Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm dominantly an Enneagram Type Four.

I do see myself as individualistically different, and it's both a source of confidence and insecurity for me. I feel inadequate and awkward a lot of times, I just pretend not to. I hate the idea of over rationalizing my most personal state. I prefer just randomly taking meanings from my feelings.

''The outsider therefore comforts herself by becoming an insistent individualist: everything must be done on her own, in her own way, on her own terms.'' :blushed: I know it's not always a good thing :sad:

I always find comfort in a more idealized self image.

How does this relate to my goals?

I focus a lot on ''meanings.'' I like to explore the world of abstract meanings and someday see them manifest in reality :crazy::crazy:

I feel weird for talking about it.

What about other INFP's?

When I'm in an unusually or extraordinarily good mood, I can be like a Type Nine sometimes.

During those moments, I can be unusually patient and just accepting.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
i try not to overextend myself; overindulging is one of the worst habits I believe i could have. The internet, friends, food, or even just ignoring my problems and continuing on blindly is unhealthy. I try to cherish my time alone and use it to be true to my emotions and myself. I'm much happier if i do :)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Alright, this is going to be long, and it's going to focus on Enneagram tritype theory, which is... complex.

First of all, let me just say to those of you familiar with MBTI cognitive function theory: I think for me, my enneagram tritype is analogous to cog functions.
9w1 = dominant, analogous to Fi (makes sense because both are clearly my center, especially morally (Fi, w1).
7w6 = supporting/secondary, analogous to Ne (makes sense as both 7w6 and Ne are extroverted, seek/gather experience and stimulation, and both are "supporting" in regards to the dominant [type/function].)
4w5 = tertiary/child, analogous to Si (makes sense because 4w5 most resembles my childhood self, and Si can be seen as nostalgic, and both are part of how I came to form the others, in a way).

9w1 main/gut type - I am primarily concerned with the most harmonic/balanced/peaceful life I can manage. If anyone disrupts the sense of balance and serenity I have structured my life around, I get pissed off and cut them off completely. The w1 also adds sort of an obsessive need for (academic and moral) perfection in all that I need; it means that I hold myself to very high standards (and, unfortunately, the closer people get to me, the higher the standards I hold them to, in an effort to maintain peace/harmony in my life).

7w6 head type - This is a "supporting" type which helps me achieve harmony/balance in my life. The 7 fights my tendencies to be withdrawn, melancholic, apathetic, depressed, etc. directly. It craves stimulation, experience, even of a social nature. It also makes me very prone to being expressive, outspoken, performative. It adds a ]basic goal of indulging that which feels good and makes me happy[ (admittedly, these things were not always my priorities). Oh, and the 7w6 can make me VERY rebellious. I have lots of problems with authority. The 6 wing adds a strong sense of loyalty and a need for some security, and also makes me quite a skeptic (which in turn, makes me a good scientist).

4w5 heart type - Honestly, this is sort of on the backburner right now, almost unconscious. It can make me very dramatic, very melancholic, and especially with the 5 wing, very withdrawn. I love the creativity and I love my comprehensive awareness of myself and my emotional life, as well as my strong sense of identity, and I'm proud to totally disregard anything which is meaningless. Furthermore, I'm proud that both 4 and its 5 wing have a need for understanding (of self, of others, of environment) and to be understood. I'm also proud that, well, I'm very "weird" - there's nobody I know of that is quite like me at all.

Reactions: Raichan

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me, many systems just have to carry some deep underlying meanings behind them which are meaningful to me to keep my interest or else I'd get drained easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts