Personality Cafe banner

How many close acquaintances can you type correctly and match their type's profile?

• 10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20%

• 30%

• 40%

• 50%

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 60%

• 70%

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hard to type sometimes, but other times it's easy, especially when you start from S/N, then P/J.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I was really good at predicting someone's test result at one point but I don't really type others anymore. I was STRONGLY ENCOURAGED not to speculate. Maybe sometimes I notice some type related thing but that's it

·
Registered
789 Posts
All the time!
So much so, I don't realise i'm doing it!
It is a subconcious thing now, just like any other first/ongoing impressions of people.

Although I group them in Temperament categories below, I usually get their specific types correct.
  • The SJ's and SP's are easy to spot for me because their rigidy/traditional attributes are so specific.
  • The NT's are obvious because they generally have narrow fields of interest or are logicaly orientated/have low empathy levels.
  • The NF's tend to be most difficult to define. There is a lot of crossover between the four types and often I am uncertain which is the most accurate for an individual.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
  • The NF's tend to be most difficult to define. There is a lot of crossover between the four types and often I am uncertain which is the most accurate for an individual.
Aren't the NF's the "literary" humanities types which are occupied with meaning?

·
INFP
7,070 Posts
Except for the very closest, I try to keep it a bit open, I consider and speculate some, and can conclude they have this or that way that fits with a type, so it is typology is useful as a palette to compare to, as concepts and words that makes the thoughts more clear when thinking about peoples traits and qualities, but unless I know then very well I try not to conclude. Even when knowing someone you might have to ask, as many things might stay in people's heads, might not be expressed much.

·
Premium Member
44,678 Posts
Not many

·
Registered
789 Posts
Aren't the NF's the "literary" humanities types which are occupied with meaning?
Yes, they are.
So literature and the arts are common areas of interest for NF's.
Also, you will find them in fields such as health and education quite commonly.

I was actually referring to whether a person may be INFJ / INFP or ENFP / ENFJ.
What makes it tricky with the NF's is that an 'I' type could express as quite outgoing and an 'E' type as more reflective.
The NF's tend to blend within their Temperament like chameleons ...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, they are.
So literature and the arts are common areas of interest for NF's.
Also, you will find them in fields such as health and education quite commonly.

I was actually referring to whether a person may be INFJ / INFP or ENFP / ENFJ.
What makes it tricky with the NF's is that an 'I' type could express as quite outgoing and an 'E' type as more reflective.
The NF's tend to blend within their Temperament like chameleons ...
How do you type the E/I in them? It seems to me the I's are more condescending...

·
Registered
789 Posts
How do you type the E/I in them? It seems to me the I's are more condescending...
In terms of the NF's specifically ...

Irrespective of their J/P orientation, the 'I's seem to have a 'fixed' perspective with their expression. I think it is based on their morals/ethics/integrity ?
The 'E's are more 'flexible' with their expression. They are more open to experiences that 'support' their underlying ethos and attitude to life?

That's how I interpret the complicated NF's!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Somewhere around 80%.

However, it is useless to type everyone because there are 2 cases (quite common) that makes typing not helpful at all:

1. That person has no personality. It's not individualized enough.
2. That person has too many personalities. It's overly developed so ... it's useless to make it fit only one box.

About the same percentage with strangers.
When I walk on the street and analyze people for 2 seconds, in about 80% of cases I intuit what type of personality they have.

EXCEPT N or S user. These are hard to see, usually it takes more than 5 seconds.
Of course there are some cases in which I realize in less than 5 seconds if that person has a preference for N or S, but in most cases: no.
At least Ni, it takes the longest to discover it in humans.

Many times when I don't know something and I'm curious, I do something to check.
For example, if I suspect it's SP, SJ, NT, NF, I'm testing this thing.

For example: I was walking on the street and I noticed a beautiful lady. I noticed in less than 5 seconds that she is ExTJ, I was 90% sure but I wanted to test it. I made a gesture that a Te-dom would find extremely familiar and would feel vulnerable when it notices it, exposed, and in 10 seconds the lady went from manspreading to cross-legged, playing with hair and staring at me with a glance "That's me!".

You can discover anyone's type pretty fast if you really care about it (and you've been exposed to them a lot). At least YxYY (Ys).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts