Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
To my knowledge: None. My INFP friend and I get along wonderfully though. He shows far less restraint in his actions than I do. You would think it would be the other way around (by restraint, he has been known to randomly ask a girl if she had sex with her bf yet)....I just sort of blankly stare in a, "Are you retarded?" fashion.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Two former girlfriends.
One former co-worker.
One good friend I suspect is an INTP.
Three kinda-sorta friends (you know the people you like, but never seem to get together with).
One very friendly woman in Nevada who thinks I should move there because she really likes me (I'm not into her, but I like her).
One very friendly woman I came across on the internet (overseas) who I would love to meet. <<< This one is so much like myself it frightens me a bit when I think about it.

I get along well with all of them, but there are only three on that list who I would travel with for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I personally know only one other INTP. Both him and an ENTP are my best friends; we have known each other since grade school. We get along extremely well, most of the time. He is even more detached then me though, which is a scary concept.

There is also a comprehension barrier sometimes. Don't make the mistake of thinking that those disappear around another INTP. XD

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have known many, But only 1 currently, my partner, And yeah we get on ok. There is a hell of alot of debates as i like to call them....instead of arguments. with 2 INTP's its usually a debate over who knows more about what and who is more of an expert

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
At least 4 confirmed, but I am at a philosophy department. One of them is my best friend from back home. Another one was my roommate, but a bit of a language barrier. The other two are cool, but I don't hang with them much.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Do you get on well with them?
To my knowledge, three.

I only hang out with one or two of them.
Mainly because the rest of the ones I know almost always decline invitations from everyone to hang out, and then frequently tell me they wish they had more friends to hang out with... lol.

·
Banned
440 Posts
Two. One (My cousin) highly respected for coming over for my last birthday and, unlike the rest of my family who were swarming around me enthusiastically, simply taking out his smartphone and playing Angry Birds for a couple of hours.

The other I've never spoken to but would like to in the future. Looks a bit like an orangutan. :proud:

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,604 Posts

We would get along great but he's really guarded.

IDK. Maybe I'm not as guarded as the usual INTP because after while it bores me.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
One. I've known him since 9th grade, and despite the fact that we rarely meet up in person anymore I'd still consider him one of my closest friends. It's scary how closely our thought patterns align.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I know one girl who I'm pretty sure is an INTP. I had her take the test and she got INTP, but I'd suspected she was an INTP before. She's five years younger than me but we get along fantastically for the most part. She can be a bit immature, but she's more mature than any sixteen-year-olds I know so I overlook it.

Her brother also might be an INTP.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I only know about 2 really well, and 1 one of them is basically what I guess you would call my "best friend" if you believe in labeling your friends like that. I might know 4, but I'm having a hard time deciding if the other 2 are INTJ or INTP. Hmmmmm....

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
One, potentially. I may know an ENTP as well, but I'm not very good at determining types without the assistance of a test. I like them both quite a lot, though I don't talk to them much. But I do enjoy being around them and hearing what they have to say. They're very interesting people, but the potential ENTP can be quite irritating at times. He enjoys invading my personal space, making me squirm. He used to have a habit of stealing my phone and going through it. He doesn't do this anymore, but it's still in the back of my mind.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Two, one of which was my roommate, him and I still get along flawlessly to this day. The other is a female, she's the only girl I haven't been physically attracted to that I've had sex with. She's not particularly intelligent but her thought process is sexy.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
Two, one of which was my roommate, him and I still get along flawlessly to this day. The other is a female, she's the only girl I haven't been physically attracted to that I've had sex with. She's not particularly intelligent but her thought process is sexy.
Him and I...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Two confirmed. My brother is one and we get along great. Some of the younger members on this forum say a lot of the stuff he does so I feel a bit maternal sometimes.

The other guy I went on one date, and he picked an awesome date activity but he just wasn't a good match for me. I have gone on a few dates with another guy who is either an ENTP or INTP and he's not a good match either so I told him this evening that I wasn't interested in continuing to date...

My stats professor might be another. She is awesome.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
Two confirmed. My brother is one and we get along great. Some of the younger members on this forum say a lot of the stuff he does so I feel a bit maternal sometimes.

The other guy I went on one date, and he picked an awesome date activity but he just wasn't a good match for me. I have gone on a few dates with another guy who is either an ENTP or INTP and he's not a good match either so I told him this evening that I wasn't interested in continuing to date...

My stats professor might be another. She is awesome.
Seems to me there are more female INTJs than INTPs, even among professors and such.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts