Personality Cafe banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
INTP
3,817 Posts
I find it all very tedious. I have good color sense, but acquiring pieces that go together is too much work, so I just wear black. I think it's sad that people judge each other by what piece of dead plant/animal hair/plastic they put on their bodies.

Mostly I dress so I won't get arrested and so people won't laugh at me too much.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
I already look like shit, so I prefer not to dress like complete shit. However, it's really easy to dress okay without putting much effort into it. Or maybe it just comes naturally to me as a sensor, I don't know.
Basically, wear neutral colors and maybe one "bolder" color if you so feel the need, avoid holes or items of clothing that have faded so much due to age, wear stuff that's around your size, and just wash your clothes regularly. That's about it.

Still, I refuse to spend time on fashion. Fuck brand names and designers, and fuck shopping. I also don't care what others wear as long as they're relatively hygienic.

Reactions: islandlight

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,053 Posts
It seems important enough when I'm going out at least. I am image conscious and sensitive to uneasy feelings of not being presentable.
I don't really think of what's "in style" this season or the next, but I like clothes that are elegant and comfy with nice patterns / complimentary colors. But when I'm alone I don't think about it too much.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Meh. when I want to go out yes.

Maybe a bit of makeup, dress nicely, how I do my hair. Brand isn't that important even though nowadays people tend to show it off.

I like dressed nicely but not too much. Maybe when u feel comfortable to look at but neat.

I like to wear jeans

I wear skechers everytime I get dressed and I don't wear accessories, unless for earrings.

I strongly dislikes heels.

I like to look nicely dressed. maybe cuz of my natural Se in me, idk.

I don't look out for fashion too much. Shopping is boring, everything is expensive anyways.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,251 Posts
How important is fashion to you, specifically with regards to what you wear? How much attention do you take to choosing the clothes you wear, our outfit, how it reflects on your personality? Whether it's 'in' or not. Is it a major part of your life?
I do have a need for my clothes to reflect my tastes and values. I need the inner world and that most immediate layer of the outer world (my appearance) to have some congruence. When I have to follow a dress code or uniform I usually feel very awkward, as though wearing clothing that was made for a difference species where my body parts don't properly fit (even if they do in fact fit), it also feels like I'm wearing a costume like I'm supposed to pretend to be someone else. Over a long period of time this becomes very emotionally destabilizing for me.

So what I wear IS pretty important, but at the same time I don't spend a ton of time getting dressed every time I leave the house. I try to have mainly things that match with eachother so I can just grab a shirt, skirt, and sweater without too much thought and still feel like I look good. If I'm in the mood, or it's a special occasion then I'll spend more time creating an outfit, meticulously matching the color scheme, layering, accessorizing, etc.

I do value comfort as well as aesthetics, it depends on how I'm feeling and what I'm doing whether one or the other will take precedence. At home or when I have a headache, I don't care too much how I look although I try to make sure my comfy clothes aren't too far from my tastes because feeling frumpy can definitely affect my mood.

I do not pay attention to popular fashion, and only a little attention to what I'm expected to wear for certain events or activities. I dress unusually, but it is not because I want to grab extra attention. Clothing does tell others about you, and I like the nonverbal communication, just as a team T-shirt lets anyone who happens to glance at you know something of your interest or loyalty, a peasant blouse with a corset will communicate an interest in history or fantasy. One might be more eye-catching than the other, but for me the intent is the same - it's just a casual 'I like this' not a 'HEY LOOK AT ME!'.

My personal style
  • long full skirts (definitely below the knee, preferably floor length)
  • mainly loose and flowing, but more fitted around the waist so it's not totally shapeless
  • puffed sleeves
  • lace, ribbons, beading, ornate clasps or buttons
  • medieval, renaissance, regency, victorian, or edwardian flavor
  • fantasy nature - leaves, petals, flowers, ferns, mushrooms, moss, fairy wings
  • generally comfortable, fanciful, not stiff, not minimalistic
  • avoiding classic modern: no regular t-shirts with pictures, no jeans, no collared button up shirts, no suits, no tennis shoes.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,333 Posts
Yeah, I'm not very fashion conscious. I try to coordinate, but I'm just a: "...Blue jeans and nice shirt and a pair of dark boots" sort of guy.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts