·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Quite alot.

I have my native mask.
Then my american mask.
Then the german one. (not used as much)
Then my boisterous mask.
Normal person? maybe? although i think that ME BB of mine is an I rather than an E.
CS/math mask.
Troll mask.
This one for the forums. Dissidence, pseudo-intellectual d-bag?
Brother/son mask.
SE consultant.

^ They all seem like roles to me. But no matter.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I am a type 3, that answers the question for me, how many do you think I wear? =)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Assuming 'mask' is a fake identity in place of your real one... I would say about 1-5 a day, depending on how much time is spent in public.

At home, naturally, I hardly ever wear masks.

In public, and on the internet, I tend to fall into whatever role is easiest for me to assume, switching masks freely. (This often leads to 'O.O' faces and 'Are you sure!?' when I tell people I am an INTJ, unfortunately.)

Probably not the most healthy way to live, but tis a work in progress.

Reactions: Mountainshepherd

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I have some really nice masks of Chinese clay soldiers that I bought at the Royal Ontario Museum. I don't wear them every day, though.

I am jealous. I always wanted one of those terra cotta soldiers. Right in my front lawn or a series adoring the edges of my driveway. Makes you feel awesome when you drive through on the way to the garage.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I am jealous. I always wanted one of those terra cotta soldiers. Right in my front lawn or a series adoring the edges of my driveway. Makes you feel awesome when you drive through on the way to the garage.
Having seen a few of the real ones, I think a cement reproduction would be more practical and attractive for use on the lawn, personally

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Having seen a few of the real ones, I think a cement reproduction would be more practical and attractive for use on the lawn, personally
eh, cement seems low class for me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Masks as in fake identities? Too many to count. I'm seriously a different person around everyone I know.

For instance...
-Around some people I become boisterous, loud, and sociable, constantly cracking jokes and making everyone laugh. This happens only when I am nervous or around new people. Its my default face.
-Some people know me as stubborn
-Others know me as kind
-Some people see me as a push-over
-Some people see me as way over-emotional
-Some people see me as stoic as a rock
-Some people think I'm a bitch
-Some people think I'm the sweetest little girl on earth
-Some people see me as a brainiac
-Some people see me as know-it-all
-Some people see me as stupid
-Some people see me as "that girly pretty girl"
-Some people see me as "that tough strong girl"
-Most people think I'm obsessed with shoes for some reason, even though I haven't bought any for years.

I don't think there's a person on earth who sees me for who I am. It's tough, because each time I try, I end up hurting someone's feelings. I have to act differently around each person to avoid offending people. Normally I wouldn't care, but hurt feelings means weak friendships, and I don't like that idea. The downside is that I'm always acting. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts