Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about it lately. I didn't knew about MBTI before 26 yo in spite of having done long studies and it doesn't seem to be as widely used in Europa as in the US. How old were you since you first took the test ? How were you first introduced to it ? (School, job interviews, others ...)

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
I9 years ago. I was age 25. I took it for a college managerial class and there was an official MBTI typist who came and spoke to our class and explained what it meant. She was amazing. All of it stuck in my head and I remember almost everything the MBTI person said and I asked pertinent questions that I’m so glad that I asked.

But it’s interesting since YouTube a lot of people aren’t experiencing MBTI and MBTI studies, etc. instead it’s more knock-off free stuff of the internet and MBTI is getting criticized despite everyone basing the information on the 16 types. It’s all pretty interesting.
As for America accepting MBTI, it’s not generally accepted by mainstream psychology here. I think truly Jung only made his biggest mark in his descriptions of introvert/ extrovert. Which to me seems like very low hanging Jungian fruit. (Sounded funny time phrase it like that.)

Reactions: YvonneZemski
1 - 3 of 3 Posts