Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, as a representative over at the ISTP I yield myself to any authority or prejudice I have here. I am a trespasser here.

My reason for being here is this - One of the members at our forum is very curious at your type, but there is a communication barrier. How can ISTPs better observe your culture and ways in hopes of future relations?

That is if you're so inclined.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Not taking everything literally, as we like being sarcastic? Otherwise, I think it shouldn't be too hard to talk to us...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not taking everything literally, as we like being sarcastic? Otherwise, I think it shouldn't be too hard to talk to us...
Filo, why do you like being sarcastic?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I didn't say I like it. Often, the shortest description of something just smells of sarcasm. Pussfy-footing is socially required.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't say I like it. Often, the shortest description of something just smells of sarcasm. Pussfy-footing is socially required.
Is there anything else?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Is there anything else?
Okay, I have a penchant for making remarks that may seem like jokes, but actually are not. Or the other way around. Or both at the same time, a joke that is true. This is very difficult for some people to deal with.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
In other words, there's no way to talk to INTJs without possibly getting annoyed. And when you're annoyed, it probably won't make any difference to the INTJ.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I have a penchant for making remarks that may seem like jokes, but actually are not. Or the other way around. Or both at the same time, a joke that is true. This is very difficult for some people to deal with.
Earlier you said 'we'. How does what you do personally in the form of sarcasm, average with other INTJs?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In other words, there's no way to talk to INTJs without possibly getting annoyed. And when you're annoyed, it probably won't make any difference to the INTJ.
You are saying we should use diplomacy?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Earlier you said 'we'. How does what you do personally in the form of sarcasm, average with other INTJs?
Astute. INTJs are known for sarcasm. You asked about my personal motives. I answered that. I cannot comment too much on the deltails of how other INTJs use sarcasm.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Astute. INTJs are known for sarcasm. You asked about my personal motives. I answered that. I cannot comment too much on the deltails of how other INTJs use sarcasm.
Thank you for your time. I have no further questions for you.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
One of the members at our forum is very curious at your type, but there is a communication barrier. How can ISTPs better observe your culture and ways in hopes of future relations?
Why doesn't that person just come into the INTJ forum? What communication barrier do you speak of? Why can't they talk about this themselves, rather than making you do it for them?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why doesn't that person just come into the INTJ forum? What communication barrier do you speak of? Why can't they talk about this themselves, rather than making you do it for them?
-Volition-

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
ISTPs and INTJs should get along swimmingly if they play the same sport..
The only real barrier is if the ISTP is anti-intellectual or the INTJ is an elitist.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ISTPs and INTJs should get along swimmingly if they play the same sport..
The only real barrier is if the ISTP is anti-intellectual or the INTJ is an elitist.
I agree with the latter very strongly.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very good then. Thank you for your time, this is where I depart.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts