Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think in terms of the quote by Brooke Davis, OTH

''People who are meant to be always find their way in the end'' ?

I think it's one of the things that make the world beautiful, as idealistic as it sounds.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I could have everything I want in life, but without having that special person to love, then it would truly be a life I would detest.

However, I would give up everything, suffer through any uninspiring job, endure any difficulties, break my morals or even my conscience, as long as I had my soulmate. She is the only thing I would need to make my life fulfilled.

edit: Since you posted a video, I'll do one too :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think I'm fairly exceptional for an Idealist in than I'm overly cynical, which is generally regarded as being the polar opposite of what idealism is.

But yeah, not at all. I think of true love as being extremely rare, and a lot less...definable than either romantic love or fraternal love, or motherly love.

I've never been ~in love~ romantically, but I've noticed that people may be utterly, 100% sure of the absolute eternalness of their love for a few weeks or months or years, but eventually it falls apart and all they're left with is a messy pile of divorce papers. Maybe child support, if they're particularly unlucky.

I think the idea of romance is almost mythological because of how our culture idolizes it. It seems that no story is complete without a romance somehow worked in; even when a relationship of that sort is completely irrelevant to the plot, the creator will find a way to make sure the female and male leads end up together in the end. It's absurd. And we, as the audience, is supposed to completely support the couple and believe that their love is true, and that it will persist far beyond the end of the story.

The truth is, I think, humans are not meant to be monogamous. That does not mean that anyone has to have multiple lovers at any given time, or that a married couple is doomed to a broken marriage as soon as they fall out of lust with each other, rather that romantic love is not eternal.

And who knows, really. I'm very inexperienced in this department. I really should shut up about things I don't know about.

Reactions: miro

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want a guy like this..

Source: Kim Hyun Joong’s Interview (ISplus) KPculture

IS: What will you do if your parents oppose your marriage like Boys Over Flowers‘ Gu Jun Pyo?

Kim Hyun Joong: I’ll push forward with it. I’m prepared to take responsibility for my life and am ready to stand up against my parents if it’s somebody that I believe I’ll spend the rest of my life with.

KHJ, you so hot!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I honestly don't know. True love is not just sunshine and green pastures, it is also the fire and the ice. It is also the lessons you learn and perhaps the hand of fate.
Sometimes love is a leaf out of Shakespeare.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm super idealistic about it. I dream of growing old with that someone. of sitting on our porch when we are 84 reading a book, enjoying a beautiful sunrise over the mountains and reminiscing over the adventurous life we had together.

But I also understand the realistic side to it. right now I'm taking an amazing psych course: psych of love. which takes a psychology/scientific stance on love. and its really interesting.

to follow the crowd here, here's some love songs I like:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm really idealistic about it, but sometimes try to counter it with more pessimistic ideas to try and be more realistic about it, but it never really works out

·
Registered
752 Posts
Do you think in terms of the quote by Brooke Davis, OTH

''People who are meant to be always find their way in the end'' ?
This, made me laugh. If you're meant to be, then you're meant to be. If you're not, then you're not. Blunt, but simple.

The real problem is determining who's "meant to be".

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, I still believe. Hope makes life worth living. Sure experience hasn't proven me right (yet) but so what? Anything worth seeking takes time to find.

I think the main problem that INFPs have is not actually coming out of the cave to LOOK. It's like this story I heard about a guy praying to god about winning the lottery. He prays and prays and prays to win the lottery. Nothing happens. Years go by. He gets bitter and jaded, and finally tells god that he's a liar and never listens. God responds: "my son, it might help if you shut up for a second and actually bought a damn lottery ticket once in awhile"

Is that us or what? :laughing:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I agree with Lad almost completely, except that his "she" would be a he, and I probably couldn't work a job that I detested for too long.

I agree with Gloosle too, except I am still having a hard time accepting that realistic side.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
I'm very idealistic about love. In fact, my sorry record for dating shows this to be true...

·
Registered
453 Posts
I could have everything I want in life, but without having that special person to love, then it would truly be a life I would detest.

However, I would give up everything, suffer through any uninspiring job, endure any difficulties, break my morals or even my conscience, as long as I had my soulmate. She is the only thing I would need to make my life fulfilled.
haha, so true!! except the part about suffering a boring job* or breaking morals**.

* mostly because I think I _can_ find a job I enjoy. but if I had no other option I definitely would, just like I'd endure any difficulty. (after all, a boring job *is* a difficulty).

** I haven't been put to the test so I can't say for sure, but I hope I wouldn't break my morals.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts