Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that a lot of ENTP's that I meet tend to come from a rich/upperclass background, and were highly neglected as a child or had a lousy relationship with their parents. Does this describe you?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Eh, not really. I come from a middle/upper-middle class family, but I wouldn't say we were ever rich, and I have a fine relationship with my parents for the most part.

Reactions: agokcen

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Upper middle-class.

Literally, HATED my parents as a kid. We're better now, but... yeah, we had our rough spots.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Middle class. I was unsupervised, one parent, pretty much free to roam however I wanted. I wouldn't call it neglected as I rather enjoyed my freedom. I caused a lot of trouble. I felt neglected more by society. Generation X, I read, is the most incarcerated generation in history. Many of us were this: Latchkey kid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. There are some issues there.

Anyway, there is some basis for your query. ENTPs tend towards some narcissism to one degree or another, and narcissism can develop under neglectful parents.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Middle class. I was unsupervised, one parent, pretty much free to roam however I wanted. I wouldn't call it neglected as I rather enjoyed my freedom. I caused a lot of trouble. I felt neglected more by society. Generation X, I read, is the most incarcerated generation in history. Many of us were this: Latchkey kid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. There are some issues there.

Anyway, there is some basis for your query. ENTPs tend towards some narcissism to one degree or another, and narcissism can develop under neglectful parents.
Ditto!!!!!

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
This doesn't sound sensible; do you have any non subjective statistics to prove your theory?
He's really just asking if the ENTPs here can match that description.
I don't think he was really introducing a theory...

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's really just asking if the ENTPs here can match that description.
I don't think he was really introducing a theory...
Obviously my theory is bullshit

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Middle Class to upper-middle class, somewhat strict parents, attempts at sheltering which worked somewhat kept me socially subdued for the most part. roamed wild in scouts, horrible relationship with my mom, decent to not great with my dad, and my sister is well, I'm just a wild child rebel, who will probably out class them with success.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Obviously my theory is bullshit
I found your idea interesting; I didn't say it was wrong, I just don't understand how you leaped to the conclusion because you haven't shared that with us. I think ENTPs may appear as if they came from wealthy because they are good at earning (they have talents and intelligence) and generally like nice things, but I don't think it follows that the parents are neccessarily wealthy.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I found your idea interesting; I didn't say it was wrong, I just don't understand how you leaped to the conclusion because you haven't shared that with us. I think ENTPs may appear as if they came from wealthy because they are good at earning (they have talents and intelligence) and generally like nice things, but I don't think it follows that the parents are neccessarily wealthy.
Personal experience - that's what he said. So the poor guy just posted to test it out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've noticed that a lot of ENTP's that I meet tend to come from a rich/upperclass background, and were highly neglected as a child or had a lousy relationship with their parents. Does this describe you?

My dad(ENTP) is rich/upperclass, and I was 'highly neglected' by him growing up.

I can see how you could come up with this theory. ENTPs are more likely to be entreprenuers and therefor are more likely to obtain more resources thru calculated risk taking. Put another way, ENTPs have better odds at making the wealthy entreprenuer dream a reality. Its just the way we're programmed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
In between Middle/Lower Class. Really close and loving family, my father is a pastor and he is always busy with the church. So i guess i was a little neglected by him, not that i ever cared. I think he is ENTP... yeah it was feast or famine with him.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My dad(ENTP) is rich/upperclass, and I was 'highly neglected' by him growing up.

I can see how you could come up with this theory. ENTPs are more likely to be entreprenuers and therefor are more likely to obtain more resources thru calculated risk taking. Put another way, ENTPs have better odds at making the wealthy entreprenuer dream a reality. Its just the way we're programmed.
This was my exact reasoning for this theory

Reactions: xEmilyx

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
From working class to middle class during upbringing. SJ parents. I was a model child, but had lousy friends. Parents never really knew me.

·
Registered
161 Posts

if this true then this is great news. i am a POOR infj looking for my match -where can i find these rich entps's? lol:laughing:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts