Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I think there is a possibility I might be one of you guys. I've been struggling with mental health issues most of my life, so any form of "Si" I have is very crass (as in, perhaps I've spent most of my life in a weird Fe-Ne loop/focusing too much on my inferior Ti). I am certainly a cautious person in general due to having anxiety, but I lack any sort of attention to detail and have an awful memory. I spend most of my time "in the clouds" so to speak.

So I'm curious how do you use it in your every day life? Care to give me a snap shot on how your brain works? (I want to see a "normal" and "healthy" ESFJ brain, if that makes any sense). Are there any sorts of interests or activities you have where Si might be more beneficial than some other functions?

·
Read Only
14 Posts
Awww, i hope you get better friend, If you are one of us that'd be great, we always could use more ESFJs around <3

As for Si, i tend to use it to remember small details about people i'm around, things like favorite food, things that friend like/dislike. An example is i remember that one of my online friends has a really messed up sleep cycle, so we can only talk in the afternoons, and that he hates early morning conversations so i avoid talking early morning, things like that. Now that i type this out that sounds creepy as all heck, like i'm a stalker or something 0_o

But generally i rely on Si to assist with decisions, like i'll always choose a certain subway sandwich because i know it tastes good, and i'd be hesitant to try a new sauce or something. Or i'll avoid inviting a certain friend to an outdoor activity because they're a vampire and hate the sun, or i'll think of a great activity and immediately think "oh, friend X said she likes that i'll invite her"

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Karlziv Thank you. :D One thing is I definitely notice a different change of tone among Fe-doms than the other groups. I greatly appreciate that.

And interesting...so basically you pay attention to information your friends give you and force yourself to catalogue it internally? Does your remembrance of certain details come naturally and out of nowhere. Or is there something which essentially "triggers" it? If that makes any sense. Meaning you see some sort of problem in the outer world, e.g. as you mentioned finding a friend to do a particular activity with, and the friend just marches themselves into your conscious brain immediately?

What do you think about or do in your daily life? (I know thats a tough question, but just trying to see how I can turn more focus on details of the sensory world and of people in my life rather than being up in the clouds daydreaming. Lol)

·
Read Only
14 Posts
@Karlziv Thank you. :D One thing is I definitely notice a different change of tone among Fe-doms than the other groups. I greatly appreciate that.

And interesting...so basically you pay attention to information your friends give you and force yourself to catalogue it internally? Does your remembrance of certain details come naturally and out of nowhere. Or is there something which essentially "triggers" it? If that makes any sense. Meaning you see some sort of problem in the outer world, e.g. as you mentioned finding a friend to do a particular activity with, and the friend just marches themselves into your conscious brain immediately?

What do you think about or do in your daily life? (I know thats a tough question, but just trying to see how I can turn more focus on details of the sensory world and of people in my life rather than being up in the clouds daydreaming. Lol)
Trigger it would be the more accurate thing. It sorta catalogues itself naturally imo, forcing isn't really required. But yeah, a situation or problem will remind me of a friend. Think of it as associating experiences with friends based on their likes and dislikes. As for day to day thinking i'm currently in a self-discovery sorta phase, so it's mainly focused around my life, my goals, how i affect other people and how to improve relations with other people. That and organizing social events, organizing stuff in general. Uni work, plans for the weekend and all that jazz.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Trigger it would be the more accurate thing. It sorta catalogues itself naturally imo, forcing isn't really required. But yeah, a situation or problem will remind me of a friend. Think of it as associating experiences with friends based on their likes and dislikes. As for day to day thinking i'm currently in a self-discovery sorta phase, so it's mainly focused around my life, my goals, how i affect other people and how to improve relations with other people. That and organizing social events, organizing stuff in general. Uni work, plans for the weekend and all that jazz.
So true...I remember details about everyone - the more I like someone, the more I remember about them, but I definitely remember all kinds of details about folks, especially things that will help me make their lives easier or happier. And a lot of things trigger memories - I lost a dear friend in June, and there are times that I'll see something random and it will just bring back a conversation we had or something.

Hope things are improving @InkMyUmbrella!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So true...I remember details about everyone - the more I like someone, the more I remember about them, but I definitely remember all kinds of details about folks, especially things that will help me make their lives easier or happier. And a lot of things trigger memories - I lost a dear friend in June, and there are times that I'll see something random and it will just bring back a conversation we had or something.

Hope things are improving @InkMyUmbrella!
Do you remember details of nearly everyone or only the people most important to you? Is it something you do consciously or unconsciously?

And eh...still working on making things better &#55357;&#56874; thank you for asking!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Do you remember details of nearly everyone or only the people most important to you? Is it something you do consciously or unconsciously?

And eh...still working on making things better �� thank you for asking!
Nearly everyone, really, but obviously the more important someone is to me, the more I remember. But I can run into folks I met once and if I had a conversation with them, no matter when it was, I'll remember it or something about them, anyway, and I can remember bizarre things about people - I know where a girl I worked with 25 years ago met her husband (it was a club on Long Island but I actually remember the name of it). It's not usually conscious, it's just what I've always done. Sometimes I'll try to make a note of things, but usually it just happens. Sadly, I don't remember things I need to know for work nearly as well, ha ha.

·
Banned
692 Posts
While I considered ESFJ as a type for me (hence why you'll see many of my posts on this forum) I'm pretty sure I'm not an Fe-dom, but I am definitely some type of Si user.

For me, Si is about my personal subjective experience.

Si to me is kind of like impressionism. Take this picture:

It's not exactly an accurate representation of the real world, but it highlights the viewer's personal interpretation of the external world. The actual details are a little blurred, but certain tones and hues are highlighted to depict the overall feeling or sensation the whole experience evoked.

So what does this mean for me in my personal life? Absolute euphoric nostalgia.

For example, there is one particular song I love to listen to because it makes me feel infinite and everlasting. It gives me the same feeling I have during summer evenings. There is something about summer evenings that just makes me feel never-ending -- perhaps because daytime stretches for so long, so it feels like the day will never end. I have no specific memory tied to this song -- just this nostalgic feeling that reminds me of my subjective experience with summer evenings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts