Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
ENTP

Ne: Look at all the answers to this problem!
Ti: Actually, Ne, very few of those answers will work. Only x, y, and z are valid.
Ne: Why are those valid?
Ti: Because they all have property Q.
Ne: Property Q! That must apply to other problems as well! All solutions with property Q are correct!
Ti: Sort of. That rule only applies to problems in the latter half of the alphabet.
Ne: Yes! We got it! Now we can use this information to create an awesome group project!
Fe: But no one will go along with your ideas. People don't like you.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Dude, this is an utterly brilliant idea. Just one scenario?! I may have to come back for more! Because this totally isn't going to be long enough already...:tongue:

I'm an ENTP, so my functional order is Ne-Ti-Fe-Si (...although my Ti is often stronger than my Ne. It's a constant battle, which is often entertaining in and of itself.).

Hmmm...a situation, eh? I'll take you through my process of seeing a guy, liking him, dating him, breaking up with him...the WHOLE deal. This should be fun.

Ne: Hey. That dude seems like a good prospect. I'll bet we'll date him someday. I can see it now...
Ti: Hold up. Is he actually intelligent? Suitably quiet and detached? Reasonably tall? Will we have anything to talk about? Would he ever be interested? But seriously...does he fit all of the criteria?
Fe: Who cares? Until we find out, we've got to get a sense for how he's feeling and go from there.
Si: No, no, no. You know what happened last time.
Ne: Shut up, Si. No one likes you.
Si: *runs away crying, never to return until it's too late...*
Ne: Now that the pest is gone, let's get back to business. Can't you guys just imagine how great it would be? How can we resist an opportunity like this? I just know it'll be great!
Ti: Si was right. Time to put on the brakes. Think about it: he falls in the same category as the last one. Great as it was at the beginning, he just didn't fit all of the requirements in the end.
Fe: Well, while you guys are figuring it out, we really ought to act agreeable and try to be attractive to him just in case, no?
Ne: I agree. Ti, why you gotta be like that? If this works out, who cares about the struggles that happen in the meantime? There are so many possibilities!
Ti: But he's socially retarded. We deserve better.
Ne: Awww, but it's so much more challenging and fun that way!
Ti: We've got better things to do. Logically speaking, this is just not a worthy investment of our time.
Ne: Fuck you. I'm going to write him a love note, filled with flowery creativity to express our love...
Ti: Fine, but only if you let me add in some logical, clever quips that more directly approach the matter instead of just scaring him away with your weirdness.
Fe: And I'll edit it to cut out anything that I think might have a negative effect on the situation! I can't just let you speak your mind, Ne. You'll make him think we're some sort of psycho Care Bear. And Ti...you'll make him think we're some sort of sociopath.
Ne and Ti: True dat.

(note is given; guy acts stupid and evasive)

Ne: Well, shoot. Didn't see that coming.
Ti: Oh, put a sock in it! If you didn't kick out Si like you always do...
Ne: It's okay! Our boy will come around eventually! In the meantime, let's just focus on what might be! At the moment, he hasn't said no, so I'm just going to assume it'll be an eventual yes.
Ti: Now he's ignoring us again. Not good.
Ne: Oh, no! This means it's probably not going to work out! Time to go into a mini-depression...
Fe: Let's give him some space to sort out his feelings. Clearly, he's just confused.
Ti: What the heck? He's talking to us again. Playfully. Mixed signals = does not compute! Rarg!!
Ne: Ooh! He's being nice! That means it could still happen -- I'm happy again!
Fe: Now he's ignoring us again. Give him more space.
Ne: *another mini-depression*

(the cycle continues several times until finally a relationship somehow happens)

Ne: This is going just GREAT! I'll bet we're going to get MARRIED!
Ti: Most of the criteria are fulfilled, but what about--
Ne: NO! SHUT UP! HE'LL GET BETTER EVENTUALLY!
Fe: For now, we can accommodate him. Relationships don't come without sacrifice, right?
Ne: Right! In the name of the future! He's "The One" and stuff!
Ti: There ain't no such thing, and something's not right. We should talk to him about it.

(the talk goes badly)

Ti: Boys are stupid. Why do we keep on subjecting ourselves to this?
Ne: It'll get better! It'll get better!
Fe: We should apologize....I hate having people angry with us.
Ti: But we didn't do anything wrong. He's the one being dumb!
Ne: He'll come around eventually, I just know it!

(he doesn't; relationship must eventually end for the good of all parties involved)

Ne: NOOOO! I'LL NEVER LOVE AGAIN!
Ti: It wasn't meant to be. Just think about all of the flaws in the relatio--
Ne: WAAAAAHHHHH!!! COME BACK! I'LL DIE WITHOUT YOUUU! WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GET MARRIED!
Fe: We should totally try to get him back. You know -- pretend it was all our fault. Confess our undying love. Beg. Plead.

(several humiliating reconciliation attempts later, it's totally done)

Ne: *sniffle* Hmmm...you know, that was--
Si: ...exactly like last time? And exactly like everyone you know was warning you it would be? You don't say.
Ti: We're fine. We survived without him before -- we can do it now.
Si: You should really listen to me more often, so you stop doing this again, and again, and again, and--
Ne: Ti, you're right! The future is bright! There are a million BAZILLION new prospects out there, just waiting to be explored! Hooray!
Ti: All things considered, I think it would be best to stay alone for a while. You know -- remember what the important things are in life.
Ne: I still miss him and wonder what we could have had, but -- hey, look at that guy! He seems like a good prospect!
Fe: Time to break out the boy-catching tactics! Yeehaw!
Ti: Aw, fuck.
Si: I'm out.

So, basically, this is my life in a nutshell.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Fe: :D
Fe: :S
Fe: :.(
Fe: :|
Fe: :O
Fe: :)

Ti: What's with Fe?
Si: He going crazy again?
Ne: That girl probably just reminded him of you-know-who.
Fe: :.(
Si: Right, Ne, or maybe you just intrigued him with all the possibilites of the history that a piece of roadside garbage might have again.
Ne: Oh that time was awesome... It makes me think of that one awesome sunset we saw once in the middle of the adriatic...
Fe: THE WHOLE WORLD WAS ORANGE :D :O
Ti: Here we go again...
Ne: And remember when that firefighter plane flew over us just after taking off? Dripped seawater all over us.
Fe: :O
Ne: But those fires that year were really bad, that whole pine forest burned down.
Fe: I loved those forests. :(
Ne: Yeah they always made me think of-
Ti: Enough already! Argh!
Everyone: ......
Si: You think our boat got overhauled yet? Last I heard it was still out on land.
Ne: Ooh, remember how good the ice cream is on that one little island we always go to?
Ti: *sigh*

(I'd show more examples of Ti, but it's my core and I don't even notice using it most of the time. I see the others who posted also have this problem, with making their primary function a stand-in for themselves.

I usually notice how the other functions cause dissonance in my mind, especially Fe. I notice Fe a lot these days, since I've been reading about it and considering it recently.)

·
Banned
167 Posts
Such a brilliant idea. Here is a contribution:

Te: I have arrived at Panera Bread like we planned. Status?
Se: I cannot see her here…
Ne: She must be running late; she will show up eventually. Let us look around
Ti: This would be easier if we picked her up from her house instead of agreeing to meet here. Why would she want to make it complicated?
Ni: I am guessing she arranged it this way because she barely knows us, she would want to keep her options open. In case an “emergency” came up, right Si?
Si: I know all too well about that…
Se: Hey Ne just wanted to tell you that I thought it was awesome how you got her number. You are awesome you smooth bastard
Ne: Thank you! No argument there!
Fe: (frowns)
Ne: (recovering) although I should give Fe some credit for polishing the rough edges!
Fe: Thanks. I guess some kind of recognition is better than none…
Te: Anyways while we wait let’s draw a strategic plan about the sort of conversation that we want to lead her into. First we must-
Ne: Wow, Te there you go again killing the mood, again! Just relax buddy enjoy the ride
Si: Yeah Te you are responsible for those awkward moments in the past!
Te: You, fools! When you listen to me? Things don’t just “fall into place.” We must plan so that we may outsmart our enemies. Throw this go with flow attitude to the back burner!
Ti: This going with the flow attitude actually produces results without the constant planning and feeling of hypocrisy.
Ni: Many women are intuitive enough to tap into this deception and will judge you as duplicitous
Ne: What everybody is trying to say, Te, is that we have a system going right now; if you don’t like it you can just get out…
Te: You ingrates! Do you think that you can run effectively without me?
Ne: I am willing to bet that Ti will have no problem running you side of town effectively.
Te: … Alright… I see how it is now. I’ll go look at the menu and compare prices before that robot takes over my job…
Ti: Better than a dictator wanna be…
Fe: Guys! We should be calling her; she might be lost.
Ti: That is unlikely considering the size of this town.
Fe: Well the show of concern should win us some points, anyways.
Se: No need I see her right now. Wow she looks great in that blue dress.
Ni: Light blue represents serenity and pensiveness. I like her already
Se:Would it be so terrible to start having impure thought? How do you think she looks naked, Ne?
Fi: (Ninja attack) for shame! Have some integrity. She deserves to be treated better! What a great smile; she looks genuinely nice.
Se: (nursing his wounds) I was hoping you were gone for good…
Ne: Alright, boys this is my time. Watch and learn, Si
Fe: Remember to smile but don’t make it look forced.
Ne: Yeah, Yeah

·
Banned
167 Posts
Dude, this is an utterly brilliant idea. Just one scenario?! I may have to come back for more! Because this totally isn't going to be long enough already...:tongue:

I'm an ENTP, so my functional order is Ne-Ti-Fe-Si (...although my Ti is often stronger than my Ne. It's a constant battle, which is often entertaining in and of itself.).

Hmmm...a situation, eh? I'll take you through my process of seeing a guy, liking him, dating him, breaking up with him...the WHOLE deal. This should be fun.

Bravo! Excellent portrayal of the ENTP relationship trap. Very truthful and entertaining :crazy:

·
Registered
406 Posts
deciding on quick lunch...
perhaps the fi is more ni???? though I test more inxp so ni shouldn't be in my vocabulary......

se= I am hungry
te= I should eat something
ne= but so many possibilities
si= no more fast food, please, home cooking?
te= but so much effort
ne- let's do homework
te= Ok, easypeasy
se= um, I'm still hungry here?
te= screw you, I run the show here, not you
si= this should satisfy the teacher
ti= logically coherent
te= gah, now I have to decide what to eat again!
ne= just go out of the house and gather possibilities
te/ti= ok. Let's go to xyz. satisfies all requirements
se= looks around for places to eat
fi= fuck ya'll we're eating HERE
te= oh.. ok

·
Registered
667 Posts
I'm a typical ENFP, Ne-Fi-Te-Si-Ni-Fe-Ti-Se

Why ENFPs are impulsive and awful with money:

Ne: "Ooh for this party tonight it would be awesome if I had an amazing dress and the evening played out like this...*imagines scenarios*"
Fi: "I want an amazing dress"
Ne: "I have a feeling there should be a shop somewhere around here.."
Si: "You shouldn't spend money, you don't have any."
Te: "Yes but if I just eat sandwiches for the rest of the week then I'll be able to stick to my budget"
Fi: "And and I really want this dress"
Se: "Oh, there's a shop..."
...... and that's that.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Disclaimer: I claim no accuracy to this. I did slightly exaggerate, but only slightly. Apologies for offensive language. My head is generally a scary place to be.

Laundry day becomes party night.
Te: Alright guys, we really need to be productive today! Let's start with the laundry!
Si: Agreed
Fi: I feel bad, I really don't wanna do anything, but write her a poem!
Ne: Mwahahah Poems, Poets, Edgar Allan Poe, Goths, Darkness, Saaaaatttaaaannn, arggghhhh
Te: What the...? What the hell was that?!?
Si: ....
Fi: Doesn't anyone care about how I feel?!?!?!
Ne: FEEL?!?!, Feelings, nothing more than feelings, trying to forget my feelings of love. Come on, feel the noise! Girls, rock your boys!
Fi: Oh my love, how I long for you.
Te: *sigh*
Si: haha Quiet Riot, his nephew used to love them.
Fi: I really want a hug. *sigh* Guess I'll hust have to hug myself. =(
Ne: Hugs?!? Straitjacket style! mwahahaha The Joker, The Noid, Dominoooos, Pizzzaaa, Cheese, Photogramaphy!
Te: STFU!!!! *locks Ne in the closet* Jeebus, wtf is wrong with that guy?!? He needs a straitjacket!!!
Fi: Why did you tell me to stfu? I wasn't doing anything. =( Why don't you guys care about me and my feelings?
Te: *waits for Ne* No? Thank Jeebus! Look, Fi, listen, work with me and Si. Let's do the laundry, and I'll hug you later. We'll even have a drink and talk about it, ok?
Ne: Drinks?!? Beer!, Whiskey!, Irish!, Four leaf clovers, Metallica - No Leaf Clover, Metalllll, RAWRRRR
Te: God damn it!
Fi: *cries* Stop fighting!!! OMGUH!
Te: *hits Ne with a bat and throws him back in the closet*
Si: .....
Te: There! Focus! Laundry!!!! RAWR!!!
Fi: Stop yelling at me!
Ne: Yell?!? Scream, holla at yo dawg!, Snoop doggy dogg, she just loved me for my doggy style! Whu??
Te: Oh, fuck it! *commits suicide*
Fi: OMG! Why?!?!
Ne: Suiiiiciiiide!, Gunshots, Death, Death Metal, Cannibal Corpse, Zombie Apocalypse, Brains, mwahahaha
Si: Uh...you guys have fun, I'm out.
Fi: GRRRR!!! Neeeee!! *grabs axe*
Ne: Oh shi...*runs*
Fe: haha You know, there's a reason everyone thinks he's crazy.
Se: Wall!
*smacks into wall*
Te: Ow, damn!
Fi: Te?!? Yay!!!
Ne: T to the E to the B to the A, rbie girl! I'm a barbie girl, in a barbie world, wrapped in plastic, it's fuggin fantastic!
Si: Come on Te, let's go party.
Ne: Ah, Ah, Ah, yayeah!
Te: Et tu, Si? Come on Fi, let's go have that drink and talk. What's the worst that could happen? This guy kills us? I'm not sure that would be so bad.
Fi: But I'm scared! Will you hold me?
Te: Uhhhh...sure.
Se: Partay! Parlay! Sex, drugs, and rock and roll!
Te: Without the sex, because of Fi. Hmmm...maybe I should lock him in the closet.
Fi: OMG! What?? Why?!? All I wanted was a hug and to write about my feelings!
Te: *muttering* I could lock him up and out of sight for a couple of hours, then we could do the damn thing.
Ne: *peels out* Things?!? Cousin it! Adam's Family, Adam's Apple, Anatomy, Grey's Anatomy, shitty sitcoms! ahahahaha
Fi: This was a bad idea! *cries*
Te: Shut up! We need to get laid. Then we can be reproductive!
Fi: Well, I do love kids...
Si: Yep, just another laundry day.

Totally true story.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Disclaimer: I claim no accuracy to this. I did slightly exaggerate, but only slightly. Apologies for offensive language. My head is generally a scary place to be.

Laundry day becomes party night.
Te: Alright guys, we really need to be productive today! Let's start with the laundry!
Si: Agreed
Fi: I feel bad, I really don't wanna do anything, but write her a poem!
Ne: Mwahahah Poems, Poets, Edgar Allan Poe, Goths, Darkness, Saaaaatttaaaannn, arggghhhh
Te: What the...? What the hell was that?!?
Fi: Doesn't anyone care about how I feel?!?!?!
Ne: FEEL?!?!, Feelings, nothing more than feelings, trying to forget my feelings of love. Come on, feel the noise! Girls, rock your boys!
Fi: Oh my love, how I long for you.
Te: *sigh*
Si: haha Quiet Riot, his nephew used to love them.
Fi: I really want a hug. *sigh* Guess I'll hust have to hug myself. =(
Ne: Hugs?!? Straitjacket style! mwahahaha The Joker, The Noid, Dominoooos, Pizzzaaa, Cheese, Photogramaphy!
Te: STFU!!!! *locks Ne in the closet* Jeebus, wtf is wrong with that guy?!? He needs a straitjacket!!!
Fi: Why did you tell me to stfu? I wasn't doing anything. =( Why don't you guys care about me and my feelings?
Te: *waits for Ne* No? Thank Jeebus! Look, Fi, listen, work with me and Si. Let's do the laundry, and I'll hug you later. We'll even have a drink and talk about it, ok?
Ne: Drinks?!? Beer!, Whiskey!, Irish!, Four leaf clovers, Metallica - No Leaf Clover, Metalllll, RAWRRRR
Te: God damn it!
Fi: *cries* Stop fighting!!! OMGUH!
Te: *hits Ne with a bat and throws him back in the closet*
Si: .....
Te: There! Focus! Laundry!!!! RAWR!!!
Fi: Stop yelling at me!
Ne: Yell?!? Scream, holla at yo dawg!, Snoop doggy dogg, she just loved me for my doggy style! Whu??
Te: Oh, fuck it! *commits suicide*
Fi: OMG! Why?!?!
Ne: Suiiiiciiiide!, Gunshots, Death, Death Metal, Cannibal Corpse, Zombie Apocalypse, Brains, mwahahaha
Si: Uh...you guys have fun, I'm out.
Fi: GRRRR!!! Neeeee!! *grabs axe*
Ne: Oh shi...*runs*
Fe: haha You know, there's a reason everyone thinks he's crazy.
Se: Wall!
*smacks into wall*
Te: Ow, damn!
Fi: Te?!? Yay!!!
Ne: T to the E to the B to the A, rbie girl! I'm a barbie girl, in a barbie world, wrapped in plastic, it's fuggin fantastic!
Si: Come on Te, let's go party.
Ne: Ah, Ah, Ah, yayeah!
Te: Et tu, Si? Come on Fi, let's go have that drink and talk. What's the worst that could happen? This guy kills us? I'm not sure that would be so bad.
Fi: But I'm scared! Will you hold me?
Te: Uhhhh...sure.
Se: Partay! Parlay! Sex, drugs, and rock and roll!
Te: Without the sex, because of Fi. Hmmm...maybe I should lock him in the closet.
Fi: OMG! What?? Why?!? All I wanted was a hug and to write about my feelings!
Te: *muttering* I could lock him up and out of sight for a couple of hours, then we could do the damn thing.
Ne: *peels out* Things?!? Cousin it! Adam's Family, Adam's Apple, Anatomy, Grey's Anatomy, shitty sitcoms! ahahahaha
Fi: This was a bad idea! *cries*
Te: Shut up! We need to get laid. Then we can be reproductive!
Fi: Well, I do love kids...
Si: Yep, just another laundry day.

Totally true story.
I don't even know how to give you kudos enough for so excellently describing the constant dialogue in my head. Brilliant. :happy:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
[Story time] Fi's peak-out: existential matters.

Me being nervous in an impressive interactive situation.
(Mostly Fi + a bit of Ne being a pain in the ass.)
-> I kind of engrossed it and made it seem very paranoid and lost. :crazy: cos I like dat. See title.

Te: Do it. Do it. Do it.
Fi: I don't want to. I don't want to. I don't want to.
Ni: Fi, the consequences to that attitude aren't pretty.
Te: *sigh* She's such a pussy isn't she.
Ne: I'm not sure about that! Haha! *Babbles*
Ti: ...Define "pretty".
Te/Si: Stop questioning fundamental things at the wrong time like you always do.
Ti/Se: THIS IS SO FUNNY.
Si: Yup, she always does this.
Fi: It's becoming sad. I don't want this anymore.
Ni: It doesn't have to be this way. Just look at it differently. You'll see. It'll come together.
Ne: But what if ...*babbles*...?
Te: You're making this process lag instead of doing what needs to be done next. Drop it and follow your order.
Fe: Please?
Fi: *Doesn't understand itself*
Ne: Are you sure it's lagging? It could also be progressing! Who knows where this attitude could take her. *Babbles on*
Se: You're stretching time.
Si: Again. zzzzzzz
Fe: You may have made the other party wonder and feel bad due to a lack of response.
Ne: Lol. Really?
Ni: Ne, that's not helping.
Ti/Te: ...You do actually need to have a concise response for this to work out. *Ponder, ponder* OH COME ON.
Ni: You KNOW this.
Fi: Who cares. I need to be true.
Te: You also need to get your head out of your ass.
Ni: You'll never grow as you want to if you don't do it.
Ne: Maybe we were right the first time then? (That shit's) bananas.
Ne/Fi: Hunger? I do feel hungry actually.
Te: FFS... Bringing that up at this time is really ineffective.
Ni/Fe: (You'll be able to eat later. Stop worrying now babe.)
Si: We mostly are right the first time, yes.
Ni: I always am!
Te: Shut up.
Ni: *Knows it's time.*
Se: *Moves into action. Does a kick-ass thing.*
Ni: I knew it. I just did.
Fi: I feel nice now... YAY! I'm still hungry tho.
Te: You're such an obstacle. We could do without you.
Ti/Ne: Oh, could we?

DUDUDUM

And then Te + Fi made peace and found a better way. Ni and Se were content as always. Ne calmed down. Ti resorted to analyzing what happened. Si sighed. Fe continued its quest for world peace, aside from this story.

[The end]

Just wanted to add this is mostly autobiographical fiction. :p

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
From what I've read here:

- Everyone's Te and Ti seem to bicker a little and fight for dominance.

- Everyone' Fe wants to be liked and cares what others think.

- Everyone's Ne is completely random and ditzy.

- Everyone's Se is a shallow dick.

- Everyone's Fi is an emo.

- Everyone's Si just buts in every now and again to recall things that happened in the past, comparing it to now.

·
MOTM February 2014
4,781 Posts
From what I've read here:

- Everyone's Te and Ti seem to bicker a little and fight for dominance.

- Everyone' Fe wants to be liked and cares what others think.

- Everyone's Ne is completely random and ditzy.

- Everyone's Se is a shallow dick.

- Everyone's Fi is an emo.

- Everyone's Si just buts in every now and again to recall things that happened in the past, comparing it to now.
In keeping with the whole "individual voices" fantasy we have going:

I think my Te is near the only way I get things done or fulfill obligations (among other things). And Ne is what happens when I get really hyper or a random idea/observation. I feel sorry for Si... The whole cookie fiasco I wrote was totally true. I've even hurt myself more than once when Si went, "You shouldn't do that..." but my Te wanted results and my Fi just followed along because it really wanted whatever it was.

I'd be really interested in a situation played out by SJ's. Especially ISJ's with their Si-dominance. Would be neat to see how their Si "controlled" the situation.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
In keeping with the whole "individual voices" fantasy we have going:

I think my Te is near the only way I get things done or fulfill obligations (among other things). And Ne is what happens when I get really hyper or a random idea/observation. I feel sorry for Si... The whole cookie fiasco I wrote was totally true. I've even hurt myself more than once when Si went, "You shouldn't do that..." but my Te wanted results and my Fi just followed along because it really wanted whatever it was.

I'd be really interested in a situation played out by SJ's. Especially ISJ's with their Si-dominance. Would be neat to see how their Si "controlled" the situation.
I want to see how dominant Si and supporting Fe communicate especially.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
The way I voiced my functions was to make Ne the leader (as a representative of me), but a leader that doesn't pay attention half the time and annoys the hell out of everyone else. Ti and Te will either gang up against Fe and Fi or butt heads, depending on the topic. Ne and Ti are best friends but don't always get along. Fi tries be buddies with Ne, and Ti does what he can to sabotage Fi's efforts. Si is the downer who reminds everyone of bad things that happened in the past, and he has a lot of panic attacks. Se is a superficial horn dog who usually sides with Ne. And Ni mostly observes and reminds everyone of our idealistic goals. Okay, maybe that's more like a soap opera than the way I think. But you catch my drift.

Bravo! Excellent portrayal of the ENTP relationship trap. Very truthful and entertaining :crazy:
I second that. Stupid ENTP relationship trap.... they make it all shiny and appealing and then trick us.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I want to see how dominant Si and supporting Fe communicate especially.

It's really not a full picture without all the functions working as a whole if you ask me.

But I figure...sense of duty (general sense of 'duty')/meekness. Si: Look back, compare; consider things retrospectively, Fe look out, consider/feel, consider those things present and outside you in a more reactive fashion;reacting to events as they come. Also I've read it mentioned a few times that Fe is about how you fit into the world, not so much the world into your own values; harmony, though keeping the peace is external organizing in a way.

Si as more...I don't know, Like Ne of the past, slower, quieter, less...constant, retrospective, a bit like claws digging in at the worst of times, and gentle threads back/an anchor at the best. It requires a bit of self-consciousness for both storing and comparing. Fe is being connected to harmony/dischord; vulnerable to frequencies.

Fe as more...exchange, tempered by Si - being drawn from direct connection/exchange. Si focused on Fe related matters.

Si: Cold duty pushing Fe: Warm duty pulling.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I wish I was able to differentiate my cognitive functions as well. Sadly it's usually a case of -

Ne : This!
Fi : Good/Not Good *

*Note : There are 10000000000000000 shades of good and not good *
* Note : 'Good' and 'Not good' are articulated approximations of the inarticulate

·
Registered
520 Posts
This thread is helping me understand most of the functions so well! I'll give it a shot.

Scenario: Going to an awards ceremony. (INFP)

Ne: I wonder what'll happen *blathers about possibilities* ... or my dress could rip while I'm on stage....
Fi: Wait, what? I don't want that to happen! I'm nervous now.
Ti: Guys, calm down. The likelihood that will happen is about 1 to a million.
Si: You've worn this dress lots of times before, and it's never happened.
Ne: *blathers in the background* I wonder if so-and-so will be there...
Se: He's so cute!
Fe: I don't want him to see me in a ripped dress! That's really embarrassing.
Te: If the dress rips, you can wear your sweater around your waist so no one will notice.
Ni: It might not look that great though.
Ti: It's better than the alternative.
Fi: I'm still really nervous.
Ne: Lots of bad things could happen.
Ti: Shut up, don't get her worked up - most likely, good things will happen.
Ni: I can see myself now...
Fi: Nervous nervous nervous.... *refuses to listen to Ti*

·
Registered
85 Posts
INTP: Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Ni>Fe>Se=Si
Hypotheical and somewhat Generalized Situation: Problem occurs between two mutual friends (Alice and Bob).
Ne: Something’s amiss…
Se: Just saw it on Facebook: Alice and Bob recently both expressed mutual dislike for one another after a conversation on the election where they took opposite sides.
Si: Last I checked, they were such good friends. What happened?
Ti: Hrmm… this posits a problem in the social sphere… (starts writing on the white board)
Ni: I bet it has to do with Bob opening his big mouth again. I can’t see him navigate a hot-button topic with any grace.
Fe: Aww, I hate to see them like that. We need to get a party together and show them how much they…
Ti: Guys, shut up, I’m on this. The issue at hand is based on the opinion of immigration. You see, Alice…
Fi: Is so WRONG…
Ti: Well, not necessarily, She raises a good point on the current legislation in Arizona, where…
Te: Does it matter? Are we going to solve the illegal immigration problem so that they can get back together?
Ne: Oh, that would be so badass! We should totally do that!
Fe: Yeah! But we gotta make sure that everybody is happy with it.
Te: It was a rhetorical question, you numbskulls. Anyway, let’s get a solution underway now…
Ti: Excuse me, but I still think we need to explore the topic further in order to determine the right position and convince the other person that they should change their opinion. That way, both are on the same page and the problem is solved.
Ne: Yeah!
Ti: Thank you.
Ne: And we could use that fame we get for solving immigration to promote our new invention that will solve the energy crisis!
Ti: Wait, what invention?
Ne: You know, the one with the magnets and shit I was talking about a few weeks ago.
Te: It’s highly impractical.
Ti: Not to mention impossible.
Si: And it uses technology that’s still in its infancy.
Ne: Quit hating! All we have to do is use those monopoles to…
Si: Which haven’t been invented.
Ti: Did I mention theoretically impossible? Also, your generator violates at least two Laws of Thermodynamics…
Ni: Wait, when did we move from Alice and Bob to inventions? Stay focused!
Fe: (crying) Guys, stop it! You’re all fighting…
Ti & Te: Debating…
Fe: …like Alice and Bob! Here, everybody get some cake. You can’t talk if cake is in your mouth.
Fi: I love cake!
Se: Dude, it’s delicious. I like the fudge with some coconut with just the subtlest hint of banana.
Ne: Oh we could totally make a strawberry-fudge-caramel-bacon-almond-carrot cake!
Ti: Theoretically, the combination of bacon and fudge would work since the chocolate covered bacon we had at Eve’s was so good.
Si: No, it was an unholy abomination.
Fe: How dare you say that about her cooking? She’s so nice and puts so much work into it!
(Ti, Ne, Si and Fe continue talking about food)
Ni: Anybody planning to solve the Alice and Bob problem? I mean, it’s so patently obvious that the whole thing is really a cover for their growing sexual tension, which I can see popping in two, three weeks max when they will inevitably make up at her place, where there’s plenty of booze.
Te: (puts arm over Ni’s shoulder) Ignore them, they’ll only slow us down. Here’s my idea…

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.