Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do your cognitive functions communicate with each other?​

I really liked the post below so I'd like to see more of it from you all.

1. Post up your type
2. List your cognitive functions order
3. Role-play a conversation between them in one scenario of your choice (so this thread won't get too long).

Suggestions for scenarios:
Solving a problem
Seeing an extremely attractive person
Finding out something absolutely terrible about someone you really care about

(The guy below is an INTJ btw)
EVENT OCCURS REQUIRING INFORMATION RECALL

Ni: Here's what it is, bud, and here's the answer.
Te: Hold up, Ni, you're full of shit.
Fi: I want a cookie.
Si: Te, here's some info!
Te: Thanks. Now, Ni, you see, based on this condition, you're wrong. So, we'll do this...
Se: Uh-oh guys, that was the wrong answer.
Ni: Should've listened to me, punk!
Te: Cram it Ni. Si, why the hell did you tell me that?
Si: I'm sorry Te, I just kinda remembered the answer I read a few weeks ago, and uh... uh...
Te: Damnit.

EVENT OCCURS REQUIRING PROBLEM-SOLVING

Note: The creepy guy is a small vacuum that 'creeps' around the bottom of the pool and picks up leaves.
You'll understand this dialogue better if you know about pool maintenance.

Se: Uh-oh guys, the pool pump won't prime. There's a clacking sound from the blades.
Ni: Hmm.. It seems that for some reason, the air trapped in the pump filter basket won't flow through to the DE filter, as that clacking is air cavitation on the blades, because I know they aren't broken.
Te: Let's check the area and see what's going on, I don't have enough info to make a decision. Come on, Se.
Fi: C'mon guys, I really want a cookie.
Ni: Fuck off.
Se: Well, the creepy guy is in working order, but it's moving very slowly.
Te: O'RLY?
Ni: Si told me that it was working yesterday.
Te: Alright.
Ni: It's spring, that thing must be full of tons of junk.
Se: There's a dead lizard clogging the filter.
Te: Let's take care of it, then.
*Dead lizard removed, Fi allowed time to lament on poor cutesy lizardy*
Se: The creepy guy is still working slowly.
Te: Let's check the other filters.
Se: They're clear.
Te: Alright, let's go back to the pump.
Se: It's full of leaves.
Te: Get rid of them.
*Leaves removed*
Se: Creepy guy is still going slowly.
Te: Ok, Ni said that the air is causing cavitation. Let's check the couplings for air leaks and the leaf port for air leaks as well.
Ni: Right on, Se told me that the threading is coarse on the hook-ups, and that would make sense as a problem.
*Couplings and cap undone*
Ni: Hey, before you put them back on, throw some Vaseline on there for a better seal.
*Couplings and cap replaced*
Te: Alright, what's up here?
Se: Creepy guy is still moving slowly.
Te: Damn. Must not be the seals. The vaseline was a good idea, though. Is the air still in there? It's not coming out is it?
Se: Nope.
Ni: I've got a hunch... Get that basket port back off.
Se: It looks like this: etc...
Te: Hmm...
Ni: What's that straw thingy on the side of the basket there?
Te: Yeah, what is that?
Se: It looks like it goes from the top to the pump intake.
Ni: Well golly gee shucks, the air is at the top.
Te: I bet that straw provides a quick port for the air to get sucked out of the basket cavity.
Se: The bottom of the straw is sealed in its mount in the basket.
Te: Well, flip it around, the other end is angled, so the air should be able to go through the pump.
*action performed. Pump re-started*
Se: It works guys.
Fi: Holy crap! Good job guys! Can we go get a cookie now?
Te: No.
*Fi strangles Te, commands body to consume cookie*

THE END

·
Registered
457 Posts
EVENT OCCURS REQUIRING INFORMATION RECALL

Ni: Here's what it is, bud, and here's the answer.
Te: Hold up, Ni, you're full of shit.
Fi: I want a cookie.
Si: Te, here's some info!
Te: Thanks. Now, Ni, you see, based on this condition, you're wrong. So, we'll do this...
Se: Uh-oh guys, that was the wrong answer.
Ni: Should've listened to me, punk!
Te: Cram it Ni. Si, why the hell did you tell me that?
Si: I'm sorry Te, I just kinda remembered the answer I read a few weeks ago, and uh... uh...
Te: Damnit.
My Ni and Te argue just like that, and my S does mostly the same thing , but I'm not sure how my F participates at all.

I think my function order is something like Ni>Te>Ne>Ti>Si>Fi=Fe>Se

Reactions: Theaetetus

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Ne-Ti-Fi-Te-Ni

I am an XXTP

Ne:CUPCAKES AND UNICORNS!
Te: You fool. Eat that cupcake now! It is your duty!
Ti: Cupcake eating is relative. You see like E=MC squared cupcakes are very *blah blah blah*
Fi-But If I eat this cupcake I could gain weight. And be fat.......Fat is bad.
Ni: Something is wrong with this cupcake........
Te: I put medicine in the cupcakes so we can poo as efficient and fast as possible.
Ne. Whut.......
Fi: Pooing is concentrated evil! NO. I refuse!
Te: You fool! I say you fool!
Ne: I pity the fool! Hehe......
Ti: Based on this I concluded that we are using Oxypooper. A very concertrated and natural medicine that comes from *bleh bleh bleh*
Ni: I have to go! Oh no!
Te: Go with full speed ahead! You must! Its your duty if you eat food!
Ti: Yes. You are expelling food from your body that was no concentrated into *blah Blah Blah*
Fi: I STILL REFUSE TO POO!
Ne: Hehe...he said Poo......
Te: I am out of here. You are all useless! I say useless!
Ti: Useless is relative.
Ne: Relativity! Thats cool. Melitivty. Smellity. What else ryhmes...
Fi: Relativty is good! Yay for time!
Ti: Time is relative.......
Ni: I feel as if we are missing something.....Did Te throw a tantrum again?
Ne: Tantrum. Tarantula. Spider. Spider good!
Ti: I don't blame him......
Fi: CAN'T we all just get along!
Ti: Impossible. Because every has *blah Blah*
Fi: I am leaving *cries*
Ti: I must go learn!
Ni: I think I am late for something....
Ne: Whut?

It had a rush ending. Because I was getting bored.

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...I see that this thread isn't getting many responses. Might as well participate then.

Type: ENTP
Cognitive functions order: Ne > Ti > Se > Fi > Fe > Si > Ni > Te

Note: Unlike the NJ's who talk of multiple voices in their head, I only have one voice in my head, and I'm usually yelling at myself.

Scenario: A friend has begun talking to me about a problem of hers. I'm trying to find a solution.

In the beginning:

Ni: I know what's wrong. Her parents disowned her.
Si: You idiot. Shut the hell up. You've always been wrong.
Se: We didn't even hear anything yet. Stop assuming.
Fi: Poor girl. :( She looks so sad.
Ti: That's enough, Fi. I'm trying to listen.

In the middle:

Se: Ah, if you noticed, when she said that line, she avoided looking at us. Her voice tone also changed from how she's been speaking- this is all very strange. There's something wrong here. Ne, Ti, what do you think?
Ne: From what I've been gathering, the way she's been acting from the beginning has shifted at this point, this point, this point, and this point. When you link it up the instances, they all have something in common: she gets particularly awkward whenever she talks about how badly her boyfriend treats her.
Si: I agree with Ne. I've seen this behavior from her before. This isn't anything new.
Ti: This must be because we've already told her to break up with him. She must be feeling awkward about continuing this even though she knows what our position on the subject is. There's no point in continuing this conversation. She's not going to listen to us anyway. Let's go.
Fi: NO. WE HAVE TO STAY. SHE'S OUR FRIEND.
Ti: Fi, you do realize that the time we spend on her is ultimately going to be wasted right? She's not going to listen to us.
Si: Ti is right. She's never listened to our advice before.
Se: She just looked over her shoulder while saying that line. Ti, why do you think she did it?
Ti: Probably is embarrassed about it. Fi...stop bullying us. Leave us alone.
Fi: WE HAVE TO HELP. (begins chanting this line loudly over and over again)
*Fight between Fi and Ti continues while Se continues to ask Ti questions*

Near the end:

Ti: All right, I've located the root of the issue. It seems to be ______.
Si: Hm, that's interesting. I'll be documenting that for future usage in the case that someone else with the same problem comes to us again.
Se: We're currently questioning her whether ______ is truly the root of the problem- Ti, can you confirm if it's real?
Ti: Yup. Everything seems to line up. There's nothing that contradicts what she's been saying earlier.
Ne: I wonder if the problem is JUST _______ though. Let's go check if _____, ______, and ______ may be interfering with her current status.
Ti: Sure. Se, check if Ne might be right.
Se: The first two are correct. Third one, nope.
Ti: Okay. What are the solutions to this problem?
Si: From our dealings with people of other similar problems and information read from forums, books, etc., the best method seems to be _______.
Ti: Oh okay. But will this method work on this person?
Fe: I think she can handle it. But just in case, we can word it in a softer manner.
Ti: Sounds good. Let's do this.

At the very end:

Se: She's not going to take our advice. From the look on her face, she doesn't seem willing to leave her boyfriend.
Fi: :(!!! Does she not care how much effort we put into this?!
Si: I told you.
Ti: That doesn't make any sense. Why would someone be unhappy about something but refuse to change it? Do they WANT to remain unhappy?
Si: Seems like it.
Ti: WHY.
*no answer*

Typical day, really.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Type: INFJ
Functions Order (Tentative): Ni > Fe > Fi > Ti > Si> Ne > Te > Se

I will use a scenario which occurred today.

Scenario: As our class nears graduation, a classmate, who is normally a sort of class clown (I speculate that he is an ENTP), points out that he was unable to be the recipient of a scholarship since he received a D in citizenship in our current class. He tells this to the teacher out loud and blames her for his failure in a manner that is assumed to be in jest...

Se: He (the classmate) is blaming his failure on the teacher. His tone of voice and facial expressions indicate that he is joking.
Ni: He genuinely does not mind (at least not much) that he was unable to receive the scholarship.
Se: The teacher, reciprocating the classmate's tone and facial expressions, is lightheartedly playing along; [Tentative dialogue] "Yeah, it was all my fault." Classmate: "Yes, yes it was!"
Fi: He still shouldn't have said what he did.
Ti: Why not? We are aware that this classmate is a general humorist and thus he should not be taken literally, and the teacher seems to be handling it just fine.
Ni: True, she is laughing along, but there is still an inherent truth that your classmate communicated...
Te: ...that the teacher was, in a manner, the one who decided his citizenship grade and thus deprived him of the opportunity to receive this scholarship.
Ni: This truth thus bears a sort of hostility.
Fe: The teacher genuinely cares about the success of her students as well as her relations with and understanding of them; the hostile undertone of the truth communicated could be affecting her.
Ni: This "hostile undertone" is apparent to her and is hurtful or at least affronting.
Fi: You should tell your classmate to be careful about how he says such things as he just did, even if in good humor, because of such undertones.
Fe: No, that is not worth the social awkwardness.
Ti: Besides, you do not know for sure if the teacher took it negatively.
Te: Also, your classmate's own actions earned him his citizenship grade, not the teacher's. She has no reason to feel negative and she should know this.
Fe: I feel badly for the teacher if she did receive those words as criticism.
Te: Forget it; the bell is about to ring and this issue will be over.

·
MOTM February 2014
4,781 Posts
Okay, so... I wrote something 'cause I like stories. I'm not sure of my function order at all. Maybe Fi > Ne > Si = Ti > Te > Ni = Se > Fe. It's late and I don't feel like testing to find out right now. I'll... try to remember to later.

EDIT: Test results came out as Fi > Te > Ne > Ti = Ni > Si > Fe > Se. I'd say I use Si (and Ti and Ni apparently) more than the results would suggest, though. Te as an auxiliary seems really weird and not right.

A day in the classroom/lecture hall
Fi: I wish I wasn’t here.
Te: Hush, Fi, we have to be here.
Ti: Yeah, we like some of the material.
Ne: And we need it so we can be proficient at our career and then travel and meet people and then we’ll end up living in Europe!
Fi: That would be awesome... Do you think we could?!
Te: Okay, one, you two are idealizing idiots; two, the only way that will happen is if you start working. Shut up and listen.

*pause while lecture happens... Ne is making connections, Ti is analyzing some of it quietly, and Si is looking over Ne’s shoulder at the notes*

Ne: Um, guys, I can’t really relate this to anything. Or come up with like a metaphor or whatever.
Si: No, no, look here, this relates to that!
Ti: And means ___. But... I mean, it doesn’t correlate. The teacher said ___ but from his previous lectures (correct, Si? Good), ___ applied, so why doesn’t...
Fi: *starts zoning out*
Te: HEY, PAY ATTENTION!
Se: Man, I’m bored.
Fi: So am I! This stuff is all useless. None of it will help with (insert value).
Se: Can we go for a walk? Please?
Te: Don’t make me guilt-trip you.
Fi: Te, I really don’t like you sometimes. Give me a cookie.
Te: Look, class is almost over.

*By this point, Ne usually notices something weird about someone’s behavior. Si looks through previous memories to see if it correlates while Ti huddles with Ne to analyze it. Eventually, though, Si just files the information away for possible similar event in the future*

Fi: I don’t care. I’m bored and I want a cookie.
Te: *suffering sigh* Fine, there’s one in the backpack.
Fi: YAY! *digs around* Yaaay—GAH, EW!
Si: I thought I told you not to eat year-old packages.
Fi: But... But it was a cookie and Te told me it would be okay!
Si: Ugh. Hopefully this will teach you. Again.
Te: *snickers evilly in the background*
Fi: YOU KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN! I should just—
Se: Hey, class is over!
Ne: Good. You know, I was thinking... *insert groaning from Te, Ti* ...the teacher said something about this guy, which led me to remember something about the history of, like, Asia or something, which reminded me of the Chinese dinner we had last week, which just really made me want more rice—
Fi: OH I LOVE FRIED RICE!
Ne: *already passed ten other connections* —Which made me think, “you know, considering we never finished it, we probably should,” but really that just gave me an idea about a new plot for a story.
Ti: *looks over plot* What the hell, Ne? This has like fifteen plotholes in it. You need this and this and...
Fi: I wanna write a story about a girl who's—
Te: Damn it, guys, let's just go home and work on it there.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
A night out. Or an insurrection. You be the judge.

Ne: [Imagination!]
Ti: I like 10% of your ideas, Ne, but the rest I can't fit in aywhere. Next.

Si: [Concrete facts and memories!]
Ti: How excrutiatingly boring. I've done those already. Get out of here.

Fe: [Raw unexplainable emotion!] :O
Ti: What is this, I don't even-
Fe: [MORE raw unexplainable emotion!] :(
Ti: *lalalala* I can't hear you! Next!
Fe: >:|

(In the background, away from Ti.)
Fe: This is getting out of hand. :(
Si: We should get Ti drunk, that always works.
Fe: We can make friends! With beer and women! :D
Ne: I'll call some people.

Ti: Guys? Guys, where are you?
Si: Hey Ti, you know how we like to go out?
Fe: :D
Ne: I called up some people.
Si: And as you can see, we're already dressed.
Ti: Wait, what is this, why didn't you ask me first??
Everyone else: Too late!

(Later...)
Ti: [Drunk and incoherent.]
Si: Just as planned, only Ti is affected.
Ne: I can't ever see why it happens like that.
Fe: But it's awesome. :D

(Fe and Ne meet and interact with an entire nightclub of strangers while Si just keeps laughing at Ti.)

(Next morning... or rather, evening.)
Si: Ah, we don't have a hangover, as usual. I see Ti is back to bullying you, Fe?
Fe: :(
Ne: I have a few ideas on how to stop him.
Si: Do the same thing next weekend?
Ni: Find a meaningful relationship?
Ne: Ni! Hey cousin!
Si: Who the hell invited you???
Ti: *moan* Why did I let you guys talk me into that again?

(I doubt you'd notice, but in response to Ti, Fe only makes faces. He only talks with the others.)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Wow guys... I've started a fad. Reminds me of that time when I wore mismatched chucks in kindergarten, or when I wore pajamas under my clothes in 1st. Cool beans. Enjoy the format. Be sure to isolate the abilities of each function to the function itself to best illustrate the dynamic. (e.g.: Fi can't think, T can't feel.)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Wow guys... I've started a fad. Reminds me of that time when I wore mismatched chucks in kindergarten, or when I wore pajamas under my clothes in 1st. Cool beans. Enjoy the format. Be sure to isolate the abilities of each function to the function itself to best illustrate the dynamic. (e.g.: Fi can't think, T can't feel.)
Well, I'd have made my Ne more... Ne-like, but I thought it would be cliche that way. Yes, I see cliches in a completely new format of writing. Maybe I should have elaborated a bit more on the thought processes behind Ne calling various people.

·
Registered
683 Posts
A night out. Or an insurrection. You be the judge.

Ne: [Imagination!]
Ti: I like 10% of your ideas, Ne, but the rest I can't fit in aywhere. Next.

Si: [Concrete facts and memories!]
Ti: How excrutiatingly boring. I've done those already. Get out of here.

Fe: [Raw unexplainable emotion!] :O
Ti: What is this, I don't even-
Fe: [MORE raw unexplainable emotion!] :(
Ti: *lalalala* I can't hear you! Next!
Fe: >:|

(In the background, away from Ti.)
Fe: This is getting out of hand. :(
Si: We should get Ti drunk, that always works.
Fe: We can make friends! With beer and women! :D
Ne: I'll call some people.

Ti: Guys? Guys, where are you?
Si: Hey Ti, you know how we like to go out?
Fe: :D
Ne: I called up some people.
Si: And as you can see, we're already dressed.
Ti: Wait, what is this, why didn't you ask me first??
Everyone else: Too late!

(Later...)
Ti: [Drunk and incoherent.]
Si: Just as planned, only Ti is affected.
Ne: I can't ever see why it happens like that.
Fe: But it's awesome. :D

(Fe and Ne meet and interact with an entire nightclub of strangers while Si just keeps laughing at Ti.)

(Next morning... or rather, evening.)
Si: Ah, we don't have a hangover, as usual. I see Ti is back to bullying you, Fe?
Fe: :(
Ne: I have a few ideas on how to stop him.
Si: Do the same thing next weekend?
Ni: Find a meaningful relationship?
Ne: Ni! Hey cousin!
Si: Who the hell invited you???
Ti: *moan* Why did I let you guys talk me into that again?

(I doubt you'd notice, but in response to Ti, Fe only makes faces. He only talks with the others.)
Haha this one was by far the best, not to pick favorites or anything... but I kinda just did.

Reactions: thewindlistens

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Why was this moved into the articles section? :confused:

Less people will find it here and eventually it will be locked, stopping people from adding their own stories.

I want to see more!

EDIT

I suppose I stand corrected? :proud:

Still hope it wont get closed, though.

Reactions: Narrator

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Okay, this is me today.

My function order seems to be Ni>Te>Se>Ti>Fi>Ne>Si>Fe or something confusing like that.
Okay, so based off a situation today. I was walking along in the corridor.

Ni: I was right, I didn't have to study last night, the teacher didn't get round to us.
Ti: I was so sleepy last night. Thank you for being right. I can't rely on you too much though.
Te: That was only the first class. Take a little drink of energy drink. Today will fly by. Then you can sleep when you get home, you need to. Then we can wake up early and crack down. We'll have 3 hours if we wake up at 5.
Ti: No. That won't work. Are you sure you'll do it?
Fi: Of course I will!
Se: You almost walked into that girl! I'm going to push this girl gently to the side right now.
Si: Like Altair does in Assassin's creed!
Fe: The girl doesn't seem to be moving. You'll have to ask her politely.
Se: Then people will think I like first years. I'm going to just push by her.There we go, oh watch, slide past those two girls!...That was awesome. You're awesome.
Si: This always happens first class.
Te: I'll take a different route today and from now on. We'll go through the cafeteria.
Si: Yeah, ever since that teacher's supervised in that classroom this route has been packed.
Se: Wow, the head girl just bent over.
Ti: Checking her out won't do much good. It won't benefit us in anyway. Besides, it's just another ass, if you can imagine it in your head you know it should look like thus you shouldn't need to look.
Fi: Yeah, that's all relevant and about Claire?! Are you forgetting her?
Se: Damn though...Does she know how nice she looks doing that?
Ne: She never does that for anyone else, she doesn't have a boyfriend, she smiles at you all the time. Smiling, no boyfriend, bending over like that. There must be a meaning behind this.
Ni: She doesn't like me.
Ne: What makes you so sure? Again?!
Se: There's that girl you pushed gently earlier.
Si: I don't recall her name.
Fi: I can't believe I checked that girl out..
Ni: 7!
Ti: That makes sense.
Te: Even so it's not useful.
Ne: 7....I wonder what that means. If it is 7 that means...
Si: Shut up Ne, you usually suck.
Ne: I wonder why I rely on answers that come out of nowhere than on this part of me.
Te: It's usually more useful and right.
Se: Watch it! Jump out of the way!
Fi: There's my old friend! *waves and smiles*
Te: You just made a fool of yourself she didn't even see you. Don't do that in future. Make sure she says hi to you first, it always works!
Si: Must remember that for next time heh.
Te: Where were you?!
Fi: I think I'm sad.
Ti: You think? Be quiet, you don't know how you're feeling.
Fe: If I am sad I should go to my friends.
Fi: I should cheer myself up.
Te: It's more useful to find out how you're feeling.
Ti: Being ignored shouldn't make you said.
Ne: Maybe I have aids!
Ni: I don't have aids...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Type: INTJ
Situation: me reading the "what would you do if you found a death note thread" and deciding what I would do.

Ne: Yay! deathnote. This is a really cool power, but the geass would be better.
Ni: *ignores Ne* would it be a good idea to try and make a perfect world like Light?
Si: People've always tried to do that even in real life. it never works.
Ni: Oh, but they didn't have a death note. We could do things like write "discovers a cure for cancer, then dies"
Te: We don't know if that will work.
Si: Light couldn't get that prisoner to reveal L's real name becuase he didn't know.
Ti: They are similar circumstances, but this is not the same. this would be creativity vs. knowing psychically.
Si: The deathnote can't make something that isn't possible happen
Ti: nothing is impossible, some things are just extremely unlikely as with quantum physics.
Ni: sidenote (There must be some sort of minimum on how likely something must be to allow it)
Te: We'll just perform an experiment to find it if we decide to use the thing.

Ni: Is it okay to kill people to reach our goals though.
Te: If we mess up, we'll just learn from our mistakes. Its better to try than to do nothing.
Fe: of course it isn't! even criminals have a right to live! your going to end up with less people to enjoy the "perfect world"
Ni: Sidenote (I wouldn't kill criminals, at least not right away. there are more important things to get done, politicians and such.)
Fi: You'll be violating your ideals. They are the only thing that is really important. don't throw them away to achieve some silly goal.
Fe: That's selfish. If it comes down to it, we should sacrifice ourself for the greater good.
Si: according to the rules, the human who uses the deatnote will go to neither heaven nor hell
Te: that means by using the deathnote, we miss out on an opportunity for infinite gain. Any infinite amount of gain, wouldn't be worth it.
Ni: sidenote (darn I was thinking about keeping it around for self-defense.) there are some things in deathnote suggesting that all humans go to the void, that heaven and hell do not exist.
Si: near the end, it is not only suggested but stated.
Ti: Then what is up with the rule that the user of the deathnote goes to the void. Isn't that redundant. I smell inconsistency in this series.
Ni: to what extent are the rules going to be applied to the real world? should I assume it is going to be exactly like it is in death note or will rules like this be ignored?
Te: we need the rules to be more clearly defined before we can answer this question.
Ni: It's just a hypothetical question, so we'll choose a possible outcome and then work with it.
Ti: If all humans do go to the void, then do we know this or not.
Ni: We'll assume this is very much the same world. We've watched deathnote so we know all this sort of stuff.
Te: Wouldn't you just think the notebook was fake when you found it then, a toy?
Ni: *thinks about assuming "no"* perhaps, but we'd find out soon enough, either when we decided to use it, or when the shinigami showed up.
Te: If we didn't decide to use it, we'd keep it around just to see if the shinigami showed up, so yes.
Fi: I think I'd destroy it, even if it were fake it's kinda scary.

Ni: *getting back to the point* so assuming all of this what do I do?
Fi: don't do it! it violates your principles.
Te: If there's no heaven and hell, you might as well. aren't those values there for getting you that goal
Ne: lol, angel on one shoulder, devil on the other.
Ni: what is really important, creating a perfect world or following your own ideals? what is the goal?
Fe: The perfect world, a place of harmony where everyone can be happy.
Fi: That happiness would only be superficial, forcing your values on the world isn't the answer. If perfection exists at all, it has to come from within, no from changing the world or it will be fake.
Ni: Hey remember in the second book of the dark tower series, Roland thought that arriving at the tower as a monstor would be useless. He decided to keep his heart becuase it was necessary to reach his goal, they were really one in the same.
Ti: that's bull, Ni. You could keep just the part of your heart that is necessary to achieve your goal.
Si: that's not how it's been shown to work, that's the kind of hubris that will cause you to fall.
Te: It is true that we don't fully understand the theory in order to determine what would happen to our psyche in that situation.
Ni: Si's is the best theory we got to go on.
Fi: You can't create a perfect world by such means. The evil methods that you use would make it imperfect itself.
Se: It is true that you would still be around, still implementing those methods after the perfect world was complete.
Ni: So, I'd be trading one type of evil for another
Fe: and at the expense of many lives.
Ni: It's just like with war. I'm gonna have to side with Fi.
Ne: I told you the Geass would be better. Plus they have pizza hut.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
Type: ENTP
Functions: Ne - Ti - Fe - Fi - Te - Ni - Se - Si
Situation: There is a girl who is very interested in me, and we are casually dating. I, however, don't really like her. True story.

Ne: Let's just keep looking. There are plenty of other fish in the sea.
Ti: Actually, there is a very small percentage of available fish left in this sea.
Te: Why don't we just keep her around until something better presents itself. Get our money's worth.
Fi: I can't believe you just suggested that! How could you even consider stooping so low? We have our integrity to think about.
Fe: Yeah, we don't want people to think we're a bad person.
Ne: We're charming enough to make everyone forget about our indiscretions. I say we reserve judgment and just see where this leads.
Ti: Didn't you just say you wanted to keep looking?
Ne: Can't I change my mind?
Te: Not when we're trying to make a decision.
Se: I vote no. I want someone who's hot, and she is definitely NOT.
Ne high-fives Se.
Fi: I can't listen to this right now!
Si: ...Remember what ***** did to us?...
Fe-Fi: We don't want that to happen to anyone else.
Ni: We should be waiting for our ideal girl, not settling for mediocrity.
Ne: *sigh* Wouldn't it be so nice to have someone who loved us, like in the fairy tales? And the sun would shine all day and the flowers would sing?
Ti: What the fuck?
Te: Yeah, seriously.
Ne: I'm just saying it would be nice.
Si: Maybe this girl could be a nice, stable change for us. We've been looking for someone to ground us, haven't we?
Se: Yeah...but she's not hot.
Fi: Personality is what matters most.
Se: Not in bed.
Si: This is stressing me out. We've never gone through anything like this before. *cries*
Ti: None of you are helping the situation.
Te: Oh, and you are?
Ti: Yes. We need to look at this logically. If we don't take action, we could end up with a girl we don't want. If we dump her, we'll be alone.
Ne: This is getting old. I'm bored of this whole conversation already. I say Fi gets to break the tie.
Ti: What? First of all, what gives you the right? And second of all, why in the world would we let Fi decide when I'm second-in-command? I'm the one that does all the work around here.
Ne: Because I'm the boss, and deciding with Fi is quick and easy. You take too long. So, what'll it be?
Fi: I say we let her go and move on.
Ne: It's settled, then. We break her heart.
Fe: Gently, though.
Ne: Of course....We're still besties, though, right Ti?
Ti: Obviously... As long as I get to coordinate our outfit tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
ISFJ I'm not certain of my function order so I'll leave it typical

Actually in the order I most relate to ish...

Si: *Subconscious voice* Oh that guy wont want to talk to you, think of how shy you have been all those times before.

Fe: Just smile at him, he feels like such a nice guy, and he had the decency to talk to you, and sounds so nervous.

Ne: Don't look like that, you'll get taken into a conversation and your mind will start going haywires and he'll think you're strange, or debilitated, and you'll not want to talk to him any more because it's too awkward but he started talking to you and you can't just back out like that it'd be impoilte and you'd never be able to find an opening point to say good bye and what could you possibly talk about to him, you don't know the guy, what if he's really nasty? What if he only smiled to humour you, or because he was just trying to make communication *it goes on*

Ni: I wonder why he smiled...*ponders a story in which he turns out to be a very important life changing character, suggested in subtle signs given throughout the experience*

Se: But he's so attractive...look at the way he shaves and does his hair, and how he's possitioning himself.

Ti: Smiling like that is gonna make him think you're some whore or freak, think it through. Be cooler next time.

Fi: You shouldn't have smiled, you'll only let him down, you should have just not reacted from the start without suggesting anything you didn't mean and he could interpret the wrong way, ohh you're so tense, get away from him (I found this one difficult to interpret)

Te: *Feeble but loud enough to be guilt rendering* this is really a waste of your time, and your parents time, go water the flowers! Go finish in time to do work!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Te: Ok, lets see here. We have a problem here. I need to solve it. Should be fairly easy.
Ni: Yeah.
Te: So first we do this, then this.
Ni: *Jumping from conclusion to conslusion based on very vague logical connections* (I know what is going on, I just cannot find the words to explain it).
Te: Great solution. Now lets confirm it by backtracking it from the answer.
Nice. It worked.
Fi: I am so awesome.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.