Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ni - Si - Fi - Fe - Te - Ti - Ne - Se
this is generally the order preference for my functions......
but :/
on average I use Ni more than Si but really Si is almost equally developed

my Fe and Fi are almost equally developed, I tend to lean more towards Fe but, like I said above ^ it depends :/

Ti and my Te are very closely developed I use either one at different times, but almost equally as much,
and then my Ne and Se are pretty much both equally low

when I take those tests, they tend to type me as INFj, the articles I've read about INFjs tend to match me quite well, however there tends to be something from all the descriptions of every type that seems to fit me

I've been testing as INFj since I was about 16, I would test that way before I knew anything about Functions :/

here's the deal

what does it mean when

Ni & Si are almost equal
Fi & Fe are almost equal
Ti & Te are almost equal and
Ne & Se are almost equal

Look at my siggy for some round about numbers that sort of represent this, granted those numbers were from a test, and they tend to vary a little bit every time I take the test, .....however it is just about like it is in my siggy almost every time

I don't want people to think I'm mistyping myself, so tell me what you think I should be and why?

I really appreciate any help or input :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
what does it mean when

Ni & Si are almost equal
Fi & Fe are almost equal
Ne & Se are almost equal
You've brought balance to the force, padawan. Well done!

On a more serious note, I suppose you are an INFJ with strong INTJ tendencies, if I recall the function orders correctly.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you....I think
but then how do you type yourself, when they're like that?

or do I really just not fit a type, shouldn't everyone fit one :/, I don't really think it's a good thing, I feel like an alien.
can't relate to anyone all the time

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On a more serious note, I suppose you are an INFJ with strong INTJ tendencies, if I recall the function orders correctly.
That confuses me more because usually, tests tell me my runner ups are
INFp and ISFj?

I honestly didn't think much about INTj but that seems like a strong possibility :/ is it common for INTjs to have their function preferences equal like that?

·
Registered
637 Posts

my Fe and Fi are almost equally developed, I tend to lean more towards Fe but, like I said above ^ it depends :/

Ti and my Te are very closely developed I use either one at different times, but almost equally as much,

when I take those tests, they tend to type me as INFj, the articles I've read about INFjs tend to match me quite well, however there tends to be something from all the descriptions of every type that seems to fit me

I've been testing as INFj since I was about 16, I would test that way before I knew anything about Functions :/

here's the deal

what does it mean when

Ni & Si are almost equal
Fi & Fe are almost equal
Ne & Se are almost equal

Look at my siggy for some round about numbers that sort of represent this, granted those numbers were from a test, and they tend to vary a little bit every time I take the test, .....however it is just about like it is in my siggy almost every time

I don't want people to think I'm mistyping myself, so tell me what you think I should be and why?

I think you should ask yourself about how you use these functions in your life and not really rely on the test results too much. The tests are known to be inaccurate from time to time. Also, depending on your age, you may have developed your lower functions more than most of your particular type, which gives these tests a bit of a hard time in trying to determine what your actual strengths are.

Try giving this section a read and then try to see which set of functions you prefer to use. Think of some situations in your past where you have used the functions, or try to observe in your present which functions you are using during a given situation. Because of your strong introverted nature, I'm going to guess that looking at past events would be easier for you.

Check this thread: http://personalitycafe.com/articles...ests-guide-understanding-function-theory.html

Also, check out the various videos that DaveSuperPowers has, I really like the way that he explains various functions:
DaveSuperPowers - YouTube

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm not a certified expert, so take this with a grain of salt, but, here's my thoughts;

That confuses me more because usually, tests tell me my runner ups are
INFp and ISFj?
From my understanding of Jung's work, N is strong because it steps in and takes over for S, so the very fact that Ni is as strong or stronger than Si means to me that you will identify a lot more with INFJ than ISFJ

I honestly didn't think much about INTj but that seems like a strong possibility :/ is it common for INTjs to have their function preferences equal like that?
Hm, I see a lot of X's substitiuted in the T/F spot, which goes in line with the concept that people are capable of Feeling and Thinking, which I endorse wholeheartedly. I'm in the ENFP sub-forum often, because they are just as chaotic as ENTP's. Lots of fun! But I'm definitely more of a T, it's just nice to see Ne turned in the direction of F, which I'm not very proficient at.

I hope that nonsensical commentary is helpful. I'm not fully informed on the function orders either, so I might have it partly wrong, but I'm rather certain that Ni as Dominant is INXJ.

Reactions: Lightlilly

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
I think on that test Si is probably being mistaken for Ni. Because not only are Ni and Si competing processes, they are essentially ways of doing the same thing: subjective perception. So you're likely not doing both its just that test is probably erroneous saying that you are.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you should ask yourself about how you use these functions in your life and not really rely on the test results too much. The tests are known to be inaccurate from time to time. Also, depending on your age, you may have developed your lower functions more than most of your particular type, which gives these tests a bit of a hard time in trying to determine what your actual strengths are.

Try giving this section a read and then try to see which set of functions you prefer to use. Think of some situations in your past where you have used the functions, or try to observe in your present which functions you are using during a given situation. Because of your strong introverted nature, I'm going to guess that looking at past events would be easier for you.

Check this thread: http://personalitycafe.com/articles...ests-guide-understanding-function-theory.html

Also, check out the various videos that DaveSuperPowers has, I really like the way that he explains various functions:
DaveSuperPowers - YouTube
I understand not to rely to heavily on the tests, like I said, I use either functions at different times/ instances it depends,
the order I provided are, my accurate preferences.

I'm trying to figure how my preferences fit in to a certain "type", I'm not trying to figure out what my preferences are, I got that part :)

I am going to check that guide though...just because I enjoy reading about that stuff ^_^

·
Registered
386 Posts
but then how do you type yourself, when they're like that?

or do I really just not fit a type, shouldn't everyone fit one :/, I don't really think it's a good thing, I feel like an alien.
can't relate to anyone all the time
My input was only for the function orders you listed. You are the only one who will really now your own mind, so you will have to search for your dominant function, and @Sequestrum has some great advice and links.

My dominant function was easy to identify, but that's Ne for you, it's about as subtle as an alien invasion. Best of luck finding your solution!

Reactions: Sequestrum

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think on that test Si is probably being mistaken for Ni. Because not only are Ni and Si competing processes, they are essentially ways of doing the same thing: subjective perception. So you're likely not doing both its just that test is probably erroneous saying that you are.
hmmm that is possible I suppose, but I do use Si a lot :/

trying to think of an example to explain,
first I approach things with Si when that isn't enough I use Ni, and I have to do that often.....

I once read that
INFjs - influence others in to getting what they want
while
ISFjs -expect others to know what they want

(I do not believe in stereotyping people but in this example I will assume this is correct)

-in the situation that this might fit in to-
I would at first approach it like an ISFj but then, when people do not do what I want/know what I want.... and understanding that most people can not simply know/tell what I need/want with out me doing something.
I then approach it like an INFj and turn to influencing them

·
Registered
3,220 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
after reading some, on the Why function strength tests are [email protected](#@ - a guide to understanding function theory thread

I think that maybe I'm mistaking the beginnings of Ni at work for Si rather than switching between the two.. and that really it's just Ni because apparently both don't work together?
I don't know v.v

·
Registered
637 Posts
I understand not to rely to heavily on the tests, like I said, I use either functions at different times/ instances it depends,
the order I provided are, my accurate preferences.
I wasn't trying to say you were relying too heavily on it to a fault, just that, for some people, it can be accurate and for others it can be inaccurate. I was just stating this without any bias for or against you. More of just confirmation of your suspicion that something may be wrong.

I'm trying to figure how my preferences fit in to a certain "type", I'm not trying to figure out what my preferences are, I got that part :)

I am going to check that guide though...just because I enjoy reading about that stuff ^_^
Yeah, your idea of what your preferences are may change after reading these things though, that is the only reason I left it open ended. If you are certain that your preferences and functions are correct. Then I would say that, based on those results, you are still definitely an INFJ.

INFJ -- Ni > Fe > Ti > Se -- Ni+Se > Fe+Ti -- Experiencer-interpreters with external values and internal logic.
ISFJ -- Si > Fe > Ti > Ne -- Si+Ne > Fe+Ti -- Hypothesiser-axiomatics with external values and internal logic.

Ultimately, the answer lies within yourself.

·
Registered
637 Posts
My input was only for the function orders you listed. You are the only one who will really now your own mind, so you will have to search for your dominant function, and @Sequestrum has some great advice and links.

My dominant function was easy to identify, but that's Ne for you, it's about as subtle as an alien invasion. Best of luck finding your solution!
I know what you mean about Ne, ever since I really learned about it. It's so easy to see when myself and others are using Ne. You know, I think that some people think I have no rhyme or reason to how I am coming up with my information, but they just don't really understand my randomness has a strategy to it. Just darting through the possibilities crossing them off of the list one by one. hehe

·
Registered
637 Posts
after reading some, on the Why function strength tests are [email protected](#@ - a guide to understanding function theory thread

I think that maybe I'm mistaking the beginnings of Ni at work for Si rather than switching between the two.. and that really it's just Ni because apparently both don't work together?
I don't know v.v
It's okay to be confused, just keep searching yourself and keep reading. Most of all, keep your mind open to the possibilities that maybe something wasn't as it appeared. If you are doubting, you are learning!

·
Registered
4,124 Posts

here's the deal

what does it mean when

Ni & Si are almost equal
Fi & Fe are almost equal
Ne & Se are almost equal

I think the tests that produce these numbers are all flawed. I really doubt you are using these functions in that order because some are diametrically opposed, some have opposing attitudes. Often times functions behave similarly to the way other functions are described, creating confusion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts