Personality Cafe banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
@Retsu @Pinina @Coburn @Wisteria @Librarian if you have the time ... I'm really curious about your thought processes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sure.

How vivid are your imagination?
Like I'm reliving it if the memory is recent. Otherwise it's high quality video.

what senses can you feel or use when thinking about something ?
All of them - I recall smells pretty well to my surprise.

Is it more visual /verbal/audio ?
Mainly visual and audio.

Do multiple thoughts play out at once or are you more singular focus
Fast chain of thoughts when I'm not on meds. Random interrupts like I wonder if spiders have feelings or something equally stupid, so I have to Google it to get thoughts out of my mind until I can sleep. Otherwise my mind races too much, unless I listen to a podcast to sleep to bring it all back.

When conversing with somebody - what thoughts crosses your mind- do you have any thoughts at all
I try not to, but thoughts do intrude. Mainly thoughts I don't want like I wonder what they'd be like as a romantic partner or whatever, even though I've never been happier in my relationship.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
@ai.tran.75 That's a great way to describe the "abstract" memory or visualization. It's what I was trying to think of. I also get like a second or two of a more complete picture--- not the whole picture though, and then sometimes I'll get some detail but not anything else, everything else will be lines and some colors. Like if I'm thinking about this new avatar of mine. I get the red color (the raspberry color! lol ) and I get an outline of her face in a flash and often I get a highlight of light to give the impression of the sunshine if there is some. Going back to the raspberry. I can picture the raspberry for a few seconds and then my mind "holds" the idea of the color, the dust on it (that's the detail I envisioned actually from @Northern Lights description), the sunshine by way of light highlights, the green behind. I can keep getting flashes of the entire raspberry when I tell my mind to keep returning, but my mind doesn't want to "hold' it for more than a few seconds. Hmm... is it like that for you, kind of?
Wow that's weird to me. :eek: I just see the raspberry in one with all its details.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Wow that's weird to me. :eek: I just see the raspberry in one with all its details.
These comparisons are so interesting, aren't they? You should read the NF thread "How do you think?" , but I think what @ai.tran.75 found out was that Ne and Ni think very differently. ENTPs and ENFPs (and also INFPs, INTPs) reported having multiple layers of thought going on at once. Ni we are all still trying to figure out (including Ni doms who have a hard time describing it except to say it seems to almost work like symbols-- I would guess like trying to understand something all at once. The dream comparison between the 4 threads was really interesting too.
But yes, even if I tell myself to "take a picture" and I try to memorize the way something looks, my brain will make it into basically an abstract painting. I can focus on a few details or even move to a different few details and the rest blurs into impressions.
Ai could remember tastes better than me.
Ne Fi's do often hear music almost like it's the radio, though, from memory. And I do hear music pretty much constantly as one of the tracks or layers of thought going on in my mind.
Ai summarized her findings somewhere..... Ai?

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
These comparisons are so interesting, aren't they? You should read the NF thread "How do you think?" , but I think what @ai.tran.75 found out was that Ne and Ni think very differently. ENTPs and ENFPs (and also INFPs, INTPs) reported having multiple layers of thought going on at once. Ni we are all still trying to figure out (including Ni doms who have a hard time describing it except to say it seems to almost work like symbols-- I would guess like trying to understand something all at once. The dream comparison between the 4 threads was really interesting too.
But yes, even if I tell myself to "take a picture" and I try to memorize the way something looks, my brain will make it into basically an abstract painting. I can focus on a few details or even move to a different few details and the rest blurs into impressions.
Ai could remember tastes better than me.
Ne Fi's do often hear music almost like it's the radio, though, from memory. And I do hear music pretty much constantly as one of the tracks or layers of thought going on in my mind.
Ai summarized her findings somewhere..... Ai?
Great explanation there - yes strong Ne ( inxp included) have multiple train of thoughts running at once and its quite norm to us- Fi-ne/ne-fi this one you found out - have music playing in their mind( music is always playing in my mind along with conversation abstract thoughts etc )
I also discovered that Ne thoughts are more verbal /conversational where as Se is more visual /sensory

Now Si dom/aux is my favorite to read about- their thinking is super detail oriented yet organized - i believe istj brain wires like a computer hard drive- they collect all their thoughts- categorize it into section and they're mainly singular focus- multiple thoughts usually indicate sign of corruption
They have strong memories of the past and their train of thoughts can lead them to traveling back in time ( it feels very real to them ) i notice infp( the ones with stronger Si) also mention this ability

Se are more visual within thoughts( however if the Ti /fi is strong then they do think verbally) just the moment multiple thoughts occur is when they get anxious or anxiety. They recollect visual image quite accurately along with recalling all their senses

Ni is hard catergorize because their thoughts are more symbol related and some have multiple thoughts and are not bothered by it - whereas others are singular focus. It was easier to catergorize them in dreams( thats a different thread)

Fe dom - like Ne also have multiple train of thoughts just its not all conversational ( that would distract them ) - its a mixture of visual daily thoughts and conversations with friends and channelling emotions ( multiple at once)

Course these are all categorization but its what im able to collect so far

Im guessing Ne user - use more of the Broca area when thinking

I think Se user use more of their temporal lobe (the hippocampus)

- Si user seems more active in the amygdala

Im still researching :)

How have you been? New question - how do you recall emotions

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
@ai.tran.75 @Alesha

Ohh interesting stuff!!

I can add some comments as datapoints for all this research of yours :)

This thing about multiple thoughts indicating sign of corruption. Hahaha, yeah, something like that. :laughing:

I do tend to see my brain as working like a computer, heh.

I don't always recall memories of the past but I know that when, as a kid, I decided on maintaining my autobiographical memory, it was because I was shocked at how I could recall a certain memory from age 4 or so (at age 8), as if it happened the day before. :laughing:

Otherwise they don't tend to be very vivid, just as I experienced them originally, which is mostly clinical. Vividness would require more emotion added, I think.

All in all, I'm not very visual or verbal in my mind.

Fe dom - like Ne also have multiple train of thoughts just its not all conversational ( that would distract them ) - its a mixture of visual daily thoughts and conversations with friends and channelling emotions ( multiple at once)
What do you mean by channelling emotions if I can ask?

Im guessing Ne user - use more of the Broca area when thinking

I think Se user use more of their temporal lobe (the hippocampus)

- Si user seems more active in the amygdala
I think I'm hippocampus based with my navigation skills. I see my environment in a very spatial way, and the hippocampus is what's responsible for that. And my memories also have that spatial organization except sometimes when it comes to recalling some people interactions.

How have you been? New question - how do you recall emotions
I don't usually get to feel them when I recall them. I just recall how I sensed them. I actually can tune into my memories hard and then I can pull out the emotions (or feelings) that I did not consciously focus on when the experience the memory is about was originally occurring. And then I can really tune into how the sensation looks like. This isn't visual, and it isn't directly about body locations. It's more like a holistic sensation of the emotion. And it has lots of details at the same time just like when I look at the raspberry I guess, except it's a bit more vague, because it's not an actual object in front of me. However, I see all the details enough so that I can compare two emotions or feelings and see if they are the exact same or not. I detect how similar they are, to what degree they are similar. I can break down things (objects, situations) that way in general... Comparing the details and deciding on what the important similarities are and categorize them.

Does this make sense? Guess I was just describing Si as it operates on sensing emotions? : p

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
How vivid are your imagination?
Visually, it's a full image but a little fuzzy/grainy unless I'm specifically focusing on a certain detail. It's hard for me to imagine things I haven't seen before. I can't visualize a lot of crisp details at once. Some of them will get fuzzy.

what senses can you feel or use when thinking about something ?
Is it more visual /verbal/audio ?
I can use any, but it's usually just visual and auditory unless I am thinking specifically about how something feels/tastes/smells.

Do multiple thoughts play out at once or are you more singular focus
It depends. I hyperfocus sometimes, and other times my mind is racing so fast that I think over my own thoughts. For the most part, on an average day at an average time, I think completely linear thoughts, as if I were having a conversation with myself out loud.

When conversing with somebody - what thoughts crosses your mind- do you have any thoughts at all
Yes, I'm always talking to myself in the background while talking to them. For example, while someone is telling me a story, I might be thinking to myself while listening to them, "Oh god, this is so boring, I can't believe I'm stuck here listening to this" or "Omg this reminds me of something I've done, I have to tell them about it after they're done telling me their story!"

41 - 47 of 47 Posts