Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IRL, I'd say I come off as cold and guarded to most people. at first at least. When I meet other guarded people, usually INTJs, I'm drawn. IDK why, but I am. Kind of like "birds of the same feather..." I'm basically interested because that person is like me... or because I see that we share this similarity... and I sorta know/think that once we let our guards down to the other, we can both come to believe in each other and whatnot. But what about you guys - how do you react when you meet another person who comes off as cold or guarded , assuming you also think that you can come off a cold or guarded?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't think about it as chances are I'm not attempting to initiate anything with them, or vice versa. If it comes to that, we both know soon enough if it's worth talking with the other and to let our guard down a bit.

(EDIT: Off-topic, but wow, just noticed how many threads you've made in here. I counted 7 just offhand. o.o)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I respect their guardedness and keep my distance. I agree with Tessearct: if it's worth talking to each other, it'll probably happen.

Incidentally, you do realize that this person you're after is an individual and that all our answers in this or the other threads are those of individuals, as well? None of us can tell you what's really going on in his (I assume) head - or heart for that matter.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I generally go about my business. Other people are just background noise until they initiate conversation with me, so asking me how I feel about cold or guarded people is kind of like asking how I feel about cold rocks-they're just there. Occassionally there are people that intrigue me (for other reasons), though usually this is after some time of being around them and even then I will never initiate contact independently.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Seeing as apparently I come off as cold and aloof sometimes I don't really think much of it when its returned. If there is a point in communicating with the person then as long they fulfill that obligation it's all good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts