Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grow to love people then they retire their account. I rips my heart out almost like a death. I just wanted everyone to know that even though I don’t always say how much I care I do care and very deeply. Even the people I can’t communicate with because they drain me of my energy. I still do care and deeply.

To all members that have retied, I want you to know how much you were cared for by me. Maybe I should have reach our more to you and you would have stayed. When you leave it hurts and I am concerned about you. I hope at some point you read that and know that do care for you deeply. And to know that someone does and will always care about you. You have been loved!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I grow to love people then they retire their account. I rips my heart out almost like a death. I just wanted everyone to know that even though I don’t always say how much I care I do care and very deeply. Even the people I can’t communicate with because they drain me of my energy. I still do care and deeply.

To all members that have retied, I want you to know how much you were cared for by me. Maybe I should have reach our more to you and you would have stayed. When you leave it hurts and I am concerned about you. I hope at some point you read that and know that do care for you deeply. And to know that someone does and will always care about you. You have been loved!
So true... but if they think their life is better without us who are we to decide :sad:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
well, my one and only may have retired, but I still have her email :cool: (see signature)

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
Why would anyone want to retire anyway? If you get bored with your account, you can simply leave the site for a while. That way, you can always have the option to come back.
They still do have the option to come back, they can contact an admin and get their account restored.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I found pinkrasputin's posts in the "What you actually think about other members" thread in Spam World very entertaining. Promethea's too.

If I were ever to retire, I would most likely do so as a shameless attention seeking ploy. I would do so hoping to be showered with appreciation for my continued attendance. Only if I were, I think not a single person will batter an eyelid. It's the unfortunate way of society, especially in an N orientated web site like this, half wouldn't notice and the other half would never had heard of you. But it doesn't matter too much for me, it would be a fleeting emotional high at best, an unfair price for the post of emotional manipulation of others.

But I would be sad if you were to leave Blue Butterfly. As would many in the INFP forums I feel.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found pinkrasputin's posts in the "What you actually think about other members" thread in Spam World very entertaining. Promethea's too.

If I were ever to retire, I would most likely do so as a shameless attention seeking ploy. I would do so hoping to be showered with appreciation for my continued attendance. Only if I were, I think not a single person will batter an eyelid. It's the unfortunate way of society, especially in an N orientated web site like this, half wouldn't notice and the other half would never had heard of you. But it doesn't matter too much for me, it would be a fleeting emotional high at best, an unfair price for the post of emotional manipulation of others.

But I would be sad if you were to leave Blue Butterfly. As would many in the INFP forums I feel.
That touched my heart. Thank you for saying that. I needed to hear that. However, I feel like most people would be happy that I left. And like you said the other half would not even know who I am.

I will have to read the thread "What you actually think about other members" to see what it says.

And if yo retired I would cry at losing you. I am not big on reaching out to individual people because I am a hermit. But I can feel each of you in my heart.

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
That touched my heart. Thank you for saying that. I needed to hear that. However, I feel like most people would be happy that I left. And like you said the other half would not even know who I am.

I will have to read the thread "What you actually think about other members" to see what it says.

And if yo retired I would cry at losing you. I am not big on reaching out to individual people because I am a hermit. But I can feel each of you in my heart.
Huh? I wouldn't feel that way. You seem nice. ^_^

And pinkrasputin seems to be back. Huh. Wonder what that was all about? :confused:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Well, I'm glad that's settled, 'cuz whatever everyone else does, what really matters is how you feel about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yes, it's unfortunate to lose members who contribute a lot of interesting discussions to various forums, but maybe it's a way to help them get around to dealing w/ things IRL. i know at a few other forums i'm on, members ask to be banned for 2/3wks when they have to get serious about studying/exams for that period of time, so that they don't get distracted w/ the internet. it works, i guess?

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Why would anyone want to retire anyway? If you get bored with your account, you can simply leave the site for a while. That way, you can always have the option to come back.
Spoken like a true P type. :laughing:

Yeah, I leave sometimes for months at a time, but it isn't ever permanent.

Reactions: Angelic Gardevoir
1 - 20 of 20 Posts