Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I have retarded Fi. I don't mind, though. To be honest, I'd rather stomped on my Fi than using it.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Could you say any more about your Fi use though?

I feel that as an ISTJ, Fi is a huge part of my character. (Unless of course my yearning to be authentic and my desire to live by my moral/ethical standards come from elsewhere than Fi, and I am mistaken). Though as an ISTJ I would still have problems with being really perceptive about other people's emotions, for example, so maybe my Fi isn't fully developed.

Another question: How do you ESTJs use your Ne? (I don't know how to use mine. . . it's probably just used for evil. . . my inferior function).

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could you say any more about your Fi use though?

I feel that as an ISTJ, Fi is a huge part of my character. (Unless of course my yearning to be authentic and my desire to live by my moral/ethical standards come from elsewhere than Fi, and I am mistaken). Though as an ISTJ I would still have problems with being really perceptive about other people's emotions, for example, so maybe my Fi isn't fully developed.

Another question: How do you ESTJs use your Ne? (I don't know how to use mine. . . it's probably just used for evil. . . my inferior function).
Good question, I am curious as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't know. Is there a way to use this? I've always felt that as much as possible, I'd ignore it and use my reason.

But for the Ne, because mine is pretty developped, it's actually pretty easy to answer: Good imagination make me able to have good ideas for drawings, clothing, hairstyle, RPGs, play on words, witty jokes, writing stories. Unwillingly, my Ne (he's called Simon btw) uses me to have crazy wild dreams, not the type easy to analyzed "oh, this happened in my day, so that's why!" or the type everyone is supposed to have "I was chased by a serial killer", noooo, the type that makes you wake up saying WTF? And this being the first thing you say everyday upon waking up, outloud or not, can be annoying sometimes XD

·
Banned
211 Posts
I use my Fi a lot. Mostly in relationships and compromising. I also use my Fi on decision making right after Te. My Fi is developed and so is my Ne. I use my Ne to go in depth when it comes to having those intellectual types of conversations or let me expand on what I have to stay rather than staying on the surface. It also helps expand my vocabulary and see everything differently and expand on the 'obvious'

I could also catch up on patterns but it might take awhile by giving it a minute or two, especially if im in the mood, i'm able to catch on it faster.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I only learned to use my Fi when I get hurt due to my own hurting others. I've burned a few bridges in order to learn it, so I try to be more understanding. It totally comes out when I'm around children or animals. I'm still stern and fair, but they turn me into a teddy bear :D

My Ni, I think since my parents raised me to do whatever makes me happy, is pretty developed. I'm very creative when the mood strikes and I can draw and come up with amazing home decorations. I have vision, but I think I just get that from my mother.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Unless you are attacking our moral character or something that we have accomplished, we don't tend to take things personally. We find it disrespectful when people waste our time, but I don' tthink that's considered hurting our feelings. I guess the closest to Fi I get is when I'm passionate about a topic I'm arguing over, but that's just for the sense of accomplishment. Do my accomplishments effect my Fi? I suppose in a way, I mean, I'm proud of myself, but if I don't achieve something, I'll just work harder next time. I don't think drive is the same as Fi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I definitely try and take longer to respond to questions.

It gives me some time to firstly, make sure that I give a response that considers the other persons feelings (the greater good) and secondly, make my answer 'deeper' and with that extra level of thought.

I also try and talk more about/through personal issues with my friends, sometimes it turns to practical/obvious ways of solving them, but I am working on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Unless you are attacking our moral character or something that we have accomplished, we don't tend to take things personally. We find it disrespectful when people waste our time, but I don' tthink that's considered hurting our feelings. I guess the closest to Fi I get is when I'm passionate about a topic I'm arguing over, but that's just for the sense of accomplishment. Do my accomplishments effect my Fi? I suppose in a way, I mean, I'm proud of myself, but if I don't achieve something, I'll just work harder next time. I don't think drive is the same as Fi.

I couldn't have said this better myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts