Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do INTJ experiences like P type in disorganised?(like late meeting or project, miss train,get up late and miss appointment.etc..)
In what kind of situation? How do you feel?
How do you manage to stay in J type?

·
Banned
919 Posts
Everyone has, life happens.

To understand, you'll have to understand cognitive functions. I'm not J because I'm pedantic, orderly, and organised (although I do prefer order over chaos and I take my obligations seriously), but because my cognitive functions are Ni-Te-Fi-Se. Even though my habits change, my functions don't.

My ISFJ mom often says that I'm "just like your(my) father" who happens to be ESTP and always late. I'm rarely late but I know when I can be late, or how much time I need to be exactly on time. While she has to be 2h early to not be late(in her mind)...
But I don't see it as being more "P".

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I don't think any J type lives up to the rigid stereotype of what a J is "supposed" to be.

I think for me the rule of thumb is how much I care or view something as important. If I don't, I don't pay it any mind.

Examples:

I am not much of a housekeeper. I do things when I feel like it and even then I'm dragging my feet. I try to get housework out of the way before it's a mess but once it's a mess I'm kinda like oh well, it's already a mess now so I'll get around to it when I feel like it.

I am early 95% of the time but if I don't want to do something, I don't care. It doesn't bother me to be late in those scenarios. The other 95% of the time, being late is upsetting to me. The other 5% I have sort of a "be glad I'm even showing up" attitude.

I've never missed a deadline because that is something I take very seriously. I do not waste other peoples time/money because I don't want/like it done to me.

I don't expend effort arbitrarily and I can't make myself care. If I don't want to do something, I'm like a mule. If it doesn't register as significant, I have a hard time remembering.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Ah the problem with the cartoonish characters that was created by the INFP school teacher called Isabel Briggs Myers and her Mom Katharine Cook Briggs. Why did she do that? Well to turn it simple plain English to exaggerate the differences between people. Also, I speculate, that she did it, so that the intuitive types that never fit in can also get a chance, somewhere else. MBTI is very, favouritism, hence why intelligence is such a big deal in MBTI, but doesn't exist in Socionics that is a fair system, because it was built up from a logical perspective.

So, in the MBTI system, ENTPs and INTJs are supposedly closer to each, since both are Irrational Dominants, which is Intuitives, where the one's attitude is Extraverted while the other one's is Introverted.

So Socionics says, (I) (for intuitive), (L)ogical, E(troverted) ENTp (ILE) or ILI(troverted) for the introverted one. Because only the two functions makes your type.

So the question, is, the J, which is the 2nd function Extroverted Thinking or as socionics refer to as Logical, J (MBTI) to the external world.

So the answer is, yes in certain conditions, if the person is only living in their dominant Function, Ni, with no support from their Te function then they will appear "P" like, after all the dominant function is Pi. Might even test as INTP by mistake. See where I'm going with this? Where INTPs can test as INTJs because they are Ji-doms, e.g. Ti without the support of Ne.

And yet in Jung's early formulation of his types, he said INTx appear the same, it is only when taking a closer look that you will find out the one is very different from the other. So can anybody just pick up on this? Perhaps with time, because Augusta did just that, without tests, and MBTI was based on a 150 question test then observation, side note is, that Isabel herself also thought that both ENTPs and ISFJ were both ambiverts and that they were the ideal match for each other, until some other MBTI followers said otherwise.

To get back to the point, yes INTJs can appear P like, in two ways. The first one I mentioned, which then coincidentally is followed by, the swing from Ni to Se, from INTJ, to a very bad version of the ESFP (Se Fi). So there is the other P.

So why the swing? well, what happened in the environment that didn't allow the INTJ to use his J or Te? That would force the INTJ to be something else... and becomes the ESFP. Doesn't mean ESFPs are bad, they are very good at what they do, the INTJ has no experience in how to be one, but becomes one without the knowledge of doing so.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Yeah, all the time. I'm rarely late, though. When I am, it's usually because I left at the exact time I needed to be somewhere and forgot to account for delays.

Don't care for it, but it happens.

And right now, I have a pair of socks on the floor, an empty box of crackers I need to recycle as well as papers strewn about the desk. This is as messy as I get, but it's still messy even though I'm "J."

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Do INTJ experiences like P type in disorganised?(like late meeting or project, miss train,get up late and miss appointment.etc..)
Almost never.

In what kind of situation?
I've slept through my phone alarm (or turned it off but fell asleep again) a few times. I stopped that by buying an alarm clock and putting it on the opposite side of the room so it couldn't happen again. I tend to have work completed well before due dates. I don't like carrying worry type thoughts about deadlines in my head, it's just not me to do anxiety/procrastination. The drama of it is not my style either. I also find that if you are well organized an unexpected set back can be recovered from far more easily. I cut off dating someone (ENFP) bc he asked me if I'd seen his keys (lol).

How do you feel?
Organized. In control. Efficient. 'Free' mentally. Relaxed. Relieved to not be caught up in the nightmare of not being in control of the little things that occur daily -- to me that's a form of insanity and/or mental cruelty. I prefer to have 'systems' to take care of the mundane rather than the denial-panic routine I see my P friends do. I need to build/progress, I can't do that if this is Groundhog Day.

It's who I am.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
As joup said, INTJs are perceivers in socionic terms. Judiciousness is second to intuition. We're often characterized (or stereotyped) as scientists when many of us have more of a detective-like mindset. Speaking for myself, I'm notorious for being punctual, reliable, and organized, but also easily confused in the absence of a plan, dreamy/air-headed, and even "ditzy." Your classic Cloudcuckoolander.

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,465 Posts
Yeah, all the time. I'm rarely late, though. When I am, it's usually because I left at the exact time I needed to be somewhere and forgot to account for delays.

Don't care for it, but it happens.

And right now, I have a pair of socks on the floor, an empty box of crackers I need to recycle as well as papers strewn about the desk. This is as messy as I get, but it's still messy even though I'm "J."
this isn't messy at all

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
As others have said, because INTJs lead with Ni they are essentially perceivers.

I tend to lose track of time when Im doing stuff at home (most often because Im on the computer) and I also tend to underestimate how long it takes for me to get somewhere. This is one of the reasons why I stopped taking the bus to school, the fucking buses dont follow the schedule and often leave a minute early or more. Also it is infuriating for a miscalculation of 1 minute to become a 10 minute delay as I wait for the next bus. I hate waiting in general which is why I dont leave the house 5 minutes earlier in addition to the 3ish minutes it takes me to get to the bus station just to stand there like an idiot, pacing around. I now commute by bike and I love it, how late or early I am is less dependent on outside factors.

Also, I dont see the point of strictly following unimportant schedules to the letter. Something like a lecture, who gives a fuck if Im 3 minutes late, thats absolutely irrelevant, the important thing about school is showing up for class or otherwise keeping up with your studies.

Im lazy with chores and other "worldly" stuff because it feels unimportant. That seems to be a theme here, unimportant things get thrown aside.

It is mostly my nature and a few habits but mostly just my nature. Ive been working on increasing my productivity for probably years by now but that effort hasnt seen much success. Ruling a city is easier than ruling yourself.

·
Registered
442 Posts
This adherence to socionics is essentially just adherence to Jung.

The fact is, I know several Perceivers who are more punctual than many Judgers. You can't underestimate the power of character.

Personally, I absolutely hate being late. Depending on the situation, and at somewhat of an extreme, I'd rather be an hour early and sit there bored than be 1 minute late.

Deadlines are often arbitrary, which is why they are hit and miss with me. Regardless my drive to completion usually fills in the gap of my interest when I need it to.

You don't "manage" to stay in "J" type. It's just how you're inclined to think, as far as I know. Not much you can do to change that in any kind of permanent capacity.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
You can't underestimate the power of character.
Preach!

Personally, I absolutely hate being late. Depending on the situation, and at somewhat of an extreme, I'd rather be an hour early and sit there b0red than be 1 minute late.
Same here.

You don't "manage" to stay in "J" type. It's just how you're inclined to think
Think? Or act?

·
Banned
601 Posts
Following the "template"..

As so many above you pointed out, OP, INTJ's are first and foremost percievers based on our Ni. Personally speaking, as one INTJ before me said: "You can either be a planful P or a lazy J". I fall under the latter. Personally speaking, I always strive to be to appointments early/on-time as I dislike the idea of confrontation, prefer structure in my life to <insert appropriate P analogy here>, and like things to be crossed off the proverbial list. Work first, play later (although lately it's been the other way around unfortunately).

As for how I manage to stay in J type, I believe your question is flawed, as it's not a behavioral characteristic, it's a cognitive one. But whenever my Te yells at me to (pardon the french) get off my lazy ass, that's when I have the compulsion to organize/put things into order/start being productive. I sincerily hope this helps.

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,465 Posts
It's really messy for me. This is what my room typically looks like, minus the pillows. I can't stand to have things lying about.
I just find it amusing when INTJs say they are messy because then I show them my desk. Though admittedly I've seen even messier than mine. TBH Te-dom/aux rooms are room goals for me, but somehow when I tidy up it only lasts for an hour:laughing:

u have a kittyy :3

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'm disorganised - miss trains and appointments when I need to miss them (although I hate missing them). My household has always been super chaotic. Also, I'm quite clumsy so it happens that my shirt lacks a button or there's a stain on my trousers, which I won't notice unless someone mentions them.

But I'm super organised in my thinking, in the categories I use to understand the world around me. I can spot patterns very easily.

Generally, I'm more of a creative, innovative type than a person following rules.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts