To a fish that probably smells gross.I bet that to them we're just like seafood. They have to buy people meat the same day they want to cook it or it will go bad down there...it's true. Sea water does degrade matter much quicker. I wonder if instead of mold, old people meat would collect barnacles

·
Banned
199 Posts
- It's rather wild

- Sense of thinking

- Oh. Every senses. There's no special snowflake senses on me.

- Multiple. NE for a reason

- Yeah.more on critical thoughts

- Three language ;)) it happens. Yea

·
Registered
636 Posts
Very.

Any of them. Usually not taste tho but everything else is free game.

All of the above. Everything happens together.

Do multiple thoughts play out at once or are you more singular focus?
Multiple thoughts that get narrowed down. I dont think i ever quite get to singular focus tho. There's usually a handful im playing with at any given moment but i might give more attention to the one i think is best.

When conversing with somebody - what thoughts crosses your mind- do you have any thoughts at all ?
Depends on whats being talked about or what's going on in the environment. My thoughts are not really routine so its different each time.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts