Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this from an online article (not mine)

A law in the universe that relates to compensation

You may be facing a type of disappointment, frustration, loss, or general sadness. It is in these times you can immediately begin to search for the counterbalancing positive to it. This is a flawless universal law: an opposite condition must emerge to offset the initial condition.

Emerson referred to it as the "Law of Compensation." In some degree, the equilibrium of the universe if affected by all thought, desire, and action. At this point, the harmony of the universe has been disturbed, so it seeks to return to balance.

"An inevitable dualism bisects nature, so that each thing is a half, and suggests another thing to make it whole: as, spirit, matter; man, woman; odd, even; subjective, objective; in, out; upper, under; motion, rest; yea, nay." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls a butterfly."

Look for the New Opportunity
It might be hidden; it might be obvious; but it is there. You now have an altered perspective because of what happened. Use this perception creatively to seek out the direction which will empower you in a way unlike ever before.

Ask yourself what extraordinary thing it is that you now will be, do, or have because of this? That is, because "X" happened, I now will have "Y", and would never have had "Y" if "X" never happened. Therefore, "X" serves as the catalyst to put you into the advantageous position of the journey toward, and ultimately, being, doing or having "Y".

What can you take away from this that you never could have had before? When you discover what that is, begin to visualize and feel the emotion of the powerful, positive path you're about to embark on.

Let it fuel you. Let it empower you. Let it work for you. And, let it move you to greater heights you otherwise would not have climbed. Because remember, "When God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window."
Lately I intuitively pick up that I have to let a certain something go to let something else in entirely.

Have you ever had one of those intuitions before it really happens?

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another nice article....

Source:

When You Close One Door, Don?t Open Another. Stand There, Another Door Will Open. | PeopleJam
How many times have we heard, “When one door closes another door opens”? We understand this to mean that two things are happening at once - we have our hand on the door that is closing and at the same moment we are reaching forward to open a new door. As we attempt to corral a piece of the future that is not yet ready to happen, we feel the loss of control.

We are convinced that the only way for things to move forward is to push, to knock open that door. Our self-conscious effort creates a lot of movement but ultimately does not take us where we want to be. As we become more anxious, we actually end up pushing away from us what we most want. The universe interprets our fear as lack and refuses to reflect back to us the life we so desperately want.

When one door closes and another door is not yet open, we need to keep our hands at our sides and rest in the gap.

The gap initially appears as a void but that is only because we have nothing to hold on to. In reality, the space between the two doors is where creation happens. This is the place where all the essential ingredients are measured and mixed, where the real magic happens. A potent brew is in the works and to rush the process is to interfere in the majesty of its wholeness. A steady, quiet vigilance is what’s called for, the discipline to wait, watch and wonder.

This does not mean we are lazy or unprepared. On the contrary, we have done our homework. Now is the time to say, “I have done all I can do. Let it rip!” To realize that we are responsible for all the ingredients but not the outcome is very powerful. We are left to deal with the stuff we do best—doing what we love—and the universe is left with the creation of the form for doing it. If we can get out of the way long enough to allow this to unfold, we are delighted beyond our wildest imaginings. The universe delivers a panorama that encompasses it all; possibilities we never even knew existed.

To experience the intelligence of this process is a double whammy! We get a life greater than anything we could have imagined and we get to live it now! Rather than plan and fret about a life that has not yet happened, we end up smack dab in the middle of one that is juicy and full of promise. When we wait for another door to open we are letting the universe know we trust and from that trust, we get what we truly need.

from Reality Works - Let It Happen Copyright Chandra Alexander

1 - 2 of 2 Posts