Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To what extent can one - even an INTJ - be reasonably emotional? What about a nigh absolute lack of emotionality? Is it normal for this type, or not?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
At the moment it starts inhibiting your ability to have any meaningful connection with another human being.

·
Registered
54 Posts
To what extent can one - even an INTJ - be reasonably emotional? What about a nigh absolute lack of emotionality? Is it normal for this type, or not?

If you find yourself tearing the flesh off of other people and eating it, you might consider getting in touch with your feelings! lol

Isn't INTJ the most common personality type among serial killers?

Are you specifically addressing an inability to feel human emotion, or the conscious choice to suppress them? I don't see why any person, outside of a sociopath, would be unable to express a reasonable amount of emotion. For me it comes down to making the effort to feel and express them in a productive way.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
When you stake emotional worth on your ability to lack emotions. You then defeat yourself.
Essentially, it boils down to the cliche of being who you are, without worrying about keeping up an image.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
why ask others this ? just be as emotional as you like

if you don't know how emotional you like being, then look for the question deep within your mind/soul

·
Registered
131 Posts
delete

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,751 Posts

I would seriously doubt that. They are just sick people who didn't get enough hugs as children.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,751 Posts
I certainly do not think there is a lack of emotional content within any INTJ. I think the more salient question is how much they are prepared to show.

I certainly don't wear my heart on my sleeve for reasons of self protection and whothefuckreallywantstoseeitanyway.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not really, but Hannibal Lecter (movies) is certainly based on a damaged NTJ archetype.
ahhhh, I see. Actually found some more info, I think its just a couple famous ones may have typed INTJ, some typed ENTJ but no distinct correlation between that kind of disconnect from reality and any particular personality type.

an unhinged NTJ does make good mind thriller movies though!

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
No, the most common type among serial killers is the type that has psychological problems. That can happen to anyone.

Psychological problems like this usually means lack of social skills, lack of empathy, coldness, etc.

Some people (INTJ's mostly) think that because the INTJ is described with similar traits, that being an INTJ means being a psychopath and therefore more likely to be a serial killer. But that's just nonsense. If you don't understand why, I suggest you make an appointment with a shrink.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
It depends on how well one is able to deal with their own emotions. Some types tend to be better at that than other types.

What I never understand is why people think that showing more emotions means you feel more emotions. There's no logic in that, but even many INTJ's seem to think it makes sense. I guess most people never really thought about it that much and just accept the way society dictates how it is.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
There is nothing wrong with a complete lack of emotions.

I'm not particularly emotional, but of course I have them. I cry when things are extremely beautiful and I feel hurt when people I like decide to dump me. I can get happy, almost euphoric, and feel hopeless to the point of utter despair.

It all just doesn't happen very often.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
If your lack of emotion keeps you from feeling compassion for others, makes you unable/unwilling to care about their feelings, or impairs your conscience, then it is a problem. As long as you are being careful to at least try to consider other people's emotional needs, to be accommodating, and to avoid harming others on purpose, then whether you feel or not is a natural state that has no inherent spiritual value, just as physical numbness would not have any spiritual significance. Not having feelings would be no worse than being especially emotionally sensitive, which is another neutral, valid state, over which a person, likewise, has no control. We are only morally responsible for what we choose. If you aren't making a decision, such as "I choose not to feel anything," or "I choose to feel intensely," then it cannot be evil, because it is not an act of will.

Reactions: The Exception
1 - 20 of 22 Posts