Personality Cafe banner

What's your gender, ENTP?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently ENTP is more common among men, and I was just recently wondering what are the exact numbers around here - mostly because I've just realized it's been a while since I've replied a post from a fellow ENTP lady.

Go and vote, and comment, and those kind of things.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
All E types are more common among women.
? where'd you get that from?

..quickly googling brought to pages like this MBTI in Gender -- Men & Women Personality Differences | Slayerment and this https://mypersonality.info/personality-types/population-gender/ which show F types higher for women and T types higher for guys .. but there's not much reference to where the data came from.

Makes sense to me that test results would skewed for men to test more T and women to test more F... because they're biased to try to come across that way... but I'd guess such skewness might not actually be accurate.

I don't see why E/I would be related to gender.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
All E types are more common among women.
Not with Extroverted Thinkers. Men are overwhelming thinkers in every Thinking personality type. ENTPs are statistically almost 2/3 men to 1/3 women. In my own life, I can tell you Extroverted Thinking women are a rarity, especially ExTPs (The most thinking women I have met were ESTJs). Men are 23.5% Extroverted Thinkers to 12.6% for females.

Also, that is a weird statement. I think Introvert to Extrovert are about equal for the sexes (I think it's 54% female to 46% male). In fact, the top female personality type is ISFJ at almost 20% and the highest Thinking personality type for women is ISTJ at 6.9%.

Reactions: olonny

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I think this poll is going to be skewed though. I think women (I'll go with Thinking on this) tend to be more active on these kind of sites so they are more represented than in real life. I know myself, I came here and stayed because beyond my interest in MBTI and personality theories, I wanted to connect with other ENTP females because I do not know any personally in real life. It's one of the few places that I feel completely understood.

Reactions: olonny

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think this poll is going to be skewed though. I think women (I'll go with Thinking on this) tend to be more active on these kind of sites so they are more represented than in real life. I know myself, I came here and stayed because beyond my interest in MBTI and personality theories, I wanted to connect with other ENTP females because I do not know any personally in real life. It's one of the few places that I feel completely understood.
I feel you, sis. *high-five*

That's why I asked "in here", as in, in PerC. Recently the posts I visited were mostly answered by ENTP men, so that's why I wondered.

Reactions: Geonerd

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Many feels. 1:45 until the Cubbies game! Rizzo is officially a big animal that my boy cat likes to watch for some reason. Perhaps he idolizes him. Sad that my kitty can't swing a bat. Stupid opposable thumbs...
Do you think he's a southpaw? Maybe he can pitch?

Rained out which means it will most likely be Strasburg pitching for the Nationals tomorrow (they were going to rest him if it was today). I don't want to play against him. I think Arietta was up for the Cubs. Hopefully we'll be headed to the National League Championship after tomorrow.

...Sorry for the Cubs talk... back to psychology, life pondering, other types trying to figure out the ENTP guy they like, and penis discussions---

Reactions: Haldir

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Do you think he's a southpaw? Maybe he can pitch?

Rained out which means it will most likely be Strasburg pitching for the Nationals tomorrow (they were going to rest him if it was today). I don't want to play against him. I think Arietta was up for the Cubs. Hopefully we'll be headed to the National League Championship after tomorrow.

...Sorry for the Cubs talk... back to psychology, life pondering, other types trying to figure out the ENTP guy they like, and penis discussions---
Slated is Roark vs Arrieta. We'll see. Go ahead right back to talking about penises.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts