Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you mean to them in return? Do you act nice around them? How do you deal with them if you have to be around them?

What if that person did something as bad as rape you? If that person was starving and you had the means to feed them with no hardship on you, would you save the life of this person?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Are you mean to them in return? Do you act nice around them? How do you deal with them if you have to be around them?

What if that person did something as bad as rape you? If that person was starving and you had the means to feed them with no hardship on you, would you save the life of this person?
Yes, I'd save them. I can't help it. That's just the type of person I am.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I treat them with indifference. You could say that I am nonchalant around such people.

That depends on how I am feeling. If I was feeling nice I'd just let them die. If I was feeling hateful I'd save them and then kill them myself.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
I ignore them. The only situation I can imagine where I'd be forced to be around someone is if we were prison cellmates or something. In which case, I'd do something to get put in solitary. Or, ya know, have them killed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would say yes I would save them....

·
Registered
571 Posts
How do you treat people you don’t care for?
I try to treat them as politely and kindly as possible. Ideally I would like to give proper respect to everyone I encounter, regardless of his/her treatment of me or how I feel about him/her as a person. Sadly, experience proves that to be quite difficult.

If this person raped me, I would keep my distance and not talk to them. Of course, I've never been raped, so I don't think I can know how I would react to such a disgusting act; rape is too emotionally devastating for anyone to know how he or she would feel without actually experiencing it.

If said person was starving, I would give him/her food. Who am I to decide when a person should live or die, especially when I don't have the slightest clue what this person will continue to do with the life he/she has? It's not my decision at all.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I pretend like they don't exist. I make it obvious that they are invisible to me. Unless they do something to ignite the fire within. Then the ESTJ comes out of me and in a thick German accent, "I SQUISH YOU!!!!!!!!! LIKE BUG!!!" But in my own special way of saying it, leaving them contemplating their future safety of hanging around.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ignore and avoid in the case of someone just being annoying. If interaction is mandatory than I am civil and polite in a distant sort of way. As for the latter part of your question, I would have believe I would help them by pressing charges and sending them to prision. You do get food in prision....but if say, it was at a point where they were released and rehabilitated or something? I really don't know. That's a really thought provoking quesiton....

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I usually treat them fairly.

Yes, I will feed them and save their life. I believe in justice. I believe in God. God will punish them, not me. If they did something bad to me, then I will demand justice, but never will I ignore them as human beings. I don't treat a person based on my emotions toward them, I treat everyone based on justice and humanity.

Reactions: Blue Butterfly

·
Registered
4,300 Posts

I would definitely be mean in return, until I felt I had done/said enough and it was no longer worth my energy to be so. But you bet, it's even possible (likely ;) that I would cause physical harm to this person, or have someone I trusted do it for me. I might even kill them (I'm not kidding). My rationale would be, that I am ridding the world of this type of person and that their crime deserves death.
Especially, if it was a case like the one you described Blue Butterfly -- I would have no qualms about killing them.

I know you are a more gentle person than I, so I'm not saying to kill him!! I'm just saying what I believe would run through my mind.

And it's not just now, I once wrote a novel about a woman whose daughter was raped and she became a vigilante, forming this group of killers that hunted people like that. I was 19 at the time, I suppose some things never change in terms of what is right and what is wrong.

What I would actually do (because of laws and is it worth it to spend the rest of my life in prison because of this jagoff) is ... I don't know. But being nice and congenial to him is definitely NOT one of the options. I'd let the bastard choke.

Do you have to be around this person BB? Why????

Onto other things besides rape: it would depend on what they did, how much time had passed and honestly, my mood:tongue:

·
Registered
560 Posts
I just ignore them.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I avoid those people at all cost, but if I couldn't I would ignore them and let them suffer to their face. Unless they do something to redeem themselves. Even INFJ's can draw a line in the sand and smile a little smile when when an evil person croaks over.

·
Registered
889 Posts

1) This is entirely dependent on their actions. Typically, and like most everyone else, I ignore that person as if (s)he was fired from my life. I typically act professional, in a cold way, if I'm forced to be around people I dislike.

2)
a. If someone did something that bad to me, let's just say that I'm very close to a large desert and own a shovel.
b. No. I wouldn't even piss on this person to put out a fire...if you'll pardon the expression. Once you've hit this spot in my life, I literally don't care if you live or die.

Essentially, I can be the best friend or worst enemy you've ever had. That all depends on you and how well you treat me.

·
Registered
791 Posts

I have the enviable ability to compartmentalize and ignore them completely, all the while, plotting my revenge against them, to be affected at a time and place of my choosing. If I have to be around them, the energy I give off will serve as a warning that they shouldn't approach me. Can't explain how that happens, but Promethea could tell you about it, I'm sure.

If they had raped me, they would certainly die by my hand.

If they were starving... and per your question... no, I wouldn't feed them. This is very similar to the situation with my step-brother, but even if he was on fire, and I had to piss like a racehorse... I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

I'm not someone you want on your bad side, I guess. I've been told that I can either be someones best friend or their worst enemy they could ever imagine. I guess, maybe, because I have a delayed sense of gratification and the material and mental resources to accomplish anything I wish.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts