Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been done before too...
xD

Ted: INFJ, but at times he looks like an ISFJ
Robin: ESTJ or ENTJ
Lily: I have a hard, hard time typing her. It's obvious she's an F, but I'm completely nuts about knowing which type is her. To me there's no way. xD.
Marshall: ESFP or...ENFP? I don't think he's ENFP but at times, he looks like one
Barney: ENTP. I know he resembles a ESTP at first glance, but if you look hard at him, Barney is an ENTP

·
Registered
828 Posts
Ted- ISFJ
Marshal- ENFP
Lily- ESFP
Robin- ESTP
Barney- ENTJ

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really find intriguing Barney's type. Maybe because he's the most remarkable character of the series. Although really he's not the hardest to type.
I think we all agree he's ExTx. I maintain I see a bit of ENTPism in him.

Reactions: Evgenia

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Barney - ENFP/ENFJ gone wrong (lol)
Ted- INFJ
Robin - ISFJ / ISTJ
Lily - INFP
Marshall - ENFJ

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ted - INFx
Marshall - ESFP
Barney - xNFP gone wrong :D
Lily - ESFJ
Robin - ISTP

·
Registered
72 Posts
So I am not really interested in typing myself but to type the characters of the tv show "How I met your mother"

I personally think:

Robin: ISTP
Ted: ENFP
Marshall: INFP
Lilly: ISFP
Barney: ENTJ

So, what do you think?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Robin - ISTP (very much agreed)
Ted - I see ENFP but most people seem to type him as ISFJ
Marshall - ENFP
Lily - ENFJ
Barney - ENTJ

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why do many of you think that Marshal is an extravert?
Same here.

My guesses:

Marshall: I have a hard time typing him. He does seem like an ENFP who is not that extraverted. A shy extrovert maybe ? I don't think he's an INFP.
He's an obvious NF though.

Lily: ENFJ (or maybe ESFJ)

Ted: INTP

Barney: ENTJ

Robyn: INTJ

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What makes you think Ted is an INTP? Obviously not. He's very focused on feelings, and I don't know, he doesn't fit the INTP stereotype, independence, and these things. He's full of Fe in my opinion, and cares too much for feelings to be an INTP. I think Ted is an xNFJ probably. I love him!

Barney is an ENTP or an ENTJ. I must admit ENTJ seems likely but still there are things about him which I don't think they are Te. I think ENTPs can seem competitive and these things too, just like Barney.

Reactions: Linnifae

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ted - ISFJ
Barney - ENTJ
Marshall - ENFP (a shy one but an E nonetheless I think)
Lily - ISFP (I think she uses a lot of Fi but seems more of a sensor than a intuitive to me.)
Robin - ISTP

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Marshall and Lily are the hardest to type
Lily seems at times ESFJ but she strikes me as an SF. Maybe ISFx? Has anyone thought of her as an ISFJ? I'd like to say that ISFJs are not conservative necesarily, and can be creative.
Marshall is much like Lily in many things, but more crazy and all. I like him.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What makes you think Ted is an INTP? Obviously not. He's very focused on feelings, and I don't know, he doesn't fit the INTP stereotype, independence, and these things. He's full of Fe in my opinion, and cares too much for feelings to be an INTP. I think Ted is an xNFJ probably. I love him!
Yes I hesitated between INTP and INFJ. I put INTP because of the "architect" stereotype I believe, but now that you say it I agree he's more on the F side.

By the way I think it's so much easier to dertermine Marshall's enneagram: he's obviously a phobic 6.

As for Lily, she really strikes me as a J. She isn't indecisive, Marshall is.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ted - ENTJ - I really don't think Ted is an "F". Quite often he inadvertently hurts someone's feeling by coming out with a witty remark, like the one about the fat secretary at work who brings a whole chicken to eat. His workis also pretty important to him, and he is ambitious. He's very loyal to his closest friends, and they get to see his "gooey" side. Definitely also a planner - like when he makes that mask thing so he doesn't find out the big game result when buying chicken wings.

Robin - INTJ - Independent, self sufficient, ambitious in her career, difficult to get close to, find it difficult to be mushy. Likes guns - not seeing any need to fit into a female stereotype.

Lilly - ISFP - arty and a bit flighty (like when she leaves Marshall), thinks things should be done a certain socially acceptable way.

Marshall - ENFJ - one woman his whole life, that's very "J" surely, a big softie but tries to act tough

Barney - INTP - I thought ENTP at first, but then remember how hippy he was back in the day. INTPs are quite chameleon too, so he can easily morph into looking ENTP.

·
Registered
76 Posts
How I Met Your Mother.... Characters Type?

I have been watching this show from quite a some time now. and i am loving it....:laughing: I have a rough sketch as to the types of the characters in this show.... if some one has watched it, post your views about the characters' types and also if possible mention the why's too....

My opinion
Ted Mosby ENFP

Bcoz he is all hopeless romantic, procrastintor, definetly a feeler coz of his sensitive and naive nature... loves architecture, teaches architecture, has this silly switch....

Barney Stinson
ENTP

Because he is the womanizer, flirting with chicks. Charming, careless, chatterbox, very logical... finds it difficult to fell in love, in fact,to accept that he has fell in love with some one... sees himself as strong,cold but has a small sensitive, childish side...

Robin Schubasky
ISTP

loves sports, like ice hockey... has 5 dogs... not a touchy feely... but one thing is that she is a reporter that some how contradicts ISTP-ishness....:unsure:

Marshall
Exxp

Lilly
XXX
am not sure about these two types...:sad:

1 - 20 of 178 Posts