Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thank you for your advice. Both are very helpful. I just wish I could read her mind becasue she does not say anything or maybe I am just missing it. ISFJ's are wonderful beings!!! Just sometimes confusing!!!!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
"She appreciates me and wishes to never lose our friendship. She says she doesn't want to jeopardize the friendship over a relationship that might not work. So unfair because why not. "

Just because you want it a lot doesn't mean she does, her partner died.. that is a big blow to the heart. She would no doubt have fears and concerns about opening her heart to another so soon and so easily.
I'd say just step back and let her go about her business..respect her wishes.
Six months isn't that long even after 12 months one can still be affected too much by it. Though everyone is different if you ask me I'd say just let her come to you. Sure casually in passing tell her that you're just a phone call away without pushing it but maybe some space could be good. I'm pretty sure jumping back into a relationship would not be at the top of her to-do list.
And if she did out of pressure like she said it could ruin a valuable friendship. Good luck! ^___^

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Hiccups could be right with the waiting part. Do you think she needs more time?

She says she doesn't want to jeopardize the friendship over a relationship that might not work.
I personally think it's worth the shot. It's better to try love and fail than to never give it a shot. Even if it fails you could still be friends, I think your friendship would weaken more from a once-a-month call than a failed relationship between two mature adults.

I'd love to help but I don't know how to.. :/

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Personally regrets and decisions can span years. If I lost the love of my life it'd take alot longer than six months for me to get over it, I don't think I ever would - doesn't mean to say I couldn't do other things, however, I know when I rush big decisions - if I feel pressured and pushed into a corner I tend to act blind and do stupid things. I don't know about her, but six months of mourning is hardly odd.

Try watching the series Six feet under.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts