Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ENTJs are Te-Ni-Se-Fi

I am pretty clueless on how I use Se. I took this general description from the ENTJ Wiki page:

"Se focuses on the experiences and sensations of the immediate, physical world. With an acute awareness of the present surroundings, it brings relevant facts and details to the forefront and may lead to spontaneous action. [17]
In ENTJs, Se is a basic function, less developed than Te or Ni. Se helps ENTJs effectively act upon their immediate surroundings. ENTJs scan their physical environment to observe where improvements can be made, and Se is integral to the application of Te and Ni to meet those standards. Se gathers detailed data from the immediate experience to expand the ENTJs' knowledge base and heighten the ENTJs' sense of reality upon taking action."

Im just curious how you all use it.
When do you see yourself using it/experiencing Se?
Examples would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Se seems to me to be gut feeling, i.e. receiving information and acting on it, as opposed to Ne; receiving information and analysing it. So when you receive information and you make a gut decision on it after taking it all in holistically (just thought i'd add some MBTI bullshit-speak there), you're using Se.

Tbf I don't know very much about Se. When I see people, or experience new things, I'm very easily able to make a split-second decision on whether I like what I'm experiencing or not. I don't know how much of that are other MBTI functions and how much is Se.

·
mafia mod
13,316 Posts
In group where people are throwing out ideas and brainstorming. Here I summarize what people are saying, or paraphrase the main points being presented. I basically put the ideas in some sort of order or structure. Then make a plan or decision based on that

·
Registered
791 Posts
I don't have much S in me at all, and what I do have seems to be more Si than Se as I have a near-eidetic memory and can recall with great precision pertinent details when I need to. I prefer to trust facts and distrust information that doesn't jibe.

The Se part of me does understand physical aggression, acquisition of territory and I do possess quite a strong will (or so I have been told repeatedly), but I do not generally ever notice outward appearances as they are meaningless except as projection.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Uh its Te-Ni-Fe-Si Se-Fi-Ti-Ne

Te Ni
Fe Si
Fi Se
Ti Ne

1 2
4 3
6 5
7 8

ENTJ actively pursue their external goals, to the sacrifice of their immediate considerations of comfort, but regularly experience periods of procrastination where they need prodding, a strong push, or forceful support from others to continue onward in the direction they have chosen.

ENTJ admire people who do not back off from direct personal confrontations and who stand their ground; they aim at doing that and often succeed, but their stronger focus Ni means that their resolution in this regard is often weakened by thoughts of the possible negative consequences of such confrontations. Likewise, they admire, and try to emulate, persons who are resolute, even pushy towards others, when pursuing their goals. However, they are put off by persons who are overly aggressive and who seem to prefer to use verbal or physical aggression as a replacement of logical or ethical arguments, rather than as a support for them.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I've always thought of Se as ENTJ's resourcefulness. I have somewhat of an example of how I think I used Se.

Once I decided what my career path (public accounting) was going to be after college I started thinking about how to graduate with a job.

Ni gave me the foresight to understand the end goal and what firm recruiters were looking for in candidates. They wanted to see someone well rounded academically, socially, while also possessing leadership skills. Te gave me a structured approach of proving to recruiters that I had those attributes. I aligned opportunities for me to take advantage of and add to my growing resume. Te helped me structure my "sales pitch" in interviews of why I was a good candidate.

Se made it all happen. It put all my plans into action. I ran for several leadership positions in student professional organizations. Received them. Attended professional mixers to demonstrate I can speak and conduct myself properly. Became a campus representative for CPA organizations. After becoming known by the faculty, I was chosen to be represent my school in a case study competition (sponsored by a firm) with a team. Etc, etc, etc

To sum it up, Te and Ni gave me a structured plan for a future goal. Se worked as steps to achieve that goal.

Currently I'm working on another plan to escape this career. :::facepalm:::

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've always thought of Se as ENTJ's resourcefulness. I have somewhat of an example of how I think I used Se.

Once I decided what my career path (public accounting) was going to be after college I started thinking about how to graduate with a job.

Ni gave me the foresight to understand the end goal and what firm recruiters were looking for in candidates. They wanted to see someone well rounded academically, socially, while also possessing leadership skills. Te gave me a structured approach of proving to recruiters that I had those attributes. I aligned opportunities for me to take advantage of and add to my growing resume. Te helped me structure my "sales pitch" in interviews of why I was a good candidate.

Se made it all happen. It put all my plans into action. I ran for several leadership positions in student professional organizations. Received them. Attended professional mixers to demonstrate I can speak and conduct myself properly. Became a campus representative for CPA organizations. After becoming known by the faculty, I was chosen to be represent my school in a case study competition (sponsored by a firm) with a team. Etc, etc, etc

To sum it up, Te and Ni gave me a structured plan for a future goal. Se worked as steps to achieve that goal.

Currently I'm working on another plan to escape this career. :::facepalm:::
Excellent example.
I now see how I use Se, given your example is conducive to how the functions work (sounds right).

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
My Se is a love hate relationship.
For work I tend to miss the details. Always getting me into trouble.
For pleasure I pick the nice things. Most people tend to agree it's classy.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The first thing that comes to mind is clothes shopping honestly. I could probably be a very good interior decorator or architect as well. I have great taste in aesthetics and get a lot of compliments on how I dress, how my living space is laid out, how well I've made my projects look at work, etc. Impressions are everything, so it's worth investing in aesthetics.

I am actually extremely observant as well. I'm not like Sherlock Holmes or anything, but my observations have saved the day on a couple of my adventures. I am much more aware of my surroundings than the average person.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I use Se to see changes/inconsistencies in my environment. Using this information, I then formulate courses of action then decide on which action to take.

After reading about Se, I see it as acting like our physical and mental "eyes" to see and notice our environment with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.