Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a stupid question. I don't know if it is possible to dramatically increase the strength of a particular function, but Fi has been getting me down! The most effective way to lift my depression seems to be through the extensive use of Ne. However, just when I feel like I'm pulling it together, bad feelings seem to rear their ugly heads and drag me down. My Ne gets so tired from constantly trying to pull me up!

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Light warm-ups consisting of writing haiku poems (roughly 3 sets of 3 haiku).

Ne Curls:
1 set of each
Find 40 uses for a paperclip (5 mins)
Find 50 uses for a nail file (4 mins)
Find 60 uses for a Screw (4 mins)

Ne Lunges:
2 sets of each
Play with legos for 10 mins
Compose a symphony in Binary (30 mins-Life)

Ne Squats:
2 sets of each
Come up with at least 30 "yo momma" jokes in 5 mins.
Create a pyramid scheme and raise 30 dollars for breast-cancer awareness (1 hr)

Watch the movie Thank you for Smoking until stiff.

Repeat this regime daily, with no rest and your Ne will be showing in bout treefiddy days.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Ne Curls:
1 set of each

Ne Lunges:
2 sets of each

Ne Squats:
2 sets of each

Repeat this regime daily, with no rest and your Ne will be showing in bout treefiddy days.
This is like the P90x of Ne workouts, or the PtreefiddyX of Ne workouts.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
This might be a stupid question. I don't know if it is possible to dramatically increase the strength of a particular function, but Fi has been getting me down! The most effective way to lift my depression seems to be through the extensive use of Ne. However, just when I feel like I'm pulling it together, bad feelings seem to rear their ugly heads and drag me down. My Ne gets so tired from constantly trying to pull me up!
It develops more with age. I've also always found that being around people using alot of Ne brings it out in me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is Ne actually doing? What is Fi doing? The cognitive functions themselves are just sitting there, fat, dumb and happy. It's you who puts them to use and assigns them roles, in either good or bad ways.
My question is really quite theoretical. I wasn't looking for step-by-step instructions lol.

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
Get your hands on a copy of ”8 Keys to Self-Leadership: From Awareness To Action” by Dario Nardi. The book allows you to assess how much you are currently using a particular function-attitude (almost none to advanced) then provide exercises to develop that function-attitude based on your current use.

For example someone who has no use of Ne, Dario Nardi suggests ways to begin noticing patterns by observing your environment, then gives you ideas on how to consider how two objects might be related; followed by how you will link the patterns to other situations and keep asking “what-ifs”.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Haha that's what I was thinking. I'm I incorrect in assuming sleep should be kept to a minimum as well? After all, who needs sleep when there's coffee and crystal meth.
I think you are mixing it up a bit, it's after Ne takes over that you start "forgetting" to sleep......

But sure you could try missing a night of sleep first to see if it snaps you out of your current type patterns and speeds up the process.

Oh, and the workout: Don't

nothing.

Did you click the spoiler tag? 50 points.

Do you "get" me, especially if it's in more than one way, and not get all cynical about it? 992.5 points.

Do you now have the sudden urge to look up something, make a cheeky comment back, and/or go on some indescribable recreating rampage?

Then what are you doing still in this class? You are well on your way....

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
***RANT MODE ON***

All the functions are equally strong, how they differ is whether you use them consciously or unconsciously. Your Dominant and Auxiliary functions are essentially your "ego", the filter with which you personally percieve and organize the world in your mind. The Tertiary and Inferior functions are repressed and are only visible in obsessions, compulsions, and projections.

***RANT MODE OFF***

Depression is a medical problem that has nothing to do with type, get psychiatric help.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts

Ne Curls:
1 set of each

Ne Lunges:
2 sets of each

Ne Squats:
2 sets of each

And this is why I like you people.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I understand Ne to be a mode of perception with its input wired to the outside world via the 5 senses.
As far as I can tell, the process of intuitive perception involves some real-time pre-processing of the real world data coming in from those 5 senses.

This pre-processing takes various forms. Pattern recognition for example. 'seeing' connection between people, events, separate data items insignificant on their own but potentially a component in some large perceived pattern. The pre-processing also supports the generation of multiple, concurrent "What if?" scenarios, experienced as the ability to see a pattern and to be able to extrapolate future states of the pattern when various components are altered. None of these abstract things being perceived have any physical reality, they are entities literally created by the process of intuitive perception. YMMD.

As an INFP I'm advised to develop Ne- this I enjoy doing totally and wholeheartedly. It brings balance. My Ne gets exhaustively exercised as a side effect of me being a compulsive photo taker and scribbler :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts