Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how weed affects INFP's. I usually become energetic and extroverted in the first 15 minutes. I become very peaceful but hate my messy flat when high. Always want to clean up although i'm not capable of doing it. Pot brings me back when i was a kid. I cease my nostalgy with it. The next day i feel relaxed and very very open-minded but rather quiet and not very good at sports for half a day. How does it affect you? Try not to just write down usual weed effects but something that feels really interesting and/or different to you.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I've only tried it once but I started coughing and instantly gave it back to my friend. But it did give me with weird feeling that made me want to smile like an idiot but I kept hidden. I guess I was too much if a goody too shoes to keep smoking it and was afraid of getting caught. But now I'm curious to try again.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I've had several different experiences. I've gotten more outgoing and affectionate and felt like I loved everyone and that there couldn't possibly be anything bad in the world. I've gotten ridiculously horny, but there was only one particular person I wanted and he was in another city, so I felt like I was going to go insane. And the first time I tried eating it rather than smoking it, I started having all of these futuristic dream/vision sort of things, including one where I was a spy and my boss got information from me by putting flies on my eyelids and extracting the information from my brain and one where I was a member of some scorpion-worshipping cult that lived in the middle of the desert 6000 years from now. And then there was another experience that involved dancing on the sidewalk while trying to rap to Weather Report with my friends. But that also involved significant amounts of alcohol as well. (And no, I'm not someone who does weed all the time, it's just that the experiences I've had have been very memorable to me)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have had different experiences with smoking it.
- in a relaxing invironment - say, in an apartment with a couple of friends, I can get very tired. I usually fall asleep in these situations.
- in a social situation where I get stimulated, I become more social. Well you can say it's quite similar to alcohol - but for me alcohol keeps me energized for a longer period, while weed gives me a little boost but wears me out rather quickly.
- I've tried alcohol + weed and for a few minutes I was like: "MAN I'M SOOOO HAPPY AND I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY?!? AWESOME!!AWESOME!!AWESOME!!!" give it a few more minutes and I would be: "...eh, what have I done?? - why am I throwing up all over the place...why cant i walk strait?...where am I?...I don't want to die today...must-get-help..." <- all this in less than an hour - best high ever but even worser hangover - totally not worth it.

Basically weed makes me tired and relaxed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
In regards to marijuana and my usage, I simply become addicted to the experience of being high. It is like I have touched something so pure, and so fulfilling, that I must keep revisiting. Moreover, cannabis dissolves a local and personalistic perspective. It is as if it enhances my already introspective nature (and various other characteristics such as my creativity). Furthermore, each thought I think, and each sound I hear, etc., is experienced with profound epiphany. I can't even begin to describe this feeling. I could go on, but I think this should suffice.

·
Banned
573 Posts
High grade marijuana, I canNOT handle! Regular weed, I can benefit from and get that euphoria feeling if I am feeling comfortable enough, either by myself or with persons that I am comfortable being around. Other than that, my heartbeat always makes me paranoid and anxiety sometimes gets to me. :frustrating:

·
Registered
828 Posts
:O This is what makes me an ESTJ so different from you guys. I would never touch weed, because I know how destructive it is. To anyone who uses it and anyone near them. Have you ever thought of the underlying effects of your illegal drug use?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I become extremely introverted, sometimes to the point that it's very difficult to speak. It's like I become very conscious of every word I say and that I have to process it before saying it.

I also tend to venture into weird thoughts. I guess, I would describe it as your stereotypical high thoughts. But maybe even weirder because it intensifies my already weird INFP thoughts. I remember this time, I kept thinking about how humans are essentially apes, so I kept seeing emphasied ape-like features on people. So, it was as if we were a bunch of apes hanging out on sofas watching TV. And then I began thinking about how weird it would have been if we had evolved from different animals like cats. Then we would have been a bunch of cat people watching TV.

I haven't done weed in over a year, though. I used to live with a pothead roommate so once upon a time it was easy and convenient to do it. I've since move and now I don't know many people in this town. It's not something I crave really so I don't seek it out.

·
Registered
584 Posts
:O This is what makes me an ESTJ so different from you guys. I would never touch weed, because I know how destructive it is. To anyone who uses it and anyone near them. Have you ever thought of the underlying effects of your illegal drug use?
How is it destructive? What are your feelings toward alcohol?

Also, I'm sure there are plenty ESTJ who do weed on a regular basis.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
It's legal where I live for both medical and recreational use. I have a license for medical MJ.

Strains that are heavy on the sativa can sometimes enhance my anxiety in social situations. Indicas help a lot with being able to deal with chronic nerve pain in my head and neck and I can function adequately. Sports like running and skiing are wonderful with a little toke once in a while. I use very small doses. No more than one puff at a time and that lasts me for hours. I've never had a hangover, puked, or got the munchies from weed. I tend to be able to focus better than I can without it because it settles me down. But again, I use it only in minuscule doses.

·
Registered
828 Posts
How is it destructive? What are your feelings toward alcohol?

Also, I'm sure there are plenty ESTJ who do weed on a regular basis.
I'm pretty sure there are also. But I happen to be one that abhors the thought of it. I don't hate people who do it unless they are hurting someone else. But I do worry about it, because it is a destructive habit.

I do not like it when people get drunk. They look like imbeciles or they can become cruel monsters and hurt others around them. I am fine with maybe sipping wine with fine cheese or steak though.

Weed is destructive for the following reasons.

1. People who do weed usually also smoke and engage in other destructive behaviors. In addition, people who smoke weed are going to be more open to even more toxic drugs. And since weed is something that can become addicting, if a person relies on it too much then it can consume their lives. Affect the way the treat other people and put a strain on relationships. Also, poor memory and responsiveness is associated with marijuana use. People are just not the same when they are high.
2. Marijuana disrupts the immune system, and puts people at a higher risk for heart disease and lung cancer.
3. When you smoke weed, it directly affects the frontal lobe of your brain. The frontal lobe of your brain is very important. Everything from your motor skills, personality is controlled by the frontal lobe. Weed has been found and associated with various mental disorders because of it. It disrupts the chemical balance of your brain. Also, when people are under the influence of alcohol, they realize it somewhat. When a person is under the influence of marijuana, they do not consciously realize this at all. Their grades, life, work, and relationships could be going down the toilet and they would not notice.

Marijuana effects varies from person to person. Some people could feel nothing, some get super high happy, and some directly engage in destructive behavior after using it. Weed itself is destructive.

Reactions: ManWithoutHats

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
It really all depends on the strain.Sativa vs. Indica. Sativa generally can make me feel paranoid and/or too stuck in my head,I have to be careful with it and especially who I'm around.Indica is more of a body high,and I fucking love indica strains butaround here I find it harder to find which sucks.It makes me feel more relaxed and gives me that tingle all over your body high,and makes me extremely horny.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm pretty sure there are also. But I happen to be one that abhors the thought of it. I don't hate people who do it unless they are hurting someone else. But I do worry about it, because it is a destructive habit.
There is a lot of misinformation about marijuana. And there is scientific research to back that up. A lot of the mis-truths is propagated by the war on drugs. Even the first report on marijuana that was comissioned by Richard Nixon in the late 1960s/early 1970s showed that marijuana was not addictive and posed little harm to individuals who consumed it. But the report was completely ignored and Nixon went on to declare war on drugs and enacted an international agreement, pressuring other countries to adopt their sanction.

Only now, are people realizing how much of a failure the war on drugs has been, nationally and internationally. And research that shows the benefits of medicinal marijuana, which was largely suppressed, has begun to surface.

Weed is destructive for the following reasons.

1. People who do weed usually also smoke and engage in other destructive behaviors. In addition, people who smoke weed are going to be more open to even more toxic drugs. And since weed is something that can become addicting, if a person relies on it too much then it can consume their lives. Affect the way the treat other people and put a strain on relationships. Also, poor memory and responsiveness is associated with marijuana use. People are just not the same when they are high.
The gateway drug theory is in fact false. Marijuana does not lead to harder drugs. People who are willing to take harder drugs were willing to do so, regardless of the fact that they also experimented with marijuana. This has been observed time and time again in countries that have decriminalized marijuana, such as the Netherlands and Portugal. Hard drug use did not go up in both those countries following the decriminalization of marijuana.

I've tried weed, but I would never do cocaine or heroin or anything like that. I know many people who do weed, and none of these people do hard drugs.

If anything, alcohol is the gateway drug. Alcohol impedes your judgement and makes you more impulsive, therefore less likely to think about consequences. When I have been on weed, I am everything but impulsive. In fact, it was the opposite, everything I did was very consciously thought of.

If there is any link between marijuana usage and hard drug usage, it's due to its illegality. People who buy marijuana must go see a dealer and thus maybe pressured to buy something they might not have considered before. But this is not due to the actual drug. Corealation is not causation.

Source: Marijuana as a Gateway Drug: The Myth That Will Not Die | TIME.com

2. Marijuana disrupts the immune system, and puts people at a higher risk for heart disease and lung cancer.
I don't know much about this. But, I'm pretty sure all of the carcinogens are linked to the act of smoking, which I will admit is bad. But to the casual user, someone who uses marijuana once in a while, this is not a big issue. For the regular user, it's no worse than tobacco smoke or eating badly. It's your health, your decision. If you want to cut out the smoke, you can get around it by cooking with it or by using a vaporizer which turns marijuana into vapour as opposed to smoke. Problem solved.

3. When you smoke weed, it directly affects the frontal lobe of your brain. The frontal lobe of your brain is very important. Everything from your motor skills, personality is controlled by the frontal lobe. Weed has been found and associated with various mental disorders because of it. It disrupts the chemical balance of your brain. Also, when people are under the influence of alcohol, they realize it somewhat. When a person is under the influence of marijuana, they do not consciously realize this at all. Their grades, life, work, and relationships could be going down the toilet and they would not notice.
I'm not sure I fully understand. You realize that your life is falling apart when you drink but not when you smoke?

Most of the research shows that the use of marijuana at a young age can affect your mental health. Usually, mental disorders pop up in adolescence, and the risk of developing mental disorders greatly decreases once you reach adulthood.

I agree partly with you on this point. I don't think teens should smoke marijuana. You are still developing at that age and you shouldn't smoke or drink or any of that. But I see no problems with adults using it. We should treat it like we do with alcohol.

Marijuana effects varies from person to person. Some people could feel nothing, some get super high happy, and some directly engage in destructive behavior after using it. Weed itself is destructive.
Weed itself is not destructive. You do not get physically addictive and you do not act violently toward others like some do when drunk. You can psychologically addicted to it but this is also true for many things, like video games, internet, food, sex, etc. I have only know one person who was addicted to weed and she had an addictive personality to begin with. She was also addicted to World of Warcraft and other games at various points.

Most people who smoke weed, just sit on the couch and watch TV and eat junk food. If it's detrimental to relationship, it's probably linked to something deeper. The relationship is probably already dysfunctional and the use of pot is simply that person's way of escaping their problems. Don't blame weed, blame people's inability to cope with problems. If it were not for weed, they would do it with something else.

Here are some more myths.

Marijuana: 7 Health Myths Up in Smoke*Pictures - CBS News

I'm not even a regular user. I haven't even done it in over a year. But I believe in spreading the truth and I believe that the war on drugs has had very negative effects on our society, like the incarceration of millions of innocent people. This, in particular, has had a very negative effect on the affrican american and latino population. Even though proportionally there are as many white people who use marijuana, two thirds of those imprisoned for marijuana are black and latino. This is part of a racist crusade and part of the for-profit prison system that has to keep their prison at 90% capacity to turn a profit. The war on drugs also creates a stigma on the drug that could be beneficial for medicinal purposes. Marijuana can be used as a non-addictive pain killer, compare to the very addictive pharmaceutical alternatives.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I laugh and laugh and laugh until everyone around me thinks I'm insane and then when I notice their confused reaction I laugh some more.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is a lot of misinformation about marijuana.

I...I love you. Seriously! You just saved me a ton of typing.

People saying, "Weed does X" to me, is almost the same as saying, "Food makes me sick to my stomach." For one thing, like any other chemical, legal or otherwise, it affects everyone differently. And there are sooooooooooo so so so many different strains with varying chemical levels, there is not just 'a' marijuana plant. Where and how it's grown, fertilizers/nutrients, growing conditions, when it's harvested, how it's handled after harvest...ALL these things affect how the stinky lettuce affect the user. It's much more involved than you would think!

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Weed gives me access to realities that are impossible to experience in a sober state. Food tastes better, watching a movie on a computer monitor feels like the front row of an epic show, etc. But outside the obvious, I feel this familiarity with my reality that I recall from my childhood. Before life beat half to death out of me. It brings me back to the days when dreams still danced in my head and life was something to cherish.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Weird, ive personally just ignored it my entire life, yet it seems (from info ive gathered) something to simply keep in extreme moderation, you know? like alcohol. After all, its still debatable whether whether it should be allowed, as it does correlate with some destructive behaviour, but it appears that it shouldnt do too much damage at all to an already healthy mind.

Reactions: Blanco

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
The first time I had it I was extremely giddy and couldn't stop laughing. The second time... not so much, just felt unsteady, light headed and as if I wanted to go to bed x___x who knows what could happen if I did it again though.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I love sativa strains as its sort of like instant depression relief, my eyes light up, one time I took a hit stood up and I kid you not my spine aligned lol and everything was just sort of in its right place, I felt a part of everything. Indicas give me anxiety from time to time, but weed in general makes me pay attention and I'm sort of inescapably present in whatever I'm doing, it's like my power of concentration becomes naturally much more aware and alive, and from that all sorts good things follow, including not so to easy to stomach truths about myself.

If I lived by myself and wasnt busy so much of the time I would definitely smoke a lot more.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts