Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm at my most ideal work ethic I would say my schedule is one of my top priorities. If not my mind would run off on tangents, and possibly create more ISTJ threads for chat, leading to more play time. Seems its almost a cycle of distractions for me.

Really working on a limit of 3 posts a day though.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
The planner is the ISTJs best friend.
So true. I remember when I was first introduced to one; it was in the summer of 1994 and I'd just been promoted to line supervisor at the restaurant that I was working at. The regional manager required that all managers (line supervisor and above) carry a small planner (the pocket-sized ones) for the duration of their shift at work AND USE IT.

Anyway, even though I only wrote what I thought (at the time) were redundant things, like "make sure to NOT schedule breaks between 4-5pm; delivery truck coming today" or "extra servers between 8-10p tonight; church lets out at 8" it gave me a taste of the power that we in fact have within us.

An ISTJ that uses a planner in tandem with our natural organizational abilities is truly a force to be reckoned with. ... and people wonder why we can accomplish anything we set our minds to. :crazy: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I remember when I was first introduced to one; it was in the summer of 1994 and I'd just been promoted to line supervisor at the restaurant that I was working at.
I found it awesome that you actually remember the year when you started using your planner :crazy: It's like the beginning of a 'how-we-met' love story..

When I'm at my most ideal work ethic I would say my schedule is one of my top priorities. If not my mind would run off on tangents, and possibly create more ISTJ threads for chat, leading to more play time. Seems its almost a cycle of distractions for me.

Really working on a limit of 3 posts a day though.
I think I'm pretty flexible in my schedule. The only thing fixed is my daily workload, and when that gets done I do what I please. The trick is to work like a maniac and get most of it done before the afternoon, so that I'd be free to waste my time in the evenings.

·
Banned
15 Posts
I think a schedule is very important. It lays out all my activities for the day and allows me to see if I can rearrange them around if need be. I pretty much always have some sort of schedule planned out in my mind for the net day before I go to sleep, even if it isn't set-in-stone. It's hard for me to not be thinking ahead and live completely 'in the moment'.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I hate to think what would become of me without a schedule! Procrastination central~ Schedules hold me to task and remind me of everything that I need to do. It's also a great mechanism to set SMART (Specific/Measurable/Attainable/Relevant/Time-bound) goals, and evaluate the results.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I hate to think what would become of me without a schedule! Procrastination central~ Schedules hold me to task and remind me of everything that I need to do. It's also a great mechanism to set SMART (Specific/Measurable/Attainable/Relevant/Time-bound) goals, and evaluate the results.
Exactly correct. Love the acronym, btw.:happy:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Bingo! We have a winner!

The planner is the ISTJs best friend.
The planner is the INTJ's best friend too. I'd go insane without it.

Reactions: niss and Sela

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I performed an experiment on myself to see if I could use a planner consistently. Bought a nice little black pocket-sized one, and said to my INFJ mom who can't live without her schedule, "We'll see how this goes."

Well, the results are in, folks: I think I wrote maybe two or three things in it...that was a month ago. So, the experiment was a failure. I just can't keep a planner or schedule myself beyond my obligations with work and school.

I think I'll give the planner to my ISTJ sister...I know she'll use it. :proud:

Reactions: niss and Sela

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
It does require forcing yourself into the habit of using it...

Reactions: Sela
1 - 13 of 13 Posts