Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you walk?

So I'm wondering how my fellow intps walk. I walk in a sort of snape-like way, with long, fast strides, but with probably worse posture. I also sometimes walk in a sort of slouchy way, with my hands in my pockets, but still taking those long stides.

Basically:
Long Strides
Quick to Regular Speed

How do you walk?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I walk fast usually, at school, though, I'm quite sleepy/tired so my walk is more slow-paced. My posture is little aslope and I usually walk with my hands in my hoodie's or jacket's pockets or, since I drag my backpack everywhere, I grip on my backpack's straps.

·
Banned
4,210 Posts
It took me many years to develop a stride that would not provoke curious expressions and comments. :blushed:
At this point, I use a kind of light strut as my general walking pattern, with fairly long strides.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have no idea what my legs do, but, when I can, I like to have my feet not leave the ground. This is done best on linoleum (?) floors in flats, so far.
I rarely ever walk quickly or take long strides; I'm pretty tall, so I'd end up marching ahead of people.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Depends, if I'm alone I walk medium speed with my eyes glued to the floor and my hands in my pockets decent posture. If I'm with friends I walk with better posture and match their speed. Generally my chest is forward with my shoulders a bit back, sounds weird, but if you've seen heroes, when Sylar stands in that kind of "pose" he does, that's what I look like.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Hmmmmmmm, at first I thought you meant in turns of a rumination walk, like one to go on to be lost in bouts of thought. But in general I walk naturally with a larger stride than most cuz I'm tall (6'5'') and I slow it down, like one of the ants on Lord of the Rings. I think it makes for a confident yet pensive walk.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I tend to walk pretty quickly, cause if I'm bothering to walk I've got somewhere I've decided I want to be. There's no point in getting there slowly. I walk like I drive... >.> I look ahead and plan a path that involves the least amount of people in my way so I don't get slowed down. My family doesn't understand it, they always ask when the marathon started.

My friends have learned to follow along in my wake, I make a good battering ram in clubs or bars. :laughing:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ummm...odd. I was thinking about this the other day. But I walk like this:

Short, quick strides with the head kept up and likes to lean around turns, sometimes getting off balance.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I take long strides that seem slow but actually take me pretty quickly, I slouch horrendously, and I always have my hands in my pockets because I feel stupid letting them dangle around at my sides. I also tend to look around a lot and yet I still have problems with running into things...

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I walk into oncoming people and trees, scrambling around with wrinkled papers under my armpit and coffee in my hand, not paying attention to anyone in my way.

Reactions: Proteus

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm a slow walker, everyone else walks faster than me so I usually find myself walking fairly quickly with short strides so I can keep up.
However, when I'm by myself I'm like a turtle.

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
My strides are quite long. I used to walk fast but I've kind of trained myself to slow down and relax a bit more, take in whats around me. So I sort of walk steadily now with long strides and try to keep my upper body straight for posture.

·
Registered
911 Posts
long strides, I walk quite fast. I slouch really bad, have a big posture problem... i just don't know how to land my feet on to the ground, I always seem to "jump" a little bit... I don't have that natural heel-toe body motion.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I often have the problem of being too self-conscious when walking.

Like "ok now I'm going to move my left leg forward; alright done, now right leg again; perfect; damn no I forgot to move my arms accordingly! Let's correct that next step."

I also tend to be too "efficient", like making very tight-toe-spinning turns, or moving in a vectorial way in crowded environnements.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I don't walk, I strut that ass-

YouTube - Strut That Ass

</trollmode>

A while back a coworker I had never spoken to once mentioned she always saw me walking around faster than average "always looking like I was deep in thought and very focused on something". I think this is because when I'm walking around in public I'm interested in getting to where I need to go asap and avoiding others in the process. It's quite common for me to walk into things and fall up stairs and things of that nature too. Walking in the woods or for leisure I'm quite apt to go at a more relaxed pace and in a more unorganized manner.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts