Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a scale from 1 (least important) to 10 (most important), how important are looks for an ESFP in a romantic relationship? specifically for ESFP women, how important are man's looks in a romantic relationship?

·
Banned
405 Posts
I believe extremely high in most esfp because they value aesthetics & have an Se dominant function. You better start working hard to look nop notch if you ain't already there! Lol

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
I don't know. My ESFP friend is married to an INTP, but he isn't what you would call great looking. I suppose his best feature is his eyes, but masculine body? forget it! I think she liked him more for his quirky sense of humour and his mind.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Most ESFPs would say 11.

They manage to prioritize looks above all else and still exaggerate about it.

So if you're not born hot, (and let's face it, 95% of looks is genetic and unfixable) find an ISFJ instead.

Only kidding. :wink:

Plastic surgery can fix 30% of someone's ugliness. :happy:

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
Physical appearance... hmmm... never really thought of that all that much. On the other hand, if a guy is a good singer, especially if he has a nice, warm bass voice... well... sigh...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Not that important to me.

I want someone I have enough of a intellectual connection with that, I'll be so enraptured with them, I won't even notice when they're sick, or we're growing old together and their looks change.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Looks are usually the first thing that catches my attention, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are most important.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Very very much. Recently in one setting an ESFP who I have been sexually involved with commented on my shoes, my glasses, how my purse matched my fingernails, that I have pretty hazel eyes, that I look healthier, all in about the space of two hours. He also constantly pestered me for phone pics. Lots of them. More more more.

I am an Se aux and my ESFJ friend says I am, quote, shallow, because I care about the physical part of a relationship so much. She, for the record, is shallow about other things.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Physical appearance... hmmm... never really thought of that all that much. On the other hand, if a guy is a good singer, especially if he has a nice, warm bass voice... well... sigh...
I guess physical attractiveness goes beyond the visual, so yeah I think it can be just as much about voice, scent, quality of the physical part of the relationship, not only looks.

The looks thing is kinda subjective anyway. An 8 to one person is a 6 to another.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Not that important to me.

I want someone I have enough of a intellectual connection with that, I'll be so enraptured with them, I won't even notice when they're sick, or we're growing old together and their looks change.
Yes but how did you get involved with this person who you have a deeper connection with in the first place? And would it be quite alright if they weighed 300 pounds?

·
Registered
912 Posts
The ESFP I'm seeing is into looks. Mostly HIS looks! He is SO metrosexual. lol

But I think he's more insecure about his own looks than arrogant. He also loves beautiful women, so honestly I'm wondering what he sees in me. Maybe this means that after the initial attraction (doesn't have to be huge), he really looks at the person's personality? Who knows. :p

1 - 20 of 72 Posts