Personality Cafe banner

How many INTP PerC members are teenagers?

• I am! (13-19)

Votes: 111 63.4%
  • I'm not (23+)

Votes: 39 22.3%
  • I was a few years ago (20-22)

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • Not yet *sheepish grin* (12 or younger)

Votes: 1 0.6%
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've noticed a trend here... Every time a teenager on this forum posts about (being depressed, having an identity crisis, dealing with social junk), it seems like there are tons more sympathetic "You know, I'm going through that too right now, I'm 17" posts than there are "You'll get through it, just remember (advice)" or "Get over it, it's no big deal" posts from adults. Usually, you have to go down at least five posts before there's an adult offering advice--and a lot of the time, the sympathetic posts are from people who you would have thought were maybe ten years older than they actually are.

So I'm wondering. How many of us are actually teenagers who write like adults?

I'll put up a poll.

Reactions: Cover3

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Well, I'm 14.
I'm not sure how I write. For a short story that I wrote, my teacher commented on how large my vocabulary was, but online, I usually don't use a lot of the words that I know... And that doesn't necessarily correlate with how adult-like my writing is.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Happy 17th Birthday, luxurieux!

I'm 19. There is a 'teen' in the spelling of that number so....does that count? I don't count it myself. I'd say I'm a young adult.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm 16; I don't seem to notice those depression victim threads, and I sure as heck don't post on them. Simply due to the fact that I wouldn't have any useful information to add.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Why, thank ya kindly, sir! (Please say that in an irritating southern accent. Like Huck Finn or something. Because that's how it happened in my head for some reason.)
Oddly, I said that out loud but in an English accent...then I realized it wasn't southern haha. Yea, it would have probably passed through my head with the southern accent too. lol

.....let's not hijack this thread now, I can make a full blown convo out of this.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I'm 14.
I'm not sure how I write. For a short story that I wrote, my teacher commented on how large my vocabulary was, but online, I usually don't use a lot of the words that I know... And that doesn't necessarily correlate with how adult-like my writing is.
Okay. Question. Have you ever seen someone on Facebook use the word "correlate" in a casual setting? No?

How about... capitalizing I and the first letter of every sentence? Anyone who isn't adult or INTP?

How about spelling everything right?

Hmm. You've done all three in your post, but I've gotten emails from teachers that flunk each of them. I've gotten emails from English teachers who've flunked each of them.

I would say that qualifies your post to be written in a style that could conceivably fool people into thinking that you're not a teenager.

Can any other girl besides me string together a sentence without the usage of the word "like?" It's ridiculous.
Scan my post. In fact, scan this post and the first, opening post.

I'm 14 and female.

Amazing, huh? we speak english rel great dont we

y3S W3 |>0!!!1!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm 14 and female.

Amazing, huh? we speak english rel great dont we
y3S W3 |>0!!!1!!
Le gasp, who could have foreseen this sudden turn of events. :shocked:

The post; the questions, it all makes sense now.

·
Registered
454 Posts
61 percent? Sheeeeeeeeeeeit.
There is probably a polling bias as well, since people who meet the expectations would be more likely to vote/post.

Reactions: myexplodingcat

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I'm 14.
There is probably a polling bias as well, since people who meet the expectations would be more likely to vote/post.
Although there is the undeniable fact that at least 13 of us are teenagers, and this post hasn't been up for more than, say, an hour? An hour and a half?

1 - 20 of 112 Posts