Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long have you gone without having sex? Be honest!

And do you think it's normal or OK not to have sex at all? It seems like everyone is having it all the time but that could just be my imagination. I have'nt had a partner in a long time and have'nt felt the need to.

I am just asking on this forum because the posters here are very honest and outspoken and offer beautiful (or at least entertaining) answers.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I cant even remember the last time I chose to have sex. Assuming you are referring to consensual sex, I would say it has probably been at least six years. I don't really miss sex that much, even though I think about it a lot. I'd actually rather be naked and snuggly without having to worry about all of the risks.

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
I don't think there is a objective 'normal frequency of sex' that people should measure themselves against. Everybody's sexuality is different.

But normal for me is 2-3 times a week, presuming you're defining sex as intercourse.
Having said that, if I'm really busy, stressed or tired it is less frequent. And when I'm PMS'ing, it is much more frequent.

Reactions: Lucretius

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
I've never had sex, and I'm 23. I'm just not bothered about it at the moment. If you include masturbation as sex, then that happens almost every day.

Personally, I don't think there is a time limit on how long it is normal to go without sex. If you don't want sex, you don't want sex.

·
Registered
520 Posts
A year? I don't really have sex out of a relationship.
Frequency during a relationship depends on how often I see him. It happens maybe 2 out of 3 times I see him?

I don't think it's abnormal to be asexual (to not desire sex at all), but I do believe it's unusual.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I have gone almost 18 years without sex. Doesn't bother me at all :)
I don't think there is a "normal" amount of time to go without sex, it varies from person to person. My definition of normal with be different to somebody else. As long as somebody is happy then it doesn't matter :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Honestly, there isn't a "normal" way to have sex. One couple could be happy having it once a week and another everyday. Some people have that need more than others. Some people can go years without it, so nothing is 'normal.' Some people don't' have sex at all. Others lose their Virginity at 16, while others 22.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I've gone almost sixteen years and counting, so I'd say you're doing pretty good if it's only been two years.

·
Registered
650 Posts
one and a half years since last time...

To be honest, I kinda miss it :sad:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wouldn't know, never had. I'd like to know what its like with a woman but it'll probably never happen, usually anyone that would ever find interest in me is already taken. If I could just do it once, I would be satisfied for the rest of my life, sure I'd have cravings, but to know that its one of my achievements obtained, I'd be fine.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
It's natural to go without sex as long as it feels comfortable. This is such a personal thing, input from others can't really help much.

Just create your own normal.

Reactions: HollyGolightly

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
It's natural to go without sex as long as it feels comfortable. This is such a personal thing, input from others can't really help much.

Just create your own normal.
Agreed. 100%

I keep getting told: "Laura, you need to get laid!! Before it's too late!"
Er...no.
I'll "get laid" when I want to. Even if that's when I'm 85 years old :tongue:
I don't just want to have sex so I can say: "Look, I've done it. I fit in now." Because I'll never fit in, regardless of whether I'm sexually active or not.

Everyone says this, but it is important for it to feel right. Regret is a horrible feeling.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Hmmm.

My last actual (and first, for that record) time was like.....

Well I'm in my Junior year now, and it happened second semester of my freshman year of college (18 yrs).

I doubt I'll ever have sex again, to be honest. Ha. Maybe if I was wasted.

FOR THE RECORD FOR THIS POST I'M SPEAKING STRICTLY PENIS TO VAGINA.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
NP Imagination

I don't really crave for sex, I like it to feel connected to the person, I don't really do it for pleasure... if that seems odd at all.
I much prefer kissing, and hugging.

About the same for me. If it was not for my imagination. Keeps the Cats ISFP away.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.