Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm curious: how has either 1. the process of discovering (if you're still unsure, that is), or 2. the discovery of your MBTI type and subsequent temperament and cognitive functions helped you in your day-to-day life?

·
Registered
815 Posts
1. The process of discovery was great. I thoroughly enjoyed learning about myself and was stunned by the accuracy that MBTI possessed. The passing of time has dulled that effect and I know have a few points where I disagree with MBTI and Jung but I still love the theories.

2. I discovered that there are other people like me out there in the world. I had always felt like a freak because there wasn't anyone else like myself around. MBTI/Jung helped me to realize that I can be myself without being a freak. It might sound a little silly but I guess I needed some reassurance.

MBTI/Jung/Keirsey and the cognitive functions also greatly helped in me in my quest to understand myself and why I am who I am. It also helped me to understand other people; how they differ from myself and why.

Learning that I am not alone and gaining an understanding of myself that I previously did not have has led to an enormous increase in my self-esteem and confidence. That is, without a doubt, the most significant way in which MBTI/Jung/Keirsey has helped me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The MBTI has helped me take a deeper look at myself. I believe that it has helped me accept myself and not feel like i'm so different from others.

·
Registered
820 Posts
It helped me to understand that I'm not a square peg in a round hole because I'm somehow bad or there's something wrong in me and I should change and become a normal person. It helped me to accept myself as the freak I am.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts