Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For your significant other? Would you go to jail for them if you were in love? If you went to jail, would you hold it against them later? I know it depends on what the charge is.
Let me clarify.

Would you go to jail if someone tried to hurt them? Would you go to jail if you felt like hurting someone they've dated who hurt them for quite a while? What would you do in that situation?

Does love have that sort of price? Should it?

Would you hit your lover if they accused you daily of cheating? Under what circumstances would you hit them?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I've never loved anyone that much. Ever. Parents included. So I have no idea.

I do know that I would never put my hands in a malicious manner on another person unless of course they start it. Now as far as a lover goes, I wouldn't hit them, we'd just be done.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
For your significant other? Would you go to jail for them if you were in love? If you went to jail, would you hold it against them later? I know it depends on what the charge is.
Let me clarify.

Would you go to jail if someone tried to hurt them? Would you go to jail if you felt like hurting someone they've dated who hurt them for quite a while? What would you do in that situation?

Does love have that sort of price? Should it?

Would you hit your lover if they accused you daily of cheating?
If someone tried to hurt them I would try to stop that someone (though I doubt that I would end up doing something that would put me in jail).

Why would I want to hurt someone else because they caused pain in the past? This helps no-one and can only cause more pain, what a silly idea.

I would not hit them, though if they were constantly accusing me of cheating, they would probably not be my lover (at least not for long).

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
In that situation, I don't see how violence solves anything. I would be more concerned about bringing my loved one to emotional and mental health. And if you are in jail, what good are you to the one you love, anyway? I would not want to be with someone who would not be horrified if I committed a violent act against another.

Under no circumstances would I be aggressive towards another unless I was defending myself or a loved one from immediate harm.

I would leave a significant other who constantly accused me of cheating. That's abuse.

Reactions: Midnight Runner

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
The right answer is of course I would go to jail for my loved ones. But that is a politically correct answer. In truth, i dont know what I would do. I dont think anyone knows that.
If there is an immediate situation at hand involving my gf I might freak out very badly, or not at all.
I am a violence abhorring coward. But when put on the spot and motivated by the strongest possible of emotions, I have no idea what would happen.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
For my family, sure. For my SO, not sure. I used to think so, but had a really bad breakup a while back, so im a bit love-sceptical at the moment.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I would definitely go to jail for someone I love with all my heart. I'd give up all of me. I'd give my pulse and live a life of routine if I deemed it fit for the situation. I can't say it blindly, but if my being locked up meant someone I love could have a lifetime of happiness and fulfillment, I would. If I love someone deeply, I feel that they are capable of anything, and I want them to achieve it. I'd never want anything to stand in the way of someone I love. If jail is ever a heavy steel door I have to hold open until it breaks me so someone I love can get through it- I will.

My love would have to be completely selfless and selfless love is very far and few. I don't know how many people I'd do this for, if any right now. But I would need to consider it.

But, I don't think if the person loved me in return, they'd want me to do that. I think selfless love is so mutual that it can only reach that point if it is shared. Is a magnet truly a magnet if it's other half is not connecting with it? What is it then? Nothing more than metal perceived as a "magnet". Without a direction for your gravity, I'm not sure your love could be met anywhere enough to see clearly and have a true verdict.

I also don't think true love makes repetitious accusations, if the person is healthy. If I loved someone who was doing this, I wouldn't be provoked, I would wonder why and try to fix it. If I couldn't, I would give them space. I think love is formed on deep understanding, so I don't think this would happen if two people really loved each other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.