Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I heard entjs have this ‘testing phase’ before they decide they want to persue a potential partner. How long does it take for an entj to decide they want to persue the pontential partner and how do you know you’re in the entjs ‘testing phase’? What do they look for in the testing phase?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Can't really relate. When someone says "testing", I automatically think of the more anxious Enneagram 6.

Before I decide to pursue any potential partner, there'll be a phase of observation. Observation from afar, with an occasional "poke", to see how they react.
I try get a gist of the person, if we may or may not be compatible and also gauge my interest. (e.g. is it worth potential rejection?)

There is really no time-frame for such things; but most girls I have asked out took 3 days up to a month before I took the step.

Reactions: MetaMD

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,463 Posts
So I heard entjs have this ‘testing phase’ before they decide they want to persue a potential partner. How long does it take for an entj to decide they want to persue the pontential partner and how do you know you’re in the entjs ‘testing phase’? What do they look for in the testing phase?
It happened in the time it took you to post the question. ENTJs are rather decisive about most things. I've never heard of any sort of "test phase" with them. They are direct and generally go for what they want.

4 Stages of ENTJ Relationships

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It happened in the time it took you to post the question. ENTJs are rather decisive about most things. I've never heard of any sort of "test phase" with them. They are direct and generally go for what they want.

4 Stages of ENTJ Relationships

Oh by testing I meant observing. Some people seem to call it testing haha

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't really relate. When someone says "testing", I automatically think of the more anxious Enneagram 6.

Before I decide to pursue any potential partner, there'll be a phase of observation. Observation from afar, with an occasional "poke", to see how they react.
I try get a gist of the person, if we may or may not be compatible and also gauge my interest. (e.g. is it worth potential rejection?)

There is really no time-frame for such things; but most girls I have asked out took 3 days up to a month before I took the step.
What was the difference between when it took you 3 days and a month to approach?

·
Beer Guardian
15,463 Posts
Oh by testing I meant observing. Some people seem to call it testing haha
I tend to think that ENTJs know what they like and generally go for it when they see it. They'll initiate contact and interact to find out whether there's more to it than just initial attraction.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I tend to think that ENTJs know what they like and generally go for it when they see it. They'll initiate contact and interact to find out whether there's more to it than just initial attraction.
There's often an observation period, at least with female ENTJs.

·
Beer Guardian
15,463 Posts
There's often an observation period, at least with female ENTJs.
That could be social conditioning. Women are expected to be less forward (not that they have to be).

Reactions: alexhales

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8
4,954 Posts
If you feel like you're being tested then it's likely the entj has some uncertainty about you. Actions speak louder than words, so it's usually more reliable to see how you react to certain situations than to ask what you would do in a situation. That's something that a person SHOULDN'T do if interested in someone, but it can be the best way to gauge and whether or not to maintain interest.

The "testing phase" won't last very long, unless you lead the ENTJ to have a lot of doubts about you in which case the interest would likely cool quickly. What's likely if it seems that he's now observing you, he's probably waiting for an appropriate time to flirt or pursue you. If the ENTJ and you are in a work or school setting, then that could complicate the situation, especially if it's a workplace relationship.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you feel like you're being tested then it's likely the entj has some uncertainty about you. Actions speak louder than words, so it's usually more reliable to see how you react to certain situations than to ask what you would do in a situation. That's something that a person SHOULDN'T do if interested in someone, but it can be the best way to gauge and whether or not to maintain interest.

The "testing phase" won't last very long, unless you lead the ENTJ to have a lot of doubts about you in which case the interest would likely cool quickly. What's likely if it seems that he's now observing you, he's probably waiting for an appropriate time to flirt or pursue you. If the ENTJ and you are in a work or school setting, then that could complicate the situation, especially if it's a workplace relationship.
Well we’re in a study groupat school together.. And technically he’s sort of the ‘teacher’ of the group...

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Not just in romantic relationships, also in potential friendships, I would say that there is a “sizing up” period where I’m observing the other person. They’re unaware of it, though. The potential has to be there before I approach them. so you might miss the cut and never know you were being considered.

I’m pretty good at sizing people up, though. it doesn’t take me long to reach a decision about you. There isn't a necessarily a checklist, but i know a red flag when I see it.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
What was the difference between when it took you 3 days and a month to approach?
A matter of interest and priorities. 3 days was a very appealing girl and I had no other real priorities to finish first. So I could go for it.
I do not remember why it took a month tbh. I think there was a bit of hesitation there, or different priorities.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8
4,954 Posts
Well we’re in a study groupat school together.. And technically he’s sort of the ‘teacher’ of the group...
If you're interested in him then why don't you put yourself in a private setting to have him ask you out. Or ask him out yourself if you'd prefer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not just in romantic relationships, also in potential friendships, I would say that there is a “sizing up” period where I’m observing the other person. They’re unaware of it, though. The potential has to be there before I approach them. so you might miss the cut and never know you were being considered.

I’m pretty good at sizing people up, though. it doesn’t take me long to reach a decision about you. There isn't a necessarily a checklist, but i know a red flag when I see it.
How do I know he’s observing and sizing me up? Last time he did say that he’s very observant of people and so there were some girls who thought he was interested in them and started liking him. But when he had feelings for someone they felt overwhelmed. Then he said he and I alike so he’s gonna keep his eyes on me. But it’s not like he texts me or asks me out or anything. He does seem to ask me more questions and compliments me on my work really often(we’re in a study group together at school) and seems to laugh and smile more to the things I say. But then I could just be being delusional. We’re actually in an acting study group and he teaches me and this other girl acting. I took a monologue where a girl is confessing to the boy she likes. He asked me why Inchose this cause most peopl don’t choose monologues like the one I picked because it’s embarrassing. And there were some conversation back and forth about the monologue. Then he said he was surprised because he didn’t think I would say anything like (confessing feelings) that. I asked him why and he said he thinks that for me to confess to someone it has to be really special like a really close friend or something like that(Which isn’t true actually lol). He also asked me last time that dating helps in acting and he told me that I don’t seem like soneome who have dated anyone before. Which is true. He asked me why and I told him there were alot of reasons but there wasn’t anyone I truly liked execpt for one person but that didn’t work out. He asked me why I liked him and I told him because we had so much in common. Then he said he wishes for me to date and thinks it would really be a good experience for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you're interested in him then why don't you put yourself in a private setting to have him ask you out. Or ask him out yourself if you'd prefer.
Yeah.. well I was planning on doing that..wish me luckzz

·
Beer Guardian
15,463 Posts
Not necessarily. Guys aren't the only ones asking people out anymore.
I'd love to have a woman ask me out. As far as I know, I've always had to be the one to ask them. I'm relatively average looking, but charming.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts