1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I suppose.. ? I kind of lack a social life, but I take it I would. I guess. Don't know, don't really care lol.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Do you mean 'indie'?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not quite sure, I sort of mix. I live near Portland, I find the style very interesting from a culture perspective... that is if we're talking about the same thing.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Well, I've had a fair share of friends and acquaintances that would identify as indie, but they've never been my go-to-guys-or-gals. I've never once run into a conflict with them though, and I love talking about their interests, because, well, indie interests are usually justifiably awesome.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Um. I guess that people would call me indie but I've never got along with people who call themselves that. :mellow:

I got called an inner hippie the other day. That was cool. o_O

·
Registered
314 Posts
Heh...I guess I'll seriously answer your question.

Back in high school I tried really hard to be on the "cutting edge" of the indie music scene. No one I knew did the same thing, but I enjoyed trying to get my friends to listen to things they wouldn't normally listen to.

Soon I got kind of tired of trying to like bands that were simply terrible. I just went back to lackadaisically discovering new bands. However, some of my favourite stand-bys came from that time of my life. And when I went to uni, I discovered that there was a whole scene of people who knew those bands and appreciated them. So I fit in with them in that respect.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I could if I wanted, but I wouldn't describe many of my friends as "indie", and none of my close friends, for that matter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts