Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really interested to know to what extant the contrast between the INFJ's and INTJ's inferior Se reaches, since they're both the same in terms of the Ni/Se axis, but they have the small different between Fe/Te and Fi/Ti, so how would you describe your relationship with inferior Se?

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
I love food, drink, music, nature, art, culture, good company, and beautiful scenery. I would describe it as "fun."
:kitteh:

Reactions: Dare

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I'm not sure but I think it helps me with stress relief?
In the sense that it can lower my stress level and unstick me from a mental rut if i get out of my mental world for a little while and focus on sensory experiences. this could be something like...cleaning and then enjoying the sensory experience of lying around in a clean house. or fill in the bathtub with half hot water and half cold and lying there mentally empty but enjoying the differences in temperature when I move. it's very calming to me.

this is not so simple though because I have some brain wiring that makes sensory input almost too intense ...HSP with multiple kinds of synesthesia and misphonia. so sometimes sensory input is a source of stress too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Utterly well, or utterly poorly.

Well:
Enjoying delicious foods
A calming hot shower
Putting on noise cancelling headphones and disappearing in music
Enjoying a good massage (thanks Google autocorrect for suggesting 'massacre' instead... :laughing:)

Poorly:
Misophonia
List of allergies
Banging my head against the freezer door when getting a tomato from bottom drawer (a one time occurrence, but worth mentioning since it was so hard, it almost knocked me out)
Sensory overwhelm can occur quickly sometimes

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I'm definitely a big foodie (love trying new types of food) and music lover (very eclectic iPod soundtrack). I also tend to soak a lot when I'm in the shower.

In regards to negative ways of utilizing the Inferior function, I tend to guard myself well against it...for the most part. I did remember that I went through a large amount of KFC Chicken Wings when studying for midterms in college :laughing:.

Reactions: Judson Joist

·
Registered
250 Posts
I feel like my Se is always there but the joy/interest I get from it is a lot smaller than the one I get from my other functions,so I tend to ignore it.It only becomes important when I visit an amazing place/when I clean my house/when I am stressed/When I am in a new environment (combined with Ni).. But I always love good food etc.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
A fellow tomato lover, eh? Do you like beefsteaks, Romas, and yellow heirlooms? Look at these beauties (not mine, just a pic of yellow heirlooms I found with an image search).

I especially love beefsteak tomatoes.

Se is fun.
:happy:

·
Registered
100 Posts
A fellow tomato lover, eh? Do you like beefsteaks, Romas, and yellow heirlooms? Look at these beauties (not mine, just a pic of yellow heirlooms I found with an image search).

I especially love beefsteak tomatoes.

Se is fun.
:happy:
Those yellow heirlooms look so tasty. I like all kinds (Roma, Cherry), but they are my favourite.

Reactions: Judson Joist
1 - 11 of 11 Posts