Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me I'd wait at least a good two weeks, so that I don't make them feel like a piece of meat. However, if she offers it before than, I may take it. How about the rest of you all?

Reactions: joyrjw and Outcode

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
More than 2 weeks. Being a more romantic(actually just reserved), i think a few months. I know that may seem like too long for most people, but im not into relationships for the sex alone.
Ive had the no strings attached offers before and haven't ever acted on those, which i feel quite unsure about. A lot of my friends look at me like i am the weirdest person they ever met, i am just not into it, i really don't know if i need to loosen up or keep my own pace. For a guy i feel, my lack of horndog-ishness is rather strange. But that changes when i get to know a person.

And damn Nate, you really make a lot of sex threads. Whats the deal?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Probably whenever the time felt right. Three weeks before I tried to make a serious move but not out and out. Being forthright would take probably a good month. However, if she asked me, than probably so but that depends on circumstances. Someone I just met...probably not. But a friend that I went out with on a date, anytime most likely.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
Let's see... took me over 1 year to lay a finger (read, have sex) on my girlfriend and we've been together for a little over 3 years. That should give you the answer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Depends on how drunk I get. LOL

But seriously, it depends on how comfortable I am around the person.

If theres an instant connection/attraction it may not take too long at all.

Some people are harder to warm up to and those may take a couple of weeks. But I agree with Nate, if she offers it before then I'll probably take it.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
No time limit. It happens when it happens.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Long enough that I'm not too in my shell to say 'hey wanna have sex?'. (This takes a long time actually...)

·
Registered
26,829 Posts
Probably at least a few months, and only then if I'm ready to have sex. I'm in no rush, and I would rather get to know someone first.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
There's no set waiting period.

Sexing someone you just met isn't necessarily dark, irresponsible and wrong. It's just that it's usually left me feeling like I had a bag of potato chips for dinner: Greasy, disappointed in myself, and not really nourished. It's usually not very good sex, either.

Also, I feel I need to take enough time to decide just how crazy and f-ed up she is and if there's some odd circumstance involved like: "Oh, you don't mind if my husband joins us, do you? I mean, you're open, right?" or "I don't usually do this and I don't want you to get the wrong idea but I really, really need some money now to pay rent. Sorry I didn't tell you before" or "I'm glad we are attracted to each other, and now that we're alone I feel I can share my innermost feelings about being born-again in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ." or "I just said I was 18 to buy cigarettes. Everyone does it, y'know???"

But normally by the third date something needs to have happened. It doesn't need to be full-on intercourse, but if I'm not getting to second or third base with us both enjoying it and wanting more by that time, it's probably not going to be a sexual relationship.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More than 2 weeks. Being a more romantic(actually just reserved), i think a few months. I know that may seem like too long for most people, but im not into relationships for the sex alone.
Ive had the no strings attached offers before and haven't ever acted on those, which i feel quite unsure about. A lot of my friends look at me like i am the weirdest person they ever met, i am just not into it, i really don't know if i need to loosen up or keep my own pace. For a guy i feel, my lack of horndog-ishness is rather strange. But that changes when i get to know a person.

And damn Nate, you really make a lot of sex threads. Whats the deal?
You are a much better person than me. Oh, and I don't know why I make so many sex threads. I just like talking about it.

·
Banned
557 Posts
With differing peoples comes different waiting periods until you get to third base. I, on the other hand, would rather read the girl's body language to see when she'd let me have full access in, then make my move.

However, if we're getting anywhere within months of spending time together, then I'm assuming she's: A) One of these annoying as hell "purity enthusiasts" that come straight out of a christian youth group, B) Is uninterested in me, C) Wasting my damn time. I see my possible relationships with girls around me like I view any obtainable item---> If I'm not getting the whole package and getting left out of something that comes along with it, to hell with that! I want my endeavours to be complete successes, to head straight to the top with them.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Well being an INFJ, I'd need to feel a deep connection on many levels and then I'd jump his bones. :tongue:

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I don't know. It depends on the person and the kind of future our relationship has. Hard and fast rules are not a good idea when dealing with sex.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.