Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean Cast Away alone. I mean like you're going about your day, doing whatever you're doing, still interacting with humans, and maybe some slight to no contact with friends, all your modern conveniences still available to you.

Well, I've had my share of practice since I returned to the states, and I can be completely normal alone for a couple weeks or so. I've gone months by myself before. That wasn't a particularly happy time, lol.

You know, a lot of times I prefer being alone to being with people who don't give a crap about you. I mean, still the extrovert that I am, sometimes I'll give in and hang out anyway - to energize myself for the coming days alone.

Today, I had the opportunity to hang out with a friend. I got ready and left the house. There was only 5 minutes left before the bus got there and my skateboard stopped in its tracks. I hadn't cleaned the bearings for a great while, these are the consequences. Normally, I'm very determined to see people when I get all dressed and ready, but this time I didn't feel like busting a mission and trekking several miles to be with people who didn't and never really did appreciate my effort to get there.

BTW: I'm young, without a car, and they're, say, almost four miles away.

Yet, I wasn't upset. I wasn't disappointed that I didn't get to be with people. I considered the options in my head and there were several relaxing and enjoyable things to do by myself. Plus, I have the internet. Thank goodness for the internet.

You're probably wondering: Why am I not doing my homework?

Well, dear friends, that is beside the point!

Anyways, describe your tolerances to alone time and all the many factors in between.

·
Registered
20 Posts
5 mins! Haha, just kidding

It really depends on my mood. If I'm in a rut or down I need distractions. A lot of times I start randomly texting, searching out people, almost anyone just to randomly chat or hang out. So if I was in a crap mood and depressed I'd almost immediately start looking for people and get quiet upset if no one was available, then resort to digging up a movie to distract myself. If I'm in a good mood I do better on my own but will rarely turn down a chance to be with other people. I'd say if I was in a good mood, no worries, by the end of the week I'd be going a little nutty calling people looking for company.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I feel OK being alone when humans are around.When there are no humans around and I'm fully engaged in hobbies, that's fine too, but when i have nothing doing and no one is around, i can tolerate loneliness for........... ever! LONELINESS ACTUALLY INSPIRES ME. It's the time when the best comes out of me. I have learned not to be too comforted by company.

Lone time is the time when i discover more of my potentials and find new things to do to become a greater jack of every thing!

·
Registered
565 Posts
DUH, you're an INTJ. Your spouse could go missing and it would take you days to notice. :wink:

I can go a day or two tops without serious problems. Still, the first person I see that I know I can do it with, I'm going to crawl over like a monkey.

·
Registered
754 Posts
DUH, you're an INTJ. Your spouse could go missing and it would take you days to notice. :wink:

I can go a day or two tops without serious problems. Still, the first person I see that I know I can do it with, I'm going to crawl over like a monkey.
Another stereotyping of intjs.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
i've been alone revising for exams apart from my mother since.. midday yesterday and i've had that frustrated feeling in my stomach all day today, so i guess that makes it about a day before i start going insane :mellow:
i felt all drowsy today as well, it was weird, i don't know what that was about though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts