Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really curious to how i, or any other infj, might appear to someone else.

because some people think i'm passioant, convicted, some say i'm serious, some say i'm goofy, and there are the people who think i'm crazy and have issues. i know it takes a long time for ppl to start to appreciate me but how do we improve our self presentation in interviews? cause unfortunately, i always the the X, when its based on a first impression.

spill your thoughts!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Our Ni (introverted intuition) sizes up someone, and our Fe (extraverted feeling) greets them... so *a lot* of our interactions are shaped by how others interact with us. IE, if someone is sad, we feel sad and respond in kind.

I am by no means suggesting you do this, but I try to improve my Se (extraverted sensing) ability because I know the world is made of mostly sensors. This means, I typically look the part (dress well) and play up social niceties (Hi! *Smile* How are you?)

9 times out of 10 this results in people liking me... even if personally I feel like they dont know me at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do we know how function are used? Is it in cycle such as a brain moves around in patterns? Maybe how we present ourselves is from pattern of thoughts and not just functions alone.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
...but I try to improve my Se (extraverted sensing) ability because I know the world is made of mostly sensors. This means, I typically look the part (dress well) and play up social niceties (Hi! *Smile* How are you?)
Very clever! I also try to dress well in public but I never thought of it that way (ie, to appeal to sensors via Se). You just taught me something new. :cool:

If I'm around one person or a small group who don't talk too much then I can often blend in. When people are in trouble I instinctively help them - which usually means that they like me at first but then run away later, probably because they feel uncomfortable that i know so much about them and they know nothing about me, haha! But I digress...

I think that I'm often thought of as a snob because i turn down many invitations to "hang out". I prefer one-on-one conversation or just being alone. I get bored easily and most social situations are terribly boring. I can't hide my disdain well in this situation. I also can't be around people who talk too much - I'll avoid these types like they have a communicable disease, even when they are really nice.

I can also come across to different people as very intense, or very detached. They are seeing two sides of the same coin. About being "detached" - one close friend (an ENFP, I think) was recently surprised when I talked about how I felt - she said "You never talk about how you feel" - but to me this just shows she doesn't pay attention, LOL.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
"I think that I'm often thought of as a snob because i turn down many invitations to "hang out". I prefer one-on-one conversation or just being alone. I get bored easily and most social situations are terribly boring. I can't hide my disdain well in this situation. I also can't be around people who talk too much - I'll avoid these types like they have a communicable disease, even when they are really nice.

I can also come across to different people as very intense, or very detached. They are seeing two sides of the same coin. About being "detached" - one close friend (an ENFP, I think) was recently surprised when I talked about how I felt - she said "You never talk about how you feel" - but to me this just shows she doesn't pay attention, LOL. "

Yes! This is how I feel!

With a slight variation of the person being surprised. Usually people are surprised that I feel xyz way because I usually project something else (unless I've known them for a very long time, which is not many people, then I don't do this), some other feeling. I've wondered what if I didn't do that at times, but I already know.

Just like someone said, when you really say what you've been thinking, usually for me at least it comes out after a very thorough and complex thought process about something. So it comes out full blast all at once and people don't know what to do. Most people I know kind of shut down on me and don't respond. So rather than have that result, which I dislike a lot, I don't say much and people usually assume everything is a certain way based on my ambiguous portrail of how I feel. Which as I just mentioned, is usually inaccurate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts