Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When Just meeting them I instinctively pay close attention to their facial expressions, they're tone of voice, they're eye contact (Mine is intense). Using body language I can tell if they are shy, bold, uncomfortable, bored, trustworthy, confused, etc.

After getting a feel of their personality I can usually read what they are about, they're intentions, they're insecurities, they're interest.

I've literally bust people's balls by just telling them what they're thinking about me, what they are insecure about, what are they're deepest desires are and so much more stuff that causes they're jaw to drop in amazement or they'll just laugh and say "That's so true" :shocked: . Then i'll just help them through they're problems and even enjoy doing it(I'm like a therapist). A true Inspirer! :proud: And the funny thing is I do this with almost everyone without even noticing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you ever experienced when lets say you meet two strangers, and you can guess the exact scenario of the situation?
If yes, I'm curious if their reaction is:
A) intimidated
B) Skeptical

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've viewed myself as being able to read people quite well. Nowadays, I'm not so sure... At least, compared to people like you. I can't tell if a person wishes to deceive or manipulate people or if they're lying for the life of me (or can I?). However, I can tell if someone's bad news and if I should stay away from them. Though I am unsure about my abilities to read people lately, I think I have a fair share of the ability. I'd say it comes from staying quiet at certain moments and just watching and listening. Plus, I have a dad who used to have a bad temper so I'm sensitive to when people's anger is slowly and perhaps subtly (at least to everyone else) rising...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I meet a stranger I can't tell who they are but they're body language will tell me what they feel and think about the situation at the time. Most people are almost always uneasy(intimidated) as you see it in they're smile which is somewhat crooked and they're chest turned away slightly indicating they want to walk away lol. Not everyone likes being approached.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I generally use different "techniques" I guess...I don't know, I've always read people. Don't know why but I do.
I pay attention to body language and tones mostly. The things unsaid say a lot! I pay attention to how they interact with me and other people. If I notice they take to a person or group more than me then I evaluate said person/group. Then I figure out what it is that makes that person feel so comfortable when around said people.

For instance: I saw a girl who was hanging around a group of mean girls who use her. The girl slouched her shoulders, tucked her hair behind her ear, ducked her head, and won't look someone in the eye very long. Yet she hangs out with people who are dominant. I assume then that she craves power but doesn't have the means to get it. She also is submissive and may not know how to get out of situations she has no control over. I also assume she's in the wrong group and needs new friends (and a backbone). So I became her friend, built up her self-esteem with words of encouragement. I told her how she should be treated and puffed her up mentally and emotionally. Then one day she just snapped and told the leader of the group off (I was like: :shocked: Woah, wasn't expecting that! *sniff* I'm so proud! :blushed: ). Then we met up with another group of nice geeky kids and she's never been happier. Just the day in the life of an ENFP.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Looks more like you're telling a story than starting a thread.

It's all about Fe. I'm good at reading people too, though it's exhausting for most ENTP's. Ugh, having to notice other people's emotions!
Anyway, it's just what you mentioned. Body language, facial expressions, and tone of voice. You can quickly tell things like happy and sad, then it breaks off into comfortable and uncomfortable, and within an hour you can tell how much two people like each-other. It's quite fun, without her telling me I was able to figure out that she invited me somewhere because she didn't care for the exchange student she was hosting, and didn't want to be alone with her.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
After getting a feel of their personality I can usually read what they are about, they're intentions, they're insecurities, they're interest.
Wow! That's much more than I can do. I just tend to get a general "vibe" about people; that either says, "Nice person, it's ok to approach", "Proceed with caution" or (internal red lights flashing) "DON'T SAY ANYTHING! Back away slowly

You should seriously set up a psychic studio or something. You could make some serious buck off your ability. That's pretty neat!

·
Banned
613 Posts
When Just meeting them I instinctively pay close attention to their facial expressions, they're tone of voice, they're eye contact (Mine is intense). Using body language I can tell if they are shy, bold, uncomfortable, bored, trustworthy, confused, etc.

I've literally bust people's balls by just telling them what they're thinking about me, what they are insecure about, what are they're deepest desires are and so much more stuff that causes they're jaw to drop in amazement or they'll just laugh and say "That's so true" :shocked: . Then i'll just help them through they're problems and even enjoy doing it(I'm like a therapist). A true Inspirer! :proud: And the funny thing is I do this with almost everyone without even noticing.
Sure you do. I bet you can read minds too. Guess what I'm thinking right now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I do this all the time! I'm to the point where, after i've known someone for a little while and have seen their normal, "baseline" behaviors, I can accurately tell what kind of mood someone is in from just a brief glance or one spoken word.

I've had a few girls recently tell me that my ability to "read" them is borderline creepy because they have no idea how I can see through them...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Okay question then: Can you read other ENFP's/ENTP's? Are we easy to read? Or is it facade?
I can read ENFP's. I only know one other ENTP, and I haven't really interacted with her enough to say.
But I have been told I'm hard to read. My friend and I were waiting for something the other day, and to pass the time she just asked me to point out her flaws and I asked her to do the same (We're both pretty self confident so no offense was taken). the first thing she said to me was "No one ever knows what you think about anything!"
Most of my close friends have agreed that they feel like I could secretly hate them all.
So, I guess I'm hard to read.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Step one: Draw a circle (preferably in chalk)

Step two: Fill said circle with satanic looking marks

Step three: Chant the first paragraph of "A Catcher in the Rye"

Step four: ?????

Step five: Read people's emotions (it's not like it comes naturally or anything.)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I can read ENFP's. I only know one other ENTP, and I haven't really interacted with her enough to say.
But I have been told I'm hard to read. My friend and I were waiting for something the other day, and to pass the time she just asked me to point out her flaws and I asked her to do the same (We're both pretty self confident so no offense was taken). the first thing she said to me was "No one ever knows what you think about anything!"
Most of my close friends have agreed that they feel like I could secretly hate them all.
So, I guess I'm hard to read.

The only reason why I'm so curious as to whether our type (or others for that matter) can read ENFPs is because I frequently encounter people who act like they're suspicious of me. Like they don't know my intentions. Which I find VERY odd as I'm the type of person to put myself out there. If I'm nice then I really mean it. If I'm annoyed at you I'll let it show in my voice. I rarely get angry so that's never an issue.

I dunno, I just find it weird and have always wondered why people view me like this. I always wondered if it was a vibe I was giving off. Anyone else get this from people?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
The only reason why I'm so curious as to whether our type (or others for that matter) can read ENFPs is because I frequently encounter people who act like they're suspicious of me. Like they don't know my intentions. Which I find VERY odd as I'm the type of person to put myself out there. If I'm nice then I really mean it. If I'm annoyed at you I'll let it show in my voice. I rarely get angry so that's never an issue.

I dunno, I just find it weird and have always wondered why people view me like this. I always wondered if it was a vibe I was giving off. Anyone else get this from people?
A lot of it may be people's tendency to think others act and think like they themselves do.
I find ENFP's are often very friendly, kind, and open. Some people are more closed off, and so they assume that niceness has to be you faking it.

Just a theory.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts