Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my ESFP buddies! I have a question....
When it comes to physical affection (Hand shakes, hugs, kisses and cuddles etc.) how far is too far when it comes to friends? I can be comfortable with a long hug from a guy-friend.... Maybe even a light cuddle (don't judge me!) but that's as far as I will take it. What about you? How far or how much physical affection do you like/need? And what type of displays of physical affection do you prefer? Let's discuss!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'll go for a bro-hug with my bros (lol) but nothing more, and I don't mind going for a full-blown bear hug with my girl-friends. I like handshakes the most though, you can always tell a person's character from their handshake.

Reactions: The King Of Dreams

·
Registered
637 Posts
Oh God, I wish I was out partying, but being a full time single mum sort of excludes that sort of things... :)

I LOVE hugs! I love kisses on the cheeks, and I like hand shakes too.... not too much though.

The only friend I actually cuddle, is not just a friend, but also my sister! But generally I like physical contact very much. I like touching people... but I think I can notice when someone doesn't like it when I hold their arm or caress them :p, so then I'll stop.
I know not everyone's like me. And when I hug my ex-boyfriend who is now my friend.... it feels strange. I can hug him for a while, but the longer the hug, the more sort of tention is builing up. So I try to avoid hugging him too much :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Wow... 13 hours on a forum and only 1 comment? Geeze what's up with thi....... Oh yeah, I forgot.....
ESFP + S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y.=P.A.R.T.Y.
Ugh. So hungover right now.

I usually don't hug my guy friends unless I am drunk. I do however hug my girl friends.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like physical affection of any sort, especially if the other person initiates it.

Reactions: The King Of Dreams

·
Registered
52 Posts
I took a love language test and touching was my lowest score so I reckon I don't like touching at all but I do touch sometimes. I like physical affection and it'll go as far as I/they are comfortable with. I can kiss a friend if I wanted. I hate public affection because I get embarrassed but sometimes I don't mind. I don't like too much physical affection.
I prefer it more when other people give me affection.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took a love language test and touching was my lowest score so I reckon I don't like touching at all but I do touch sometimes. I like physical affection and it'll go as far as I/they are comfortable with. I can kiss a friend if I wanted. I hate public affection because I get embarrassed but sometimes I don't mind. I don't like too much physical affection.
I prefer it more when other people give me affection.
More of a receiver than a giver?

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Indeed.......now what about eye contact?!?!?
What I find interesting is that many intuitives (especially NFs) will look away or out when it comes to eye contact. We will look in your eyes from time to time but then we will look away. It's not a confidence issue. It's just that we are trying to get the right words out when we speak.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts