Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you use body language and physical affection more or compliments and verbal affirmation? Or do you do more practical favors like cleaning, cooking, buying little gifts? I am referring to how you show love in romantic relationships by the way. :happy:

Also what make you feel loved?

·
Registered
123 Posts
OMG! I'm a huge cuddle bug if my partner allows it! On a chair, on the couch, on the bed, and stand up cuddles( aka hugging). With my beloved friends, I would move heaven, hell, and the cosmos if I could. If my friends are hungry, I'll cook for them or take them out. If a friend is down on their luck, my time is at their whim. I'm not a huge gift giver, but if it's their birthday or a gift giving holiday, I always find something personal that I remembered them referring to in past events together.
With my partner or friends, If I give you my verbally expressed soul (my life story-personal emotional thoughts and experiences), then I love you more than you'll ever comprehend- because not only do I love you, but I also trust you enough to love me in return.

I feel at my most loved when I can freely speak and not be judged for saying something goofy or off the wall. A partners attempt at trying to understand me and except my quirks is the biggest part of love for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you have my attention, and I remember what you say and every detail about you... you can be sure that I feel affection for you. If I tell you the details of my life that I don't share with almost anyway, I adore you. I can be physically affectionate, but I have trouble sometimes expressing this, especially in front of people. Time together is important, eye contact,talking and talking and talking... I would say compliments and verbal affirmation make me feel very loved. I love people by doing anything in the world for them, any time of the day, no matter what it costs.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I am the physical type. Hugs and cuddling for certain, gosh I want that more than the sexy time, and I'm a man so I want the sexytime a lot. Gosh I wish I had someone to cuddle with. Though other than that I like to give gifts.

Seriously my Ideal night would to be curled up cuddling with my girlfriend watching movies and of course Doctor Who and slowly fall asleep in each others arms. Sounds amazing.

What makes me feel loved, the cuddling most certainly. Other kinds of affection of course as long as the person is trying. Though I dislike gifts, because then it becomes a gift war of me trying to out gift my lover, and that just kills what Little money I have to my name.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
My INFJ is big on physical affection. He's always touching me: rubbing my back, holding my hand, playing with my hair. I think that he picked up on the fact that I appreciate a little bit of verbal affection, too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think I use more physical attention and body language at the beginning; Cuddling, hugging you, just caressing your back, holding your hand, and if I stare at you without saying anything. I also tend to give a lot of small gifts; nothing too expensive, things like your favorite candy or chocolates, or a book, or something that symbolizes a moment we spent together (ex/ A DVD of the first time we went to the movie theater together). I am not really the verbal type, only when I deeply care about you and love you more than I can help is when I start opening myself with words. But I usually don't let everything out for fear of being judged or being too... cheesy.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,553 Posts
In a romantic relationship? I like showing my love through physical affection and gift giving most of all. I enjoy showing my love through words as well but only if they're in written form.

Both words of affirmation and then physical affection makes me feel loved.

·
Banned
956 Posts
I think I'm very subtle. I'm not verbose about my affection at all though.. more physically expressive. I also use lots of writing as means to express the unseen feelings I have that I don't think gets translated adequately through anything else.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Love cuddles and general affection with friends, family and partners. I don't really initiate them often though, only now and then. Gift giving and verbal is something I do more often.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I like to shower my wife with both verbal and physical affection. Hugging her, telling her how beautiful I think she is. Anything that I feel, I'll express. Ravishing her is always appreciated as well. :blushed:

·
Registered
38 Posts
i'm a big hugger...I also love to cuddle which women don't understand but they accept.

I mean it's no secret that girls like men who are sometimes standoffish and don't cater to all their needs....yadda yadda.

But cuddling is as good for me as women probably like it. I have no shame in my game.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i'm a big hugger...I also love to cuddle which women don't understand but they accept.

I mean it's no secret that girls like men who are sometimes standoffish and don't cater to all their needs....yadda yadda.

But cuddling is as good for me as women probably like it. I have no shame in my game.
Nothing wrong with a guy who likes hugs, be proud...and yes have no shame. Standoffish men appear inhuman if you ask me. I like humans.

Myself - I'm a banterer I'm afraid, I tease a lot because I like to be silly when I'm happy. I'm terrible at speaking my feelings honestly though. However physical affection is lovely too, I like cuddles etc. I'm quite subtle I guess, a puzzle.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I don't partake in much physical display of affection though I wish I could be more openly and easily expressive in this manner.
When I care deeply, I give you my time even if it's a bit inconvenient for me; I give you my attention, I ask you questions, and I remember key things you've shared. Also, I write things to you that come from the depths of my heart, so it's rather crushing when some people don't pick up on how much weight my written words carry. I will reach out to you at times to show that I want to see you or am curious about your well-being and current state; this is major, too, because I'm a typical INFJ who tends to be more hesitant about reaching out.

·
Registered
709 Posts
In romantic relationships, I'm the "I want to show you with all my affection all the time, but don't want to annoy you with it" person.

Verbal compliments and teasing are a good weapon of choice with my INTJ; the sarcasm and displays of silly amounts of confidence are always good for laughter and smiles.

I'm a huge cuddle bug too, though if I don't feel the other person is receptive of it I'm more passive in that respect. But I love snuggles on the couch during movies or warm, welcoming hugs. I also will give apparently amazing back rubs, run fingers though hair, little kisses to the nose and forehead... pretty much. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts