Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I'll speak as an outsider ^_^ (my brother-in-law is an ENTP; I love him so much uughaghagh Best family member ever!) This is what I see in his relationship with my sister.

* Blunt and puts his foot in his mouth half the time. If you wake up with crazy hair, he'll tell you "You look terrible honey". If you have a zit, he'll tell you the obvious "You have a zit, honey". I've witnessed him interact with brown-eyed girls and he goes and says out loud "Brown eyes are ugly. Blue eyes are superior" and he doesn't give two shits if you have brown eyes and feel offended. I am often horrified by the stuff that comes out of his mouth. I also roll on the floor laughing half the time. If you want an obvious-truth teller, call him XD

* Likewise, he'll tell you all day long that you are hot. Even in front of an audience, in front of your prudish parents, everyone, doesn't matter. No filter.

* He'll spend all his money on you and will spoil you like you've never experienced before.

* Hardcore PDA. It's super cute to watch as an outsider.

* Constant playing around physically, including wrestling, tickles and throwing you up and down like you're a 1-lbs little puppet. By the time he realises you're a delicate flower and not an indestructible puppet, you're probably headless because he bumped your skull against cement xD

* Rampant sarcasm that will have you on the floor laughing for days, tears covering your entire face.

* Prepare for second-hand embarrassment if you are their partner. In social situations he will put his foot in his mouth half the time, he'll speak without thinking, and will spill some of your secrets that you told him in private. I've seen that this is painful for their partner, as the partner wants to crawl under the table and disappear from the planet.

* 99% of your family will adore him. This will take time, though, even a couple of years. Eventually, your family will be so in love with will that they will want him around all the time and beg you to bring him over because he is the life, soul, mind and heart of the party.

* If you're an introvert, you will have a hard time with his excessive need for adventures and socializing. You will feel drained often and there will be tension in the relationship, he will feel like he constantly misses you because you're at home introverting too much for his taste.

* Doesn't look like a softy, but a healthy one who's mature, say past 25 years old, is a total softy.

* Needs tons of attention, tons. And I mean TONS. If you're an introvert or super independent, prepare yourself to deal with this.

* He's constantly paying attention to the next adventurous, exciting and shiny object or experience. He will consume it savagely, then get bored and forget about it. You can call this being super materialistic. It can be annoying and get on your nerves when stuff from amazon is delivered to your door on a weekly basis, and he gets bored of it by day 3. Have patience.

* With this materialism thing/seeking the thrill of the new, you'll have to manage the savings in the relationship, and convince him to save up himself (not just you). To convince him to postpone gratification, you'll have to give him a specific long-term goal that he's excited about, so that he has something tangible to look forward to. He'll need lots of encouragement and reminders for what and why he's saving up, when he believes life is short and he could die tomorrow so let's just buy experiences and let's buy stuff now!

* He'll piss you off at night because he'll go to sleep listening to mystical music, or rain sounds, or ASMR, or whatever new sound has peaked his interest, and you won't be able to sleep with all that noise. He's an endlessly curious mind and wants to explore many things.

* You'll play videogames together -if you want to; he wants you to join for sure.

* At jobs, he's super hard-working. He's also ambitious and wants to escalate positions.

* In conversations, no topic is taboo. His mind wants to explore every fucking thing in the universe. You'll talk about everything under the sun and have proper debates that stimulate your intellect and imagination.

I could go on, but my list would be endless.
This is just one example of the one I know.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
A lot of the things I'd say would overlap with @entheos tbh, even though a lot of those points are circumstantial.

But ENFPs do it better. ;P

You'd probably get along well with an ENTP.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll speak as an outsider ^_^ (my brother-in-law is an ENTP; I love him so much uughaghagh Best family member ever!) This is what I see in his relationship with my sister.

* Blunt and puts his foot in his mouth half the time. If you wake up with crazy hair, he'll tell you "You look terrible honey". If you have a zit, he'll tell you the obvious "You have a zit, honey". I've witnessed him interact with brown-eyed girls and he goes and says out loud "Brown eyes are ugly. Blue eyes are superior" and he doesn't give two shits if you have brown eyes and feel offended. I am often horrified by the stuff that comes out of his mouth. I also roll on the floor laughing half the time. If you want an obvious-truth teller, call him XD

* Likewise, he'll tell you all day long that you are hot. Even in front of an audience, in front of your prudish parents, everyone, doesn't matter. No filter.

* He'll spend all his money on you and will spoil you like you've never experienced before.

* Hardcore PDA. It's super cute to watch as an outsider.

* Constant playing around physically, including wrestling, tickles and throwing you up and down like you're a 1-lbs little puppet. By the time he realises you're a delicate flower and not an indestructible puppet, you're probably headless because he bumped your skull against cement xD

* Rampant sarcasm that will have you on the floor laughing for days, tears covering your entire face.

* Prepare for second-hand embarrassment if you are their partner. In social situations he will put his foot in his mouth half the time, he'll speak without thinking, and will spill some of your secrets that you told him in private. I've seen that this is painful for their partner, as the partner wants to crawl under the table and disappear from the planet.

* 99% of your family will adore him. This will take time, though, even a couple of years. Eventually, your family will be so in love with will that they will want him around all the time and beg you to bring him over because he is the life, soul, mind and heart of the party.

* If you're an introvert, you will have a hard time with his excessive need for adventures and socializing. You will feel drained often and there will be tension in the relationship, he will feel like he constantly misses you because you're at home introverting too much for his taste.

* Doesn't look like a softy, but a healthy one who's mature, say past 25 years old, is a total softy.

* Needs tons of attention, tons. And I mean TONS. If you're an introvert or super independent, prepare yourself to deal with this.

* He's constantly paying attention to the next adventurous, exciting and shiny object or experience. He will consume it savagely, then get bored and forget about it. You can call this being super materialistic. It can be annoying and get on your nerves when stuff from amazon is delivered to your door on a weekly basis, and he gets bored of it by day 3. Have patience.

* With this materialism thing/seeking the thrill of the new, you'll have to manage the savings in the relationship, and convince him to save up himself (not just you). To convince him to postpone gratification, you'll have to give him a specific long-term goal that he's excited about, so that he has something tangible to look forward to. He'll need lots of encouragement and reminders for what and why he's saving up, when he believes life is short and he could die tomorrow so let's just buy experiences and let's buy stuff now!

* He'll piss you off at night because he'll go to sleep listening to mystical music, or rain sounds, or ASMR, or whatever new sound has peaked his interest, and you won't be able to sleep with all that noise. He's an endlessly curious mind and wants to explore many things.

* You'll play videogames together -if you want to; he wants you to join for sure.

* At jobs, he's super hard-working. He's also ambitious and wants to escalate positions.

* In conversations, no topic is taboo. His mind wants to explore every fucking thing in the universe. You'll talk about everything under the sun and have proper debates that stimulate your intellect and imagination.

I could go on, but my list would be endless.
This is just one example of the one I know.
Geez entps seems Fun...where to find entps in real life? XD

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Depends on how high the E, the N, the T, and P. High vs low preference makes a huge difference. Like, the more the T the less the P and the more aggressive the ENTP. And I'd say low-high N is the dog-cat factor. Low Ns are more curious and dynamic. They're more normal... Low N high T is the typical prankster. Reverse it and you get the philosopher. Low P makes smart business men or engineers, but they're also the most controlling. High Ps are very laid back and anxious, but also, very kind.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depends on how high the E, the N, the T, and P. High vs low preference makes a huge difference. Like, the more the T the less the P and the more aggressive the ENTP. And I'd say low-high N is the dog-cat factor. Low Ns are more curious and dynamic. They're more normal... Low N high T is the typical prankster. Reverse it and you get the philosopher. Low P makes smart business men or engineers, but they're also the most controlling. High Ps are very laid back and anxious, but also, very kind.
I see. So what category do you fall into?

·
Registered
INFJ 1w9 so/sx
200 Posts
It seems this question entirely depends on the girlfriend in question.

If you encourage exploration/improvisation/imagination and get energy from those qualities he'll probably be great. If you discourage them probably a nightmare.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,690 Posts
I have an ENTP friend, and what a prankster! *swoons* He's so awesome, and we always have a good time together. He's nice and "out there" like I am, but he's more blunt about it. This leads to a lot of fun! Our friends (mostly Feelers) often say he's a jerk, and that he's actually kind for once when he's drunk. He easily brushes it off, but I dare not say anything like that about him!! I don't think he's a jerk at all, and he knows it. He is a softie, and I, specifically, must make sure that I don't make fun of his flaws and mistakes too often. He gets these sad puppy dog eyes, and it's very innocent and genuine! He puts a lot of stock into what I think of him. I can always roll with any prank he does, even at my own expense, because I know he likes me a lot and values my opinions. If he was my boyfriend, it would be very rewarding to cultivate value and understanding in each other so that we would always have someone on our team.

He's dating an ISFJ, which I find fascinating because they are each other's inferior functions. They don't do much PDA. What they do is covert, like the girlfriend standing behind him, and no one even realizes she's touching him, but she is playing with his hair or stroking his shoulders. He doesn't ever touch her, it seems. He doesn't talk about what he feels about her unless he's drunk, and then it is very simple things. He'll just say he likes her. He likes her because she looks after him, I think. He acts more freely whenever she is around because he feels secure and cared for. They go out to breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, coffee, parties together many times a week. I'd wager to say they do something extra together every day.

Once, we were all talking after a concert, and they started to have a "couple moment" where they started working out a resolution of a previous misunderstanding. It was really neat to witness(as I stood by the girlfriend's sister, talking about something else) because they were both smiling rather comfortably. They weren't trying to defend themselves from each other; they trusted each other and didn't have any doubts. They were resolving a conflict, but it looked like two best friends talking about anything. In the case, they were just telling each other what they thought and how they thought the other person thought. I don't even know what the issue was about! Maybe some scheduling thing.

In public situations, like a group conversation, my ENTP friend will have major Ne moments where he's super engaged with people, talking to them with energetic fervor, leaning towards them—and it looks like he leaves his girlfriend in the dust!! He will not have any part of his body facing her at all! It's like she gets ignored, and I wonder how she feels about that. I thought for a while that they just weren't going to be a couple anymore because they certainly didn't act like it in public! And he talks over her too! I know I wouldn't like that at all, and I would want to be engaged in the conversation too. They either make up for it in private, or she just deals with her frustration. Sometimes he doesn't pay attention to her when she's talking, and sometimes they bicker like old people. It's more often the ISFJ who bickers and picks—the ENTP is in la-la land and doesn't pay attention!!

I try to predict if their relationship will stand the test of time or not. I would not be against dating and loving an ENTP in the future, but I can't have my friend. His girlfriend is a good friend of mine. I'm not going to get into their business. It's hard because I want to spend time with him, but I feel like I'm a threat to the relationship since he ignores his girlfriend to talk to me!! I try to be quiet and out of the way so I don't interfere with their relationship dynamic or lead my ISFJ friend to distrust me. The way we talk to each other, it's like we flirt all the time, but it's just the way we talk. I've never heard him and his girlfriend flirt, so I don't know how he does it!

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wonder why did i asked this piece of shit. It's like I'm proposing to myself

1 - 20 of 45 Posts