·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many friends do you have ??

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts

I personally have only 2 friends. Before it was 8, but then highschool came around, and only two of them were going to the same highschool as me. Then we met one more person who I became friends with, and I stopped being friends with one of my old friends, because we don't really hang out anymore.
So two. but I still have imaginary friends, despite being in highschool.

A human can only have a maximum of 150 friends. Amazing, huh? I learned about it two years ago, in a psychology textbook my mum has.
This is because of the amount of time needed to get to know one another, and the length of the friendships itself. Since friends come and go, especially when it comes to changing environments, and age.

I think the video does a great job at explaining how this works. Better than I ever could.

·
Registered
INFP
2,066 Posts
I used to have a good hand full of friends, but after high school most of us kind of split into different paths. :laughing:

Right now I just have three friends that I live with. :kitteh:

And every once in awhile I would encounter one of my high school friends just taking a stroll at life. :happy:
It is interesting to hear what they have been up to.

heh heh heh :kitteh:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reactions: DarkSideOfLight

·
Registered
9,828 Posts
Zero real friends.

And i don't even have a lot of fake friends. I'm a very lonely person, very isolated actually.

Reactions: NeonMidget

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I have 3 friends. Use to have a lot more but as the saying goes: people grow and people change.

Some friendships I out grew, some they out grew me. Others went fanatically religious and if you weren't the same they dropped you. Couple friends died too. But I think the most impactful was I changed from being an extroverted child/teen to an introverted adult

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I have a lot depending on what you count as friends. If we're talking about super-close intense friends, maybe 3-5. General friends that I hang out with periodically, 10-20 range. Friendly acquaintances is countless lol

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
I have 0 friends irl.

However, I find it easy to make Internet friends. I probably have around 20 that I would consider myself close to.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,663 Posts
What do most people here consider as a friend?

I think I'm pretty lax in who I consider a friend offline. Basically, if we like each other, and we're friendly, and one of us has ever, at any point in history, talked to the other—BOOM! Friendship! I have a lot of friends, fewer good friends, and I don't use the title "best friend" even though I have some of those. I can't count all the people I care about and who care about me. It's not important to me to know the number, just as long as I can enjoy someone's company and trust that they won't hurt me. It takes a lot to hurt me, and I'm fairly trusting.

Online, I can't simply look at someone's face when they look at me and see that they have good intentions. It takes a few one-on-one conversation to call people online friends. It's new territory for me!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts